CAP Fan Content Thread

These were my art submissions from Gen 7 onwards, minus the stuff I did for 25. I am happier with how some of these turned out than others. Admittedly, my previous over-reliance on MS Paint and my lack of motivation before 29 messed me up a lot.

CAP 23 - Pajantom

CAP 24 - Jumbao

CAP 26 - Equilibra

CAP 27 - Astrolotl

CAP 28 - Miasmaw

CAP 29 - Chromera

The results I'm happiest with are 23 and 29. The rest kinda aged like milk.

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
is a Community Contributor
Yo yo yo, now that Cap 30 is underway, I thought I’d reminisce over the wonderful designs that were submitted for Cap 29; my first cap process. I drew sketches of each design awhile back just before Chromera was finalized, and I haven’t shared them on the forums yet, until now!

Attachments

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
Ahoy gang, it’s Yu once again here to bring a smile to all your faces. In this sketch dump today, I present you all the official CAP designs!

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm making a pokémon fangame that will include pokemon CAP, pokemon pokestar, and a few pokemon invented by me. I know that I can perfectly use the CAP pokemon, as long as I do not modify them aesthetically, or competitively, and put the entire CAP community on credit.
But I have several questions that are not specified:
1- Can I change any evolutionary method? I say it because for example Mumbao evolves with friendship and that evolutionary form will surely not be possible in my fangame, and I have thought that it will evolve with the day stone; also another that I would like to change would be tactite, since it evolves by exchanging; For now I plan to create an NPC that will exchange a tactite for you and so evolve, but if it is not possible, could I change the evolutionary method?
2-Can I make rebble a fossil? I would be interested if there was a new fossil, and the one that best fits is rebble; in my fangame I plan to obtain it with a fossil.
3-Do you have a specific CAPDEX order or do I have to invent one?
4-Are there any legendary pokémon? The only one that I think is legendary would be Chromera, for its total base that is 600, but still I don't know for sure; And if it was legendary, I could you make it not legendary? is that I already have the legendaries planned (they are not CAP), in case you force me or prefer that Chromera make it legendary to respect your decisions, I will have no problem doing it.
5-Do you plan to make more CAP pokemon soon? I say it because that is how I already mentalize myself and create a space for it; I know all the showdown CAPs and the PRE-CAPs that are yet to come out.

Those would be all my questions, I wanted to post them in a question forum but I didn't find any that were from CAP so I decided to ask it here; Thanks for your time and attention.

I'm making a pokémon fangame that will include pokemon CAP, pokemon pokestar, and a few pokemon invented by me. I know that I can perfectly use the CAP pokemon, as long as I do not modify them aesthetically, or competitively, and put the entire CAP community on credit.
But I have several questions that are not specified:
1- Can I change any evolutionary method? I say it because for example Mumbao evolves with friendship and that evolutionary form will surely not be possible in my fangame, and I have thought that it will evolve with the day stone; also another that I would like to change would be tactite, since it evolves by exchanging; For now I plan to create an NPC that will exchange a tactite for you and so evolve, but if it is not possible, could I change the evolutionary method?
2-Can I make rebble a fossil? I would be interested if there was a new fossil, and the one that best fits is rebble; in my fangame I plan to obtain it with a fossil.
3-Do you have a specific CAPDEX order or do I have to invent one?
4-Are there any legendary pokémon? The only one that I think is legendary would be Chromera, for its total base that is 600, but still I don't know for sure; And if it was legendary, I could you make it not legendary? is that I already have the legendaries planned (they are not CAP), in case you force me or prefer that Chromera make it legendary to respect your decisions, I will have no problem doing it.
5-Do you plan to make more CAP pokemon soon? I say it because that is how I already mentalize myself and create a space for it; I know all the showdown CAPs and the PRE-CAPs that are yet to come out.

Those would be all my questions, I wanted to post them in a question forum but I didn't find any that were from CAP so I decided to ask it here; Thanks for your time and attention.
For future reference, we have a Simple Questions Simple Answers thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...v-3-0-read-the-op.3463255/page-5#post-4474770

1. You are not allowed to change anything about the CAPs that is already established. The following is our official stance regarding fan use of CAP Pokemon:
You can use CAP pokemon for your game, if you wish. But you must observe the following stipulations:
  • Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community
  • Credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project", and provide links to our website, located here: http://www.smogon.com/cap/
  • Your representation of our characters must be consistent with the names, design elements, and overall themes of the characters as defined on the CAP website and CAP forum
Many people have created artworks, ROM hacks, video fighting games, and other interesting offshoot projects using our characters. If you get something interesting together, please let me know and perhaps we can cross-link from here to your project. Good luck!
2. Rebble has never been established as a fossil Pokemon, and I believe the preference here is for it to stay that way, as per the quote above.

