CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 4 (Style Bias Poll 2)

What should the Offensive/Defensive Balance be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

As you can see, this thing has some special tankiness to it, and yet retains a very offensive spread.

Offensive.

Also, I wholly advocate an overblown SpA stat and simply limiting the amount of high Base Power attacks it gets, as you can see.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

As you can see, this thing has some special tankiness to it, and yet retains a very offensive spread.

Offensive.

Also, I wholly advocate an overblown SpA stat and simply limiting the amount of high Base Power attacks it gets, as you can see.
Look at my stat spread in the base stat submissions thread for an example of a balanced Pokemon having awesome special sweepiness.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can't say you're taking the average of a VERY small subset of data. Also, Aero is UU. Shuckle is UU. So if you want to use OU, you have TTar. If you want to even extend it to BL, you only have Rampardos, Regirock, and Rhyperior. Thats high attack, low speed across the board, and decent defense. If you wish to include Aero/Shuckle, you need to include all of UU Rocks. I can say that between Poliwrath, Gyarados, Azumarill, Huntail, Quilfish, Relicanth, Swampert, Bibarel, and Sharpedo that all waters are Physical with decent speed in proportion to their stats. Thats obviously not true.
Tennis, I know that now balanced has little or no chance, but I must point out why this post inaccurate:
I took the 7 most used rock Pokemon in OU (not top 7 OUs, the top 5 that are used in OU). Only one was a true wall (Shuckle) one was pretty much a wall, albeit with 100 Base Attack (Regirock), 2 were glass cannon type sweeper (Aero, Rampa), 2 were bulky sweepers (Tar and Rhy).

I took a "small subset of data" but it was the most relivent subset of data by far.

And to this:
If you want to even extend it to BL, you only have Rampardos, Regirock, and Rhyperior. Thats high attack, low speed across the board, and decent defense. If you wish to include Aero/Shuckle, you need to include all of UU Rocks.
No. I do not need to include Pokemon by tier in the way you suggested. In OU some UUs are used far more than some BLs (Aerodactyl, a UU, is used more than 4 times as much as Rampardos, a BL. There are many other examples).

If you count all Rocks you will get a less clear picture of Rock's steriotype in OU than if you take a look that takes useage into account like my one did.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
If you count all Rocks you will get a less clear picture of Rock's steriotype in OU than if you take a look that takes useage into account like my one did.
When was the concept changed to "Breaking the Mold in OU only"?

Also, Offensive won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)