CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 9 (Ability Poll 1)

Should this have a gender?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just because the Topic Leader is human does not mean we should ignore events like this where part of the community is utterly ignored at the discretion of a single person who simply had the privilege to be chosen as the overseer of the process.

Perhaps we should consider changes in the process for the future to prevent events like this, such as by declaring that any ability with a certain amount of nominators makes it to the poll.

Alas for Adaptability...
After my run as TL is over, I probably will make a PR thread about this, among other issues that need to be addressed.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Levitate
Sniper

Side Poll 2: No

Levitate makes the most sense as in the art it does appear to be floating, plus a levitating rock would eliminate that weakness to ground which is very handy. Sniper would just be awesome for hax.

The time to say that was in the thread. If you had all given me large posts on why it should have made the poll, then I would have added it.
You totally cannot say that.

Totally supporting Tinted Lens lol.

That shit would rock the metagame.

I love it.
I've come up with a really cool way of looking at Tinted Lens.

Most special sweepers have some sort of boosting move, right? Like Syclant, Azelf, and Porygon-Z ... They all have Tail Glow/Nasty Plot. Failing that, (Alakazam, Jirachi, Mismagius,) they at least have Calm Mind. But with this thing being decidedly un-Psychic type, I don't really think that those moves would be appropriate, and besides, I've heard many people mention that this thing probably won't be getting any boosting moves (besides Agility / Rock Polish). In a sense, it would only "Break the Mold" even more: For how many Special sweepers get by without even boosting their Special Attack first?

So if it's not getting those moves, what's it going to use in place of them? What Tinted Lens does is double the power of moves ... on Pokemon that are resistant to them. What is the purpose of a boosting move but to make sure every single one of your moves counts, and gets a OHKO? Well, Tinted Lens, in a sense, would do just that. It would stand in the place, in a sense, of boosting moves, and help this thing tear up the metagame in as sick of a moldbreaking way as possible.

And people have already said why Technician would be awesome. Thusly, I am in full support of a Technician / Tinted Lens ticket. :D
VERSUS:

Intimidate - It scares. :D

Frisk - To See Foe's items.

Levitate - YourGrandDead's Design would make sense for it.

Rough Skin - Those sharp things could have the Foe hurt.
I mean, come on. Large posts, my ass. Gimme a break.

Probably less broken because it is not 100% accurate.

Just because the Topic Leader is human does not mean we should ignore events like this where part of the community is utterly ignored at the discretion of a single person who simply had the privilege to be chosen as the overseer of the process.

Perhaps we should consider changes in the process for the future to prevent events like this, such as by declaring that any ability with a certain amount of nominators makes it to the poll.

Alas for Adaptability...
Really, I'm sorry the ability you supported didn't make it. I'm not claiming my judgment to be perfect. I'm not saying I was completely right for leaving them off. What's important now is that I did leave them off, and gave you a list to pick from. Next time, I'll show my list during the discussion thread to make sure I didn't leave any out.
To put up the list in the discussion thread would probobly be great because then you could discuss if it missed something important.
I thought because Adaptibility was so discussed it would certainly get into the poll. Thats why I didn't make any big post for it, also because then I wasn't sure of what ability I wanted on this CAP, but I knew that adaptibility was one of my top ones.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Moaning about the fact that your ability didn't make it onto list really doesn't help this thread at all. Tennisace, the TL, has made a decision. Just stick to that whether you like it or not and vote from the abilities that he has posted.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You totally cannot say that.
Can too. Oh look, I already did. I considered Intimidate to have more support because of all the people highlighting it and saying "yeah this fits, its pretty good." I appreciate the effort put into those posts, but chill out man. I made a decision. I'm sorry you don't LIKE the decision. But it was completely within my rights to make the decision.

Moaning about the fact that your ability didn't make it onto list really doesn't help this thread at all. Tennisace, the TL, has made a decision. Just stick to that whether you like it or not and vote from the abilities that he has posted.
Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot that the main point of this post was to say poll's closed, and I'm tallying votes now.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, I've done a tally of all the votes, using the 1st vote=2 points 2nd vote=1 point principle. The results are as follows:

Levitate: 126
Technician: 96
Aftermath: 51
Limber: 37
Sniper: 26
Mold Breaker: 15
Rough Skin: 13
Clear Body: 7
Pressure: 4
Inner Focus: 4
Intimidate: 2

Hope that helps TL. Just something to look at once you're done tallying. I'm going to do a count of the Yes/No Move poll.

tennisace

Yeah you didn't notice the whole "Don't post tallies" while tallying? I could have sworn I posted it. But thanks anyways. Next time just PM it.

Here's the OFFICIAL tally:

Levitate- 135
Technician- 98
Aftermath- 53
Limber- 39
Mold Breaker- 15
Rough Skin- 11
---------------

Clear Body- 7
Sniper- 6
Inner Focus- 4
Pressure- 3
Intimidate- 2

Y- 83
N- 40

The top 6 will move on to a clicky poll, then the top two. Also, we officially have the option of a new move. Whether or not we actually make one is for the movepool thread. Also, this Pokemon is genderless, so no egg moves for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)