3. There is no official CAPdex order. People sometimes use the order of release as a sort of dex numbering, but this is an informal system that you're free to change.

4. Chromera is a legendary Pokemon, as per official decree here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sting-submit-your-replays-teams-here.3683014/. I believe the preference here would be for it to stay legendary.

5. We are currently in the middle of creating a new CAP. If you'd like to participate, I recommend following along with the threads pinned at the top of this subforum (we are currently active in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-30-part-1-concept-assessment.3688808/), and joining the CAP Discord (https://discord.gg/WUHvDHY) if you have any questions.

For future reference, we have a Simple Questions Simple Answers thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...v-3-0-read-the-op.3463255/page-5#post-4474770

1. You are not allowed to change anything about the CAPs that is already established. The following is our official stance regarding fan use of CAP Pokemon:

2. Rebble has never been established as a fossil Pokemon, and I believe the preference here is for it to stay that way, as per the quote above.

3. There is no official CAPdex order. People sometimes use the order of release as a sort of dex numbering, but this is an informal system that you're free to change.

4. Chromera is a legendary Pokemon, as per official decree here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sting-submit-your-replays-teams-here.3683014/. I believe the preference here would be for it to stay legendary.

5. We are currently in the middle of creating a new CAP. If you'd like to participate, I recommend following along with the threads pinned at the top of this subforum (we are currently active in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-30-part-1-concept-assessment.3688808/), and joining the CAP Discord (https://discord.gg/WUHvDHY) if you have any questions.
Thank you for all your responses, it has been kind, clear and pleasant;
I love CAP and I think I already know how to work around evolutionary methods, then rebble could finally fit into a cave, and chromera could be a postgame minor legendary. I will try to help as much as I can

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The CAP Discord server has recently held an art contest where the prompt was to design regional variants for a given CAP Pokemon. We've had a lot of wonderful entrants, and here are the results! As always, the purpose of these art contests is just for fun. These designs are fan art and have no influence on the CAP process.

Note: For this contest, users could submit multiple sets of regional variants, and each set of designs were voted on separately.

RankingUserDesignDescription
1st place (43 points)Mos-Quitoxe
image7.png
Regional Arghonaut

Ground/Fighting

These Arghonaut adapted to desert life long ago. Dust storms boil in their wake as they tear across the outback, ransacking villages in their path. The tubes leading into their mouth filter air, allowing them to breathe without inhaling sand. Don’t ask how their wheel-tentacles work.
2nd place (42 points)NoahIOTJ
image1.png
image12.png
[Regional Jumbao, Grass/Dark Type, based on Mandrake Root monsters and the Phantom of the Opera. Similarly to both, uses sound based moves. Evolves at Night with high friendship from Mumbao.]
3rd place (39 points)Yokaiju
image5.png
Regional Pyroak
Grass/Electric. Based on the Jackbox tree and its exploding fruit.
4th place (36 points)Amamama
image10.jpg
Galarian Krilowatt
water/fairy
A much smaller variant of Krilowatt, that lives in the sweetwater of floodplains in Galar.
Local Fairytales and Myths of Water Nymphs are often based on this Pokemon.
Galarian Krilowatt is a very solicitous Pokemon, that helps weary travelers refresh. It is said, that the water it lives in gains magical powers.

Abilities Magic Guard/Trace/Healer
Gets a signature water move called soothing spring, which heals adjacent teammembers in multibattles, Learns Dazzling Gleam, Purify, Live Dew, Wish, wing attack, charm, heal bell, safeguard, healing wish, fairy wind and dual wing beat.
Stats change to 151 64 63 93 94 105
5th place (35 points)Unsee
image8.png
Kalosian Arghonaut
Water/Fire
I imagine it helps out in French Kalosian restaurants and serves up good eats! It boils water, and food, in its head. Assuming we’re allowed to go avant-garde here with ability ideas, it likely has a custom ability that gives all its Water-type attacks a chance to burn the opponent.
6th place (32 points)Zephiri
image4.png
Kalosian Mollux
Fire/Fairy
Flame Body/Natural Cure/Illuminate
(i'm not doing stats lol)
Inspo is lamps and candlelight dinners, my headcanon is that suitors brought molluxes to tables and used them as lamps when proposing because the fumes from the candles are said to make people fall in love but that practice fell out of favor when a mollux burned a restaurant down bcs someone touched its candles, killing everyone inside apart from the mollux.
7th place (31 points)Scizivire
image2.png
Alolan Kitsunoh
Grass/Fire
Abilities: Insomnia / Flash Fire (Magic Bounce)
Stats: 80/55/80/103/85/110 (513)

Based on tiki masks and tiki torches. Due to its strong desire to party with the people of Alola, it changed out its masks for wooden ones. A mystical power awoke within it and gradually it learned to control flame. No longer stealthy, it instead focuses on supporting its trainer and fellow Pokémon.
8th place (30 points)Shadowshocker
image3.jpg
image6.jpg
image9.jpg
Galarian Rebble
Fragment Pokémon
Rock/Poison
Exposure to Wishing Particles in Galar caused a shift in Rebble’s physiology to cope with the new energy overflow. It propels itself with oddly geometric pulses of unstable energy. Following multiple failed attempts to harness this release of Dynamax energy, scientists have instead turned their efforts to studying Galarian Rebble’s biometric structure in hopes of discovering a method of stabilising Dynamax energy instead.

