CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 10 (Support Moves Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
uturn, knock off, and rapid spin are considered attack moves because they do damage.
they will be discussed in the attack move poll, presumably.

Didn't Sunday say somewhere in the movepool discussion thread that they would be considered support moves? Did I imagine it?

EDIT: I either imagined it, or Sunday shadowninja-ishly deleted the post before anyone else besides me noticed. Or I am/am going insane.

EDIT2: ( response to post below me ) So then I honestly can't comprehend why people are opposing Encore + Block/SW as broken. Could someone explain? It seems fine to me, I genuinely don't see the problem. Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something. :S

EDIT: To those who oppose Encore + Block/Spider Web, don't the effects of trapping moves wear off as soon as the Pokémon switches? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is true, the opponent should be able to switch as soon as you've switched DLL out for a counter to the formerly trapped Pokémon.
Mean Look/Block/Spider Web said:
The target cannot switch out. The effect is lost when the user switches. Mean Look ignores all accuracy and evasion modifiers. Cannot prevent the target from escaping with Baton Pass, U-turn, or the item Shed Shell.
So yes, the effect of Block are lost when the user switches out.

Those are all in by default, this vote is just to ban controversial moves from prospective movepools.

Should the following moves be allowed to appear on movepool suggestions for our Pokemon? (Please note "yes" winning does not garuntee our Pokemon getting this move. Also you must answer all questions, and bold your answers.)

Wish - No- I don't see this thing getting Wish. But then again, I didn't expect Salamance to get it either...
Slack Off - No- Again, it doesn't seem like it could get this move.
Block/Spider Web - Yes (Block)- Block makes sense, with the whole eight arm thing going on. Where would he shoot the web?
Tailwind - No- An explanation can be found on basically every page of the previous thread. I think everyone know why or why not.
Gravity - Yes- Very imaginable, and a nice move I want to see more often.
Heal Block - No- Leave that to the likes of Cleffable and what not.
Yawn - No- Meh, I'm hesitant on this one. I'm leaning to no, but I wouldn't care if it was yes.

Can you use Rest when you have Vital Spirit?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wish - Yes/No - We need a decent Wisher since a lot of the special wishers got wiped out, plus it is a legit support move.

Slack Off - Yes/No - How helpful is a utility pokemon that always Slacks Off? That and we don't need to throw reliable 50% recovery on everything.

Block/Spider Web - Yes/No - Block + Encore takes two moves. Skarmory resists both Poison and Ground. If you Block in Skarmory, its lolrus time.

Tailwind - Yes/No - I'm pretty sure Tailwind is one of the main reasons we started this. It would be a good test o the metagame to see if 5 turn tailwind is overpowered. Besides, its a +1 Speed Boost, the scarriest abuser of it is probably Jolly Rampardos because it can now outspeed Gengar.

Gravity - Yes/No - Its in our concept, and it'd be cool to have a gravity user that isn't a) Uber or b) dies to Close Combat.

Heal Block - Yes/No - If this is affected by persistent, Blissey being unable to Softboiled for 7 turns would be pretty awesome.

Yawn - Yes/No - NO STATUS FOR YOU! (Except Toxic)

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Didn't Sunday say somewhere in the movepool discussion thread that they would be considered support moves? Did I imagine it?

EDIT: I either imagined it, or Sunday shadowninja-ishly deleted the post before anyone else besides me noticed. Or I am/am going insane.
You're not crazy, I most certainly did. Except nobody really debated U-Turn and the other two go without saying...

You're not crazy, I most certainly did. Except nobody really debated U-Turn and the other two go without saying...
Actually, a lot of people were debating U-Turn back in the movepool discussion thread. People were saying it didn't make sense due to flavour, others were saying it could, definitions and translations were flying about, "It can't fly"; "It can't glide"; "It's not a stretch if Ambipom gets it"; "Harvestman fact #56593", etc.

It was kind of a lot. You must have missed it all. It happened around pages 5-6. We never reached a conclusion. Oh well, I suppose. :/

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
That kind of debate I barely care for. What we should have been debating was "Does this overpower Trick Room, or make other TR users obselete?"
Oh well, I suppose. :/

People can always debate it in the next thread if they must.

Final Winners:
Wish
Block/Spider Web
Tailwind
Gravity
Heal Block

Yawn and Slack off have been banned from movepool submissions.

Opening the next poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)