Project CAP Teambuilding Competition

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the CAP teambuilding competition! Here I will supply a Pokemon to build around, and y'all will submit teams including said Pokemon. Every week I will give a new Pokemon which people will create teams with, which we will vote on.

The first mon that we are building with is Pajantom. Submit your best!
1642586657291.png

Deadline is January 26 at 12:00 AM GMT -7

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Roost

Colossoil @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Venomicon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Pajantom @ Choice Band
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Outrage by
- Iron Tail
- Dragon Claw

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Volkraken @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Scorching Sands
- U-turn

Pajantom is an incredibly offensive spinblocker, wallbreaker and Zapdos punisher, which is great alongside Venomicon. The best Pajantom checks also happen to be countered by Venomicon and Zapdos, so those three Pokemon are the core of this team.

Colossoil provides hazard control and another check against Electrics (Zapdos in particular) that make Venomicon unhappy.

This team has a bunch of answers against bulky Waters, which led me to try Volkraken as my speed control and backup Fire resist. It works pretty well, though at times I do wish I had something better against Dragapult in this slot, perhaps Hydreigon.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
:pajantom: :victini: :tapu-koko: :landorus: :toxapex: :equilibra:

https://pokepast.es/835fca51c4712bdb

in my experience, adapaj is one of the most devastating mons in the game, but the main issue with it is positioning it; spirit shackle 2hkos everything but rarely ohkos, and adapaj's speed is SOLID but not, like, amazing; this means you want to get paj in on mons that cant do significant damage to it (astro/tran/glowking/slowbro) or mons that are scared of being ohkod by it (lando). vic and koko are really cool offensive partners for paj because they both uturn on mons that paj kinda just eats (vic turns on tran/bro/astro, koko turns on glowking/lando). the bulky waters that vic turns on can also be dealt with by koko, which is another cool aspect to the synergy.

it was here i realized that i'm 3 slots in and i dont have a volt resist, a flying resist, a rocker, a defogger, or a defensive pivot, so i did what any self respecting cap player does and slapped a lando onto the team. knock off because knocking off boots/lefties is more useful to me than toxic damage because the plan here is to apply offensive pressure with rocks, then turn turn with vic/koko and break with paj. i needed to compress dpult switchin+steel+book answer+clef answer+bulky water in the last two slots, and i thought pex+psych up libra would be the best way of going about that.

your only unwinnable mu with this team is cawm ho (nerf the mon please, againa's post is really cool, i like it, please do it), but other than that, this team does a fine job against most other teams. the nicks were originally future nostalgia ones but i thought red fit the vibe of the team better.

cheers~!!

Last edited:

dex

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Let's head to voting! Here are the options:

reachzero's Pajantom + Venomicon Offense

Zephyri's Pajantom + Victini Bulky Offense

an example vote would be this: [username]

Voting will go on until January 28, 12:00 AM GMT -7

Last edited:

dex

Congrats to Zephyri for winning the first week! Try out his team, it’s actually really cool!

Our next mon we will be looking at is Equilibra! Libra has seen a resurgence as of late as a specially defensive wall that is capable of providing important Doom Desire support and entry hazard removal. Hope to see some cracked spreads!

The deadline for this week is February 4, 12 AM GMT -7
1643414573770.png

dex

And the winner of this round is SHSP! His team is quite balanced and pretty easy to pilot, I highly suggest testing it out by bothering quziel someone on ps to play with you!

The next mon we are looking at is Venomicon-E! Venomicon’s angrier forme has become an absolute force in the metagame as an excellent stallbreaker and wallbreaker. Despite its weakness to Stealth Rock and tendency to get chipped, it fits surprisingly well on a number of builds. Excited to see what y’all come up with for CAP’s newest BrokenBird.

The deadline for this week is February 13, 12:00 AM -7

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
https://pokepast.es/a73b23c30afa8473

team lily used in CL earlier today, we didn't get to reveal sub venomicon but its a cool set trust me

weav + venom is the main wallbreaking core with the rest of the team just filling it out defensively, rotom is nice for weakening opposing ferro / giving venom opportunities by pivoting on mons like clef, twave last on clef to punish both venom formes from easily switching in + help weav+venom cheese past pex and bulky steels, rest should be pretty self explanatory. team doesnt love balloon tran but thats just ss

dex

not gonna let spoo have all the glory without a fight

https://pokepast.es/05c62f72a04097d3

Team that I built for The Strap for CAPCL, though we chose to run with a different one.

Like spoo's team, I partnered Venom with a breaker; however, I went with Galarian Zapdos. GZap can force damage onto Zapdos and generally appreciates the holes Venom can punch in opposing defensive cores. As with any GZap team, it has an Electric-type. Zeraora is particularly nice on this team as a pivot since the combo of Venom and Gapdos means that going lando can be punished very easily. Ferro+Fini takes care of Weavile, which is a big threat to this team offensively. Ferro further helps vs. hail, and fini with pult. Lando is the catchall here, and the team definitely appreciates its slow pivoting and tendency to bait in mons that the breakers can deal with. The team does not love Toxapex, but if it gets Tricked it becomes easily manageable.

https://pokepast.es/2121c40a8dff5a4e

Venom plus fighting plus Delayed move is really hard to handle over the course of a game.
This one is already like 3 weeks old so I forgot what things it checks and what not.
It is however incredibly hard to check all three of its breakers consistently and they get to delete a bunch of walls for each other
Bro is ebook check. Libra can check koko and Book and helps vs Pult together with Tran.
I guess if you don’t load into Zera this team is very solid. If you load into it you have to play hard to keep it off the field.

dex

aight lets move on to voting!

spoo: Sub Venomicon + Weavile Balance
dex: Venomicon + Galarian Zapdos Birdspam Offense
Amamama: Venomicon + Revenankh Balance

Deadline: February 14 at 12:00 AM GMT -7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)