CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 13 (Name Poll 1)

Which names should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow, didn't realize the rules changed that much; yes, I have read them. I also don't recall telling you to change any rules and processes; I just commented that it would be nice to be able to vote on a poll. And just to clarify, are you telling me that I was 'noobish' for making a suggestion to follow the same set-up as the previous poll?

Anyway, the 'no flaming' bit wasn't toward you or sunday, but toward everybody who is flipping out about not having their name represented and complaining about 'Fidget' and what not.
You started off your entire post by adopting the stance of the wisened sage, telling everyone to "calm down and think". Thanks for the tip, Confucious. I love seeing stuff like this from someone with 12 whole posts under their belt.

You then proceed to opine that "everyone" was caught off-guard by how the name pool was decided. No, this is actually completely and totally normal for the CAP project. YOU -- not everyone -- were not aware how our polls work. In your vast experience with the CAP project, which totals less than a month in length, how is it possible something like this could happen? Is it possible that you could STFU and just lurk for a while and see how things work? No, you choose to post to the entire world that you were caught by surprise by something that you have almost no experience with. Thanks for sharing.

Your entire post had an air of condescension -- we all know exactly what you are implying when you preface comments with sarcasm like "I know this is crazy" - like you are the only logical-thinking person in the room. You made comments as if you were speaking for the poor silent masses ("but honestly, not everyone has that much time to sit in front of the computer"). I think "everyone" can speak for themselves. And they certainly don't need some clueless new project member adopting the role of Senator.

I do not have any animosity to new project members. I welcome new members. I don't mind new project members posting in the forum. I encourage it. But, new members should not presume to comment on the mechanics of the creation process until they are very familiar with how the process works.

Like I said -- lurk more.

Go Doug the supermod! Anyways, Fidgit or Polypalm have the best chance to win. So get used to those names. xD

That's not necessarily true. Since this is a multiple vote there's no real telling who's the favourite here. The people voting Fidgit or Polypalm may have that down as a second or third preferred name under another and may all vote for another name later on.

This has been a pretty unpredictable project so far. I'm loving it. ;p

Well, I understand what you're saying but Polypalm and Fidgit will most likely be neck and neck. But anything can happen I suppose.

Don't forget when everybody bandwagoned on ground just to stop dragon from winning. Anything can happen if you can imagine it.

Okay i'll stop deluding myself now. xD Actully, I think Polypalm isn't a bad name at all for this but I do think that Harvesand is a better choice since it somehow manages to combine harvestman, hand and sand at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)