Galarian Tactite
Conduit Pokémon
Rock/Poison
A Galarian Rebble that has amassed enough Dynamax energy within itself without discharging it transforms into this variation of Tactite. Instead of releasing Dynamax energy, Galarian Tactite actively seeks stronger sources of it; thus they can typically be found circling Dynamax Lairs waiting for Trainers to toss Wishing Pieces in. The central core of a Galarian Tactite has shifted to its “claw”, allowing it to directly absorb Dynamax energy. It discharges excessive radiation in the form of lasers from the studded gemstones on its tail that used to be its head.

Galarian Stratagem
Rift Pokémon
Rock/Poison
An overflowing amount of Dynamax energy caused Galarian Tactite to evolve into its unstable final form. Instead of simply seeking Dynamax energy released by Wishing Stars and Dynamax Lairs, Galarian Stratagem regularly releases bolts of excess power, leaving scorch marks wherever its powerful beams hit the earth. Its gemstone eyes and limbs observe its surroundings at all times as it wanders aimlessly. Trainers are strictly warned not to look into the eye at the centre of its orbiting body where the lasers are released from.
9th place (24 points)Zephyri
image11.png
Alolan Chromera
Poison/Psychic

Took a long time but here it is.
More april fools styled sprites though I skipped some like Stratagem since they were already good or I couldn't think of a good joke.
Anyone remember these gender differences?
Syclant.png
Syclant.png
Syclant.png
Syclant.png

Syclant.png
Syclant.png
Syclant.png
Syclant.png

Revanankh.png
Revanankh.png
Revanankh.png
Revanankh.png

Revanankh.png
Revanankh.png
Revanankh.png
Revanankh.png

Pyroak.png
Pyroak.png
Pyroak.png
Pyroak.png

Pyroak.png
Pyroak.png
Pyroak.png
Pyroak.png

Fidgit.png
Fidgit.png
Fidgit.png
Fidgit.png

Fidgit.png
Fidgit.png
Fidgit.png
Fidgit.png

Arghonaut.png
Arghonaut.png
Arghonaut.png
Arghonaut.png

Arghonaut.png
Arghonaut.png
Arghonaut.png
Arghonaut.png

Kitsunoh.png
Kitsunoh.png
Kitsunoh.png
Kitsunoh.png

Kitsunoh.png
Kitsunoh.png
Kitsunoh.png
Kitsunoh.png

Cyclohm.png
Cyclohm.png
Cyclohm.png
Cyclohm.png

Cyclohm.png
Cyclohm.png
Cyclohm.png
Cyclohm.png

Colosoil.png
Colosoil.png
Colosoil.png
Colosoil.png

Colosoil.png
Colosoil.png
Colosoil.png
Colosoil.png

Krilowatt.png
Krilowatt.png
Krilowatt.png
Krilowatt.png

Krilowatt.png
Krilowatt.png
Krilowatt.png
Krilowatt.png

Voodoom.png
Voodoom.png
Voodoom.png
Voodoom.png

Voodoom.png
Voodoom.png
Voodoom.png
Voodoom.png

Mollux.png
Mollux.png

Mollux.png
Mollux.png

Well doesn't this look familiar?
Aurumoth.png
Aurumoth.png

Aurumoth.png
Aurumoth.png

Malaconda.png
Malaconda2.png

Malaconda.png
Malaconda2.png

Cawmodore.png
Cawmodore.png

Cawmodore.png
Cawmodore.png

Crucibelle.png
Crucibelle.png
Crucibelle.png
Crucibelle.png

Crucibelle.png
Crucibelle.png
Crucibelle.png
Crucibelle.png

Pajantom.png
Pajantom.png

Pajantom.png
Pajantom.png

Jumbao.png
Jumbao.png

Jumbao.png
Jumbao.png

Equilibra.png
Equilibra.png

Equilibra.png
Equilibra.png

This was tiring...

Attachments

Last edited:

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
I’m back, ya haven’t seen the last of me! Took a while to get this batch out because it was literally 60+ designs but it was fun regardless. Congrats Unsee on your marvelous CAP, Venomicon is a marvel and well done to the rest of yous! I’m stunned at the delightful work in the rest of these designs!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)