CAP Room Tours

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader

CAP Room Tours

Do you wish you knew when CAP room tournaments were going to happen? Well wait no longer, as we now have a bot running tours in the CAP Project chatroom on Pokemon Showdown! Standard Gen 7 CAP Double Elimination tournaments will occur daily at the times on the schedule. Use these games for higher quality replays for trying new teams and showcasing sets! I'd like to thank Sunfished and Jho for hosting this project with me, as well as cbrevan's help.

This project immensely appreciates community input for the optimal schedule. Please post here if you would like a tournament to start at a different time or at a completely new time. Also, feel free to make any other suggestions!

All times will be based on eastern time zone.

Schedule (EST):
5:00 PM
8:00 PM
10:00 PM
1:00 AM
8:00 AM

FAQ:
Q: Will this mean that room moderators won't start tournaments informally?
A: Absolutely not! There will still be other tournaments. However, if there's a tournament coming up relatively soon, the moderator might defer to wait for the scheduled tournament.

Q: Will there be OM CAP Tournaments?
A: As of now, no. This project will be devoted to hosting standard Gen 7 CAP tournaments.

Q: Is there a point system for these tournaments?
A: We're considering a point system of some sort in the future. As we hammer out the details, enjoy some CAP battles!

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Woo more time for me to lose to absolute randos

In all seriousness though, I noticed a large gap in the schedule between 8 AM and 5 PM, which leaves a significant portion of the afternoon untouched by the tourney bot. Is this because of a lack of moderators during that time, a lack of players, or both? Whatever it is , could it be possible to add a tour during around noon? A 9 hour gap is a massive amount of time to not be touring, so I think at least one tour during there would be good to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)