CAP 31 - Part 14 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CAP 31 So Far

-----

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Smogon forums or Imgur). Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprites

Deadline

You have 96 hours (4 days) to make your final submissions!

WIP (1/3)
SaharajaShiny.png

Shiny takes inspiration from the Silk Road by taking up Chinese influences. It’s normal white attire is replaced with Red Silk, and it’s Gems take the form of Jade. It