CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 12 (Complete Movepool Poll 2)

Whose Movepool should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm voting tennis because he hangs around this thread a lot. Plus, he REALLY wants to win.

Just kidding, it's because he has haze.

I truly wished I was here a few day ago. Why is having U-turn within it's movepool really that important? Another question is why Hyra and Deck-Knight having such crappy score compared to X-Act and Tennis? Am I missing something?

Tennis and Hyra's submission look almost the same in my eyes. Only different is the TM list and overall grouping of level-up moves. Neither one have any advantage over another and I haven't even talked about X-act. He seem to be winning atm because he better explained himself.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't like that X-Act's doesn't have Haze. Didn't like how Deck Knight's didn't have Knock Off. Didn't like how Hyra's didn't have Haze. Didn't like how Tennisace's didn't have Knock Off.

Haven't voted yet, I guess I'll decide with a bit more pitching of the respective ideas.

Strategies and the like are welcome.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wait mine doesn't have Knock Off? *goes to check*

Shit. I knew I forgot something, and now I don't think I have room for it.

I don't like that X-Act and Hyra's didn't have Haze.
Can I ask you a question....what are you going to use Haze on? I an see Lucario and Heracross, but every other Pokemon with stat-up moves can maul our eight legged friend into many small pieces with their stabbed and prorbably super effective moves. I don't see the logic within Haze + spider boy combo.

People see that the majority of what they want is in X-Acts and vote for it. People don't like X-Acts but are satisfied with Tennis's. Continue until you reach me....

And Aldaron, how is Roar that much different from Haze? The only stuff Haze is better on is Double Team (banned) or last Poke Curselax or Suicune, but this guy likes neither.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
O, I forgot that X-Act's doesn't have U-turn either, which is a HUGE issue for me.

I personally would love to pass Trick Room / Gravity / Tailwind / opponent's Encore with the "free switch" that U-turn provides since you know what your opponent is switching to (or not switching).

Man no U-turn is huge and I think Tennis and Deck Knight have U-turn.

Actually the Trick Room + U-turn strategy is perfect for a fast semi bulky guy like this, as he can Trick Room first turn without fear of being attacked (in case he is OHKOed) or Taunted and then U-turn, second since his speed will make him slower, to a Pokemon on the team.

Man I can't emphasize how huge a lack of U-turn is for me, and since I want to make a "meaningful" vote I think I am going to vote for Tennisace since the lack of Knock Off is less of an issue than the lack of U-turn.

With all the things this guy has to support the team, with the spider shape this guy has, U-turn seems to be a necessity both strategically and aesthetically =/

The thing it comes down to is this:

People want things, and after a while they begin to see that voting for anything but the first two competitors is a "wasted" vote (especially when they are so far ahead of the other two). If people see things coming down to two main competitors they will try to shape that as best as they possibly can, to at least say they affected it.

I'm sure DK and Hyra had excellent, well thought out movesets but the early game shaped the late game.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
People see that the majority of what they want is in X-Acts and vote for it. People don't like X-Acts but are satisfied with Tennis's. Continue until you reach me....

And Aldaron, how is Roar that much different from Haze? The only stuff Haze is better on is Double Team (banned) or last Poke Curselax or Suicune, but this guy likes neither.
Suicune this is useless against. Light Screen doesn't particularly help this.

I'd like to see what Curslax can do to a pokemon with Reflect. Curselax needs Earthquake to really threaten after its been Hazed. Curslax hasn't a shot in hell of beating Haze/Reflect/Wish/filler attack, which doesn't have much coverage, but does provide excellent team support (this pokemon's states purpose). I suppose Curslax could just Rest of damage, but if you've Hazed it and set up Reflect, you've done your job of nerfing last pokemon Curselax and can switch in any pokemon you think has a shot of taking it out.

Also, I should win this, but I only have 9 votes >_> Looks like since X-Act and Tennis are moving on, Tennis gets my default support.

I voted Hyra, but it looks like he's gonna lose, I wanted Ice Punch pretty badly, but I also wanted
Knock off, I don't know which one I want more, so I don't know who
to vote for in the next... (it's pretty apparent Hyra will lose, sorry :()

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll be perfectly honest: my lack of U-turn is not because I didn't want it to have it... it's because I forgot all about it!

Honestly, if people want U-turn, then they can have it. After all, it's just a TM, right? I really hope my movepool doesn't lose because of a lack of U-turn, because, really, it's a non-issue to just add U-turn to my TM list, and really it's just an oversight from my part. I just forgot to add it. Unlike the other submissions, they can't just add Knock Off, or Haze, or whatever, without altering their movepools more drastically, whereas I can add U-turn whenever I please. And if the community deem that U-turn is really important, then we can add it very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)