CAP 9 Prevo - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Colossoil's shiny sprites, for reference:

You have one week (168 hours) to make your final submissions!

--

Design by Slapperfish:

-----

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites:

Final Submission

My idea behind this one was mirroring Colossoil's shiny with the black and purple while also adding gold to emphasize its rarity as a shiny.

Last edited:

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Colossoil_Prevo_Sprite_shiny.png

Similar to Darq's palette philosophy, I decided to carry over Colossoil's shiny colors, instead using the light grey of the drills for the belly to give it a more Orca-like appearance.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Colosshale lives on! Its my first shiny sub and not an original palette, but it was inspired by the old design for Colossoil's prevo.

Last edited:
What do you guys use to swap palette colors? I want to submit for this.
i just use paint tool sai, try to copy the original color pallette so i can be sure of how many colors i should use, and i just paint over the original sprite, its quite fun actually, i recommend you to try it

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Dorsoil Shiny.png

A rather simple palette change based on the Amazon River Dolphin and Hong Kong Pink Humpback Dolphin that Dorsoil reminds me of. Similarly I think pink is a nice transition into Colossoil's purple accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)