Tournament CAP + Almost Any Ability (CAAAP) - Finals [Won by Atha]

Garrett

Banned deucer.
Starting in Round 4 (next round), the Persistent ability will be banned. Trick Room has proven to be extremely difficult to handle with an extension of its turns. I will post the challenge code later, because first we will address Kerfuffle.

Remember, none of these are official tiering decisions for CAAAP. Therefore, I think it's most fair to ask the remaining players whether they would like Kerfuffle banned in future rounds. Their small vote here is not an end-all decision for the future necessarily.

1.) Winner of MagearnaTheBoss vs  JayHeaven
2.) The Dragon Master
3.) Winner of D2TheW  vs  spoo
4.) Zetalz
5.) Atha
6.) Amamama

If you're on the list, please post here something along the lines of "KERFUFFLE: BAN" or "KERFUFFLE: NO BAN." In the case of a tie, Tadasuke will be the deciding vote because he approved the tour and I'm biased towards banning.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
KERFLUFFLE: BAN

I don't think kerf is as oppressive as previous bans but given the stage the tour is at I'm fine with cutting it just for the sake of making building less of a hassle than it already is.

Last edited:

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Yo yo yo whatup we got round 4 droppin
(d2 and I are taking an extension, we'll probably play tomorrow)

Round 4
Amamama  vs  JayHeaven
Zetalz  vs  (spoo vs D2TheW)
Atha  vs  The Dragon Master

persistent is banned as basedwhat said, and despite a majority not being reached yet, we'll be banning kerf in the interest of r4 going up on time; 3/3 votes so far are in favor of banning it anyways

updated challenge code:
/challenge Almost Any Ability@@@ +CAP, -Cawmodore, -Chromera, -Necturna, -Persistent, -Kerfluffle

Deadline: July 4, 12:00 AM GMT -4.

Won against the dragon master in not so good of a series, sry about the misses
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1609598408
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8almostanyability-1609606155

I wouldn't be confident in a Kerf ban in such an unsettled meta. Persistent was obviously ridiculous, like Chromera and Nect, but Kerf ? Still walled by a good amount of Regenvesters, + banning it and not banning Voodoom, which is significantly stronger and has NP, idk. Maybe both are broken, but the meta's probably fine with them imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)