CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 2 (Primary Typing Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't really see the practicality of giving one Pokemon crap attack thats unusable and 10 more stats into spatk just because it fits the Smogon moderator ideas of what hasn't been done yet.
Okay, so presumably you don't use Blissey because it has incredible SpD but crap Def, or you don't use Gengar because it has incredible SpA but crap Atk, or you don't use Skarmory because it has incredible Def but crap SpD, or you don't use Gyarados because it has incredible Atk but crap SpA.

If your point, however, is "Fighting Pokemon should have a great Atk stat", then you've obviously haven't understood what breaking the mold means. Yeah, all Fighting Pokemon have a great Atk stat... which is precisely why I'm suggesting to go against that and make one with crap Atk and great SpA!

When all has been said and done, though, it's not like I'm defending a type that's been voted all that much anyway. When I see what people have voted so far, I see Electric and Rock being mentioned much more than Fighting. So what are you saying exactly? That I want this Pokemon to be Fighting-type at all costs? Lol. If you don't know, I've been voting here regularly since Revenankh and my suggestions and votes here have almost always lost. (Me suggesting Fighting in this poll will probably be another addition to my long list of 'failures'.) I suggested a new move that very few people wanted it. I suggested removing certain moves from a few existing Pokemon's movepools, and people didn't want to (even though I still believe to this day that this measure would benefit CAP). I suggested many other things here that I don't remember and that lost. But the very fact that I barely remember what they are means that I took most of the adverse votes in my stride and moved on.

I'm not one that manipulates votes, for sure. Maybe you said that because you envy me, I don't know, but seriously I'm flabbergasted by such a comment.

Walling dark type = drapion, and making a new special sweeper isn't breaking the mold

1. Electric
2. Rock

I would want an Electric wall, as you said before, preferably mono electric type though, with levitate or magnet rise. My other type would be a special rock sweeper, for sure.

Most Dark types have either low Defenses (Absol, Houndoom, Sharpedo, Weavile, stop me any time) or a really bad Defensive typing (*cough*Tyranitar*cough*) and Weavile and Tyranitar are the only Dark types usable in OU. I'd like to see another in it.

Oh, and for someone who said making a new special sweeper wasn't breaking the mold, you suggested a special sweeper.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The poll is now closed. Don't change your votes anymore, don't bold them, its now too late. The votes will be tallied and edited in.

Also, to all you people whining about when this will close or my right to close them, I had a paper to do last night. So really, I don't want to hear anyone ask me when stuff like this will close. Just as a general disclaimer.

Most Dark types have either low Defenses (Absol, Houndoom, Sharpedo, Weavile, stop me any time) or a really bad Defensive typing (*cough*Tyranitar*cough*) and Weavile and Tyranitar are the only Dark types usable in OU. I'd like to see another in it.

Oh, and for someone who said making a new special sweeper wasn't breaking the mold, you suggested a special sweeper.
Yeah I'd also like to see a defensive dark type such as Tyranitar that offers something new to competitive battling as all the dark types in todays' metagame are too frail.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Final Tally:

Rock-108
Electric-95
Steel-56
Dragon-45
Fighting-41
------------
Grass-23
Dark-15
Fire-11
Psychic-8
Ghost-8
Ice-8
Water-7
Flying-7
Ground-6
Poison-6
Bug-5
Normal-4

The top 5 will move on to the next poll, which will be clicky. Special thanks to Wyverii, Flounder, and Plus. Without them, I would have been at this for hours XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)