Sorry for volume and stuff, song starts around 16 seconds.
For future reference, we have a Simple Questions Simple Answers thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...v-3-0-read-the-op.3463255/page-5#post-4474770I'm making a pokémon fangame that will include pokemon CAP, pokemon pokestar, and a few pokemon invented by me. I know that I can perfectly use the CAP pokemon, as long as I do not modify them aesthetically, or competitively, and put the entire CAP community on credit.
But I have several questions that are not specified:
1- Can I change any evolutionary method? I say it because for example Mumbao evolves with friendship and that evolutionary form will surely not be possible in my fangame, and I have thought that it will evolve with the day stone; also another that I would like to change would be tactite, since it evolves by exchanging; For now I plan to create an NPC that will exchange a tactite for you and so evolve, but if it is not possible, could I change the evolutionary method?
2-Can I make rebble a fossil? I would be interested if there was a new fossil, and the one that best fits is rebble; in my fangame I plan to obtain it with a fossil.
3-Do you have a specific CAPDEX order or do I have to invent one?
4-Are there any legendary pokémon? The only one that I think is legendary would be Chromera, for its total base that is 600, but still I don't know for sure; And if it was legendary, I could you make it not legendary? is that I already have the legendaries planned (they are not CAP), in case you force me or prefer that Chromera make it legendary to respect your decisions, I will have no problem doing it.
5-Do you plan to make more CAP pokemon soon? I say it because that is how I already mentalize myself and create a space for it; I know all the showdown CAPs and the PRE-CAPs that are yet to come out.
Those would be all my questions, I wanted to post them in a question forum but I didn't find any that were from CAP so I decided to ask it here; Thanks for your time and attention.
2. Rebble has never been established as a fossil Pokemon, and I believe the preference here is for it to stay that way, as per the quote above.You can use CAP pokemon for your game, if you wish. But you must observe the following stipulations:
Many people have created artworks, ROM hacks, video fighting games, and other interesting offshoot projects using our characters. If you get something interesting together, please let me know and perhaps we can cross-link from here to your project. Good luck!
- Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community
- Credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project", and provide links to our website, located here: http://www.smogon.com/cap/
- Your representation of our characters must be consistent with the names, design elements, and overall themes of the characters as defined on the CAP website and CAP forum
Thank you for all your responses, it has been kind, clear and pleasant;For future reference, we have a Simple Questions Simple Answers thread here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...v-3-0-read-the-op.3463255/page-5#post-4474770
1. You are not allowed to change anything about the CAPs that is already established. The following is our official stance regarding fan use of CAP Pokemon:
2. Rebble has never been established as a fossil Pokemon, and I believe the preference here is for it to stay that way, as per the quote above.
3. There is no official CAPdex order. People sometimes use the order of release as a sort of dex numbering, but this is an informal system that you're free to change.
4. Chromera is a legendary Pokemon, as per official decree here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sting-submit-your-replays-teams-here.3683014/. I believe the preference here would be for it to stay legendary.
5. We are currently in the middle of creating a new CAP. If you'd like to participate, I recommend following along with the threads pinned at the top of this subforum (we are currently active in https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-30-part-1-concept-assessment.3688808/), and joining the CAP Discord (https://discord.gg/WUHvDHY) if you have any questions.
|1st place (43 points)||Mos-Quitoxe||Regional Arghonaut|
These Arghonaut adapted to desert life long ago. Dust storms boil in their wake as they tear across the outback, ransacking villages in their path. The tubes leading into their mouth filter air, allowing them to breathe without inhaling sand. Don’t ask how their wheel-tentacles work.
|2nd place (42 points)||NoahIOTJ||[Regional Jumbao, Grass/Dark Type, based on Mandrake Root monsters and the Phantom of the Opera. Similarly to both, uses sound based moves. Evolves at Night with high friendship from Mumbao.]|
|3rd place (39 points)||Yokaiju||Regional Pyroak|
Grass/Electric. Based on the Jackbox tree and its exploding fruit.
|4th place (36 points)||Amamama||Galarian Krilowatt|
A much smaller variant of Krilowatt, that lives in the sweetwater of floodplains in Galar.
Local Fairytales and Myths of Water Nymphs are often based on this Pokemon.
Galarian Krilowatt is a very solicitous Pokemon, that helps weary travelers refresh. It is said, that the water it lives in gains magical powers.
Abilities Magic Guard/Trace/Healer
Gets a signature water move called soothing spring, which heals adjacent teammembers in multibattles, Learns Dazzling Gleam, Purify, Live Dew, Wish, wing attack, charm, heal bell, safeguard, healing wish, fairy wind and dual wing beat.
Stats change to 151 64 63 93 94 105
|5th place (35 points)||Unsee||Kalosian Arghonaut|
I imagine it helps out in
|6th place (32 points)||Zephiri||Kalosian Mollux|
Flame Body/Natural Cure/Illuminate
(i'm not doing stats lol)
Inspo is lamps and candlelight dinners, my headcanon is that suitors brought molluxes to tables and used them as lamps when proposing because the fumes from the candles are said to make people fall in love but that practice fell out of favor when a mollux burned a restaurant down bcs someone touched its candles, killing everyone inside apart from the mollux.
|7th place (31 points)||Scizivire||Alolan Kitsunoh|
Abilities: Insomnia / Flash Fire (Magic Bounce)
Stats: 80/55/80/103/85/110 (513)
Based on tiki masks and tiki torches. Due to its strong desire to party with the people of Alola, it changed out its masks for wooden ones. A mystical power awoke within it and gradually it learned to control flame. No longer stealthy, it instead focuses on supporting its trainer and fellow Pokémon.
|8th place (30 points)||Shadowshocker||Galarian Rebble|
Exposure to Wishing Particles in Galar caused a shift in Rebble’s physiology to cope with the new energy overflow. It propels itself with oddly geometric pulses of unstable energy. Following multiple failed attempts to harness this release of Dynamax energy, scientists have instead turned their efforts to studying Galarian Rebble’s biometric structure in hopes of discovering a method of stabilising Dynamax energy instead.
A Galarian Rebble that has amassed enough Dynamax energy within itself without discharging it transforms into this variation of Tactite. Instead of releasing Dynamax energy, Galarian Tactite actively seeks stronger sources of it; thus they can typically be found circling Dynamax Lairs waiting for Trainers to toss Wishing Pieces in. The central core of a Galarian Tactite has shifted to its “claw”, allowing it to directly absorb Dynamax energy. It discharges excessive radiation in the form of lasers from the studded gemstones on its tail that used to be its head.
An overflowing amount of Dynamax energy caused Galarian Tactite to evolve into its unstable final form. Instead of simply seeking Dynamax energy released by Wishing Stars and Dynamax Lairs, Galarian Stratagem regularly releases bolts of excess power, leaving scorch marks wherever its powerful beams hit the earth. Its gemstone eyes and limbs observe its surroundings at all times as it wanders aimlessly. Trainers are strictly warned not to look into the eye at the centre of its orbiting body where the lasers are released from.
|9th place (24 points)||Zephyri||Alolan Chromera|
They look AWESOME