[CAP ASB] CAP Updates for 5th Gen ASB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flarelm was the generally accepted name for Pyroak's mid evo, I think? Was used in the cap game, and even has Doug's seal of approval! Oh, and art for Oak's three stages.
From what I can remember:

• Syclar (which is terrible) > Syclant
  • Revenankh (never had a pre-evo)
  • Embirch > Flarelm > Pyroak
  • Breezi (Poison/Flying, evolves with Iron Ball equipped) > Fidgit
  • Rebble > Bolderdash > Stratagem
There was also a pre-evo for Arghonaut but Cartoons' is better anyway.

EDIT: More stuff (including OPINIONS):
  • Kitsunoh had a pre-evo named "Bonkit" in the CAP game, but the Scout jokes have gotten a bit old and I like the idea behind Nohface anyway
  • Wyv's Cyclohm family is spot-on
  • Colossoil never seemed like the type of Pokémon to only evolve once. Maybe Water > Dark/Water > Dark/Ground?
  • Conversely, Krillowatt seems to be the Pokémon that would evolve only once, if at all; it's tiny
  • Voodoll/Voodoom are a-OK (going by Doug's art Voodoll has to be Normal/Dark)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
From what I can remember:

• Syclar (which is terrible) > Syclant
  • Revenankh (never had a pre-evo)
  • Embirch > Flarelm > Pyroak
  • Breezi (Poison/Flying, evolves with Iron Ball equipped) > Fidgit
  • Rebble > Bolderdash > Stratagem
There was also a pre-evo for Arghonaut but Cartoons' is better anyway.

EDIT: More stuff (including OPINIONS):
  • Kitsunoh had a pre-evo named "Bonkit" in the CAP game, but the Scout jokes have gotten a bit old and I like the idea behind Nohface anyway
  • Wyv's Cyclohm family is spot-on
  • Colossoil never seemed like the type of Pokémon to only evolve once. Maybe Water > Dark/Water > Dark/Ground?
  • Conversely, Krillowatt seems to be the Pokémon that would evolve only once, if at all; it's tiny
  • Voodoll/Voodoom are a-OK (going by Doug's art Voodoll has to be Normal/Dark)
Sounds familiar, although I'd argue a few points:

Collosoil's BST is 565, it's closest counterpart is Aaekosu at 567, so it seemed logical to only have one pre-evolution.

Same with Arghonaut's 555, which matches Arcanine.

I agree Krill is kinda small, but there are a few mons that stay in the same general range, and the fairies in general never get that big.

Changing Flamaple to Flarelm. Movepools up by tonight, then I probably won't do any more prevos. The are 17 moves beginning with S ready and waiting.

EDIT: Done I guess.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was hoping to go in a different direction with the Nohface sprite personally, mainly due to flavor reasons. Also, I meant to remove Metal Claw but was just... kinda lazy, I guess.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm actually more inclined to the second, though Az's suggestion of a gender difference is a great idea.

BTW, here's a concept art for Krilowatt Prevo 1 (yes, I made it and can revamp it):

This idea, based (loosely) on a Nauplius (technical name for the first stage [not counting the eggs] of a crustacean's life cycle), is basically just an idea I had from a while ago.

Also, direct comparison (note that "Plicowatt" is smaller than this compared to Krillowatt):

Secondly: Krillowatt levelup update: (BTW, how about Shell Armor for a DW ability?)

- Ice Shard
– Bubble
– Charge
- ThunderShock
- Confuse Ray
5. ThunderShock
11. Confuse Ray
17. Imprison
24. Mirror Coat
28. Bubblebeam
33. Shock Wave (added for STAB and more consistent damage progression if this was the actual games)
39. Counter
44. Copycat
46. Heart Swap
51. Wild Bolt (for STAB, also a fairly obvious flavor move)
57. Discharge
63. Guillotine
68. Thunder
71. Muddy Water
75. Zap Cannon (BATCAP)
80. Hydro Pump (Gets increased distribution in Gen V I think-besides, Krilowatt is no longer nearly such a good Utility Counter this gen thanks to the likes of Nattorei and Doryuuzu-may as well buff its other role, being a bulky Magic Guard+LO abuser and using its superior typing, bulk, and speed to give it a role Reuniclus can't as easily claim)

It's a cute concept, but you don't need to worry about Krilowatt's role; the Gen 4 CAPs won't be used in any official ladders.

Here is a first draft for Rev:

Dream World Ability: Mummy (By far the best one flavor-wise, and offers little competition to Shed Skin which is kinda ok IMO, although I guess it's superior to Mold Breaker)

Level-Up Moves
- Wrap
- Bide
5 Sand Tomb
9 Wring Out
13 Rock Tomb
18 Arm Thrust
23 Mean Look
26 Glare
29 Shadow Punch
33 Revenge
38 Power Whip
44 Hammer Arm
52 Punishment
62 Moonlight
74 Superpower

TMs&HMs
TM06 Toxic
TM08 Bulk Up
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM19 Telekinesis (Pretty much all Ghost Pokémon get it)
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Knock Down (Out of the Fighting Pokémon, the only ones which do not get it are light ones like the Hitmons, Blaziken, Infernape and Kojondo. Machamp, Hariyama, Roopushin, Heracross etc all get it. I figured Rev fits in too)
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM47 Ankle Sweep (almost all Fighting types - bar Heracross and the legendary trio of V generation - learn it. I think Rev should learn this too)
TM48 Sing A Round (All Pokémon learn it)
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM63 Embargo
TM66 Payback
TM67 Vengeance (Many Fighting Pokémon already get it, and Rev seems "vengeful" enough)
TM68 Giga Impact
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Level Ground (again, most Fighting Pokémon get it, and it suits Rev too)
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Cheer Up (most Fighting Pokémon get it, etc)
TM85 Dream Eater
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash (replaces the HM)
HM04 Strength

TMs Revenankh no longer gets:
- Focus Punch: replaced with Claw Sharpen, which Revenankh does not seem eligible for
- Secret Power: replaced with Nitro Charge, which obviously Rev does not get
- Endure: replaced with Freefall, which does not fit Rev in the least
- Drain Punch: replaced with Postpone, which I don't think Rev should get
- Captivate: replaced with Level Ground
- Sleep Talk: replaced with Dragon Tail... no comment on this one, really
- Natural Gift: replaced with Cheer Up

Egg Moves

Shadow Sneak
Curse
Mach Punch
Memento
Destiny Bond
Ominous Wind
Nasty Plot
Force Palm
Drain Punch
Wide Guard

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's it. I tried to not add competitively worthy moves anywhere but in TMs (where I only added gen V moves anyway). Feel free to comment and suggest

BTW, here's a concept art for Krilowatt Prevo 1 (yes, I made it and can revamp it):

This idea, based (loosely) on a Nauplius (technical name for the first stage [not counting the eggs] of a crustacean's life cycle), is basically just an idea I had from a while ago.
It's cute. I'll make a sprite of it if no one has any objections.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm actually more inclined to the second, though Az's suggestion of a gender difference is a great idea.
i made my posts when the latter was the second one, haha

still definitely preferring the second and its colours

@Zarator: Looking good, just remember that once we figure out what the prevo looks like you may have to remove some of those egg moves.

I'll take a shot at Arghonaut

Arghonaut's Pre-evo: Privatyke
Ability: Unaware
Dream World Ability: Lightning Rod
Evolves into Arghonaut at Level 32

Privatyke's Stats: 70/75/85/30/65/30

HP: 100%
Atk: **
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: **
Spe: 30
With the exception of Privatyke's Defense and speed, all of his stats are simply 35 points below Arghonaut's.

Privatyke Movepool:
Level-Up:
0: Yawn
0: Bubble
7: Smokescreen
10: Constrict
16: Aqua Jet
21: Wrap
27: BubbleBeam
32: Slash
36: Brine
40: Helping Hand
44: Hydro Pump
51: Wring Out

TM & HM: Coming Soon
Tutor Moves: Coming Soon

Arghonaut

Ability: Unaware
Dream World Ability: Iron Fist

Level-Up:
Heart Scale: Cross Chop
0: Yawn
0: Bubble
7: Smokescreen
10: Constrict
16: Aqua Jet
21: Wrap
27: BubbleBeam
32: Revenge
37: Taunt
44: Submission
48: Thief
55: Brine
60: Punishment
67: Wring Out

TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM12: Taunt
TM13: Ice Beam
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM23: Knock Down
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Return
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM34: Sludge Wave
TM36: Sludge Bomb
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM47: Ankle Sweep
TM48: Sing A Round
TM49: Echo Voice
TM52: Focus Blast
TM55: Boiling Water
TM56: Fling
TM60: Postpone
TM63: Embargo
TM68: Giga Impact
TM71: Stone Edge
TM78: Level Ground
TM80: Rock Slide
TM83: Cheer Up
TM84: Poison Jab
TM87: Swagger
TM90: Substitute
TM94: Rock Smash
TM95: Bark Out
HM01: Cut
HM03: Surf
HM04: Strength
HM05: Waterfall
HM06: Dive

-Submersion
-Recover
-Bulk Up
-Octozooka
-Wide Guard
-Fast Guard
-Sand Attack
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch

The most notable illegal egg-move combination is Recover and Drain Punch. I'll post a much more detailed list of legal and illegal move combo's later.
I've updated with a new name (Thanks to Seven Deadly Sins) and evolution method for Argho's Pre-evo, added Level Up movepools for them both, and gave Arghonaut his 5th Gen TM's and HM's. I'll update Privatyke's movepool with TM's, HM's, and Tutor Moves later.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Also, direct comparison (note that "Plicowatt" is smaller than this compared to Krillowatt):

Secondly: Krillowatt levelup update: (BTW, how about Shell Armor for a DW ability?)

- Ice Shard
– Bubble
– Charge
- ThunderShock
- Confuse Ray
5. ThunderShock
11. Confuse Ray
17. Imprison
24. Mirror Coat
28. Bubblebeam
33. Shock Wave (added for STAB and more consistent damage progression if this was the actual games)
39. Counter
44. Copycat
46. Heart Swap
51. Wild Bolt (for STAB, also a fairly obvious flavor move)
57. Discharge
63. Guillotine
68. Thunder
71. Muddy Water
75. Zap Cannon (BATCAP)
80. Hydro Pump (Gets increased distribution in Gen V I think-besides, Krilowatt is no longer nearly such a good Utility Counter this gen thanks to the likes of Nattorei and Doryuuzu-may as well buff its other role, being a bulky Magic Guard+LO abuser and using its superior typing, bulk, and speed to give it a role Reuniclus can't as easily claim)
Woah there. That Level-up Movepool is way too insane. This is Krill's current Levl-up movpool:

0 Ice Shard
0 Bubble
0 Charge
5 Thundershock
11 Confuse Ray
17 Imprison
19 Aqua Jet
24 Mirror Coat
28 Bubblebeam
33 Counter
39 Copycat
46 Heart Swap
51 Discharge
57 Guillotine
63 Thunder
68 Muddy Water

This is already pretty large, it doesn't need more moves. My recommendations:

Move Muddy Water to Egg Moves and make level 68 Hydro Pump, then replace Thunder with Zap Cannon. No more moves need to be added, Krill already has a pretty big list as it is. For the prevos remove Ice Shard and maybe a different move over Guillotine (Shock Wave works). Shell Armor is fine for a DW ability.

The Other Doug:

Privatyke movepool looks fine, although I think Lightningrod is a bit suspect for a DW ability, salutations or no. I think Klutz would be pretty funny ability. Lightningrod is just a bit too out there conceptually.

Also with the numbers you gave it...

Correction said:
Privatyke's Stats: 70/75/85/30/65/30

Atk: ***
SpD: ***
Spe: 30
This seems like a bit too much to start. Here's my recommendarion:

Privatyke's Stats: 90/70/75/30/50/35

Atk: ***
SpD: **
Spe: 35

The way I see it, poor Privatyke is always being smacked around by Arghonaut, so it's got High HP and pretty good Defense, but it suffered some serious noggin damage, so it's special stats aren't great. It also just sort of runs around aimlessly (but not swifty) like Mr. Smee in Peter Pan. Statistically speaking this adds up to 350 BST, the same as Growlithe, whose evolution Arcanine has 555 BST just like Arghonaut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)