CAP Cries for Pokemon Showdown! ...Or just for fun :)

So, I got bored the last couple days and decided to make CAP cries. Here's cries for, in order...
  • Embirch
  • Flarelm
  • Pyroak
  • Breezi
  • Fidgit
  • Rebble
  • Tactite
  • Stratagem
  • Mollux (Side note: This little fella was designed by a good friend of mine!)
  • Brattler
  • Malaconda
  • Pluffle
  • Kerfluffle
  • Pajantom
So, these are a mix of found and edited sound effects (the Embirch line notably contains a "flare" explosion sound in each cry that I tracked down from memory; it was in a 20-year-old Thomas the Tank Engine episode!), foley work (both my own voice [or saliva, in the case of Mollux] and my late dog Maxwell's squeaky toys), and processed tones (the Rebble and its evolutions). I tried to make them sound as authentically "Pokémon-esque" and Showdown-worthy as possible. :)

Feedback is appreciated! I'm happy with most of these, but I'm open to constructive criticism.

Last edited:

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
So, I got bored the last couple days and decided to make CAP cries. Here's cries for, in order...
  • Embirch
  • Flarelm
  • Pyroak
  • Breezi
  • Fidgit
  • Rebble
  • Tactite
  • Stratagem
  • Brattler
  • Malaconda
  • Pluffle
  • Kerfluffle
  • Pajantom
So, these are a mix of found and edited sound effects (the Embirch line notably contains a "flare" explosion sound in each cry that I tracked down from memory; it was in a 20-year-old Thomas the Tank Engine episode!), foley work (both my own voice [or saliva, in the case of Mollux] and my late dog Maxwell's squeaky toys), and processed tones (the Rebble and its evolutions). I tried to make them sound as authentically "Pokémon-esque" and Showdown-worthy as possible. :)

Feedback is appreciated! I'm happy with most of these, but I'm open to constructive criticism.
Dude, I absolutely love what you've done here. You've pretty much imitated the recent Pokemon cry style (I'd say its very BW style) down to a tee, and just hearing this reminded me of when I was a giddy ol lad hearing a compilation of all BW cries!!
As for crits, I think Fidgit's cry is a bit too low pitched, but I enjoy the sound that sort of gives the feel its a multi limbed being. The opposite might go for Kerf, who I feel is a bit too high-pitched. I've joked about this to a lot of people but it'd be amazing If Kerf's cry had a "punching a pillow" sfx on it.
Besides that though, my favorites are def the Pyroak and Stratagem lines, and Pajantom, who as the guy who designed it I can say you nailed very well! Good job!!

Dude, I absolutely love what you've done here.
Well, thank you kindly!

You've pretty much imitated the recent Pokemon cry style (I'd say its very BW style) down to a tee, and just hearing this reminded me of when I was a giddy ol lad hearing a compilation of all BW cries!!
You flatter me. It's not terribly hard. I'm just glad they're not a collection of electronic tones anymore. Those are the hardest to get to sound right.

As for crits, I think Fidgit's cry is a bit too low pitched, but I enjoy the sound that sort of gives the feel its a multi limbed being.
Now, I do agree there. Admittedly, Fidgit was a last-minute addition; very spur-of-the-moment.

The opposite might go for Kerf, who I feel is a bit too high-pitched. I've joked about this to a lot of people but it'd be amazing If Kerf's cry had a "punching a pillow" sfx on it.
See, I rather like it in a perverse sort of "anime Bewear" kind of way? This big bruiser has no right to be making a noise this high-pitched, but it does and that's really unnerving. (That, and any deeper would make it sound just plain awkward.) In-universe, I imagine its noises are like a koala: it either sounds sweet-but-annoyed like a granny pitching a fit (or an abusive squeaky toy in this case), or like a demon summoned directly from the ninth circle of Hell.

Besides that though, my favorites are def the Pyroak and Stratagem lines, and Pajantom, who as the guy who designed it I can say you nailed very well! Good job!!
Thank you so much! To have, essentially, the creator's blessing is such a lovely thing. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

They should make those official
Thank you!

So, working on some more here. Through happy accidents in editing, the noise of a pit bull pup who lost his voice somehow turned into cries for Syclar, Syclant, Nohface, and Kitsunoh. Yeah, I dunno, either. I'm gonna try to get some more going before I post again, though.

UPDATE: Just did an updated version of Fidgit's cry. Uploading it to the playlist presently.

FURTHER UPDATE: Cries for Syclar, Syclant, Revenankh, Privatyke, Arghonaut, Nohface, Kitsunoh, Protowatt, and Krilowatt are now on the playlist.

Last edited:

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
  • Embirch
  • Flarelm
  • Pyroak
  • Breezi
  • Fidgit
  • Rebble
  • Tactite
  • Stratagem
  • Brattler
  • Malaconda
  • Pluffle
  • Kerfluffle
  • Pajantom

Pluffle and Pajantom ones are honestly really really good! Well, all of them are great but those two are easily my favorites, keep the great work!

• Embirch
  • Flarelm
  • Pyroak
  • Breezi
  • Fidgit
  • Rebble
  • Tactite
  • Stratagem
  • Brattler
  • Malaconda
  • Pluffle
  • Kerfluffle
  • Pajantom

Oh wow these are actually fantastic, like genuinely on par with gamefreak cries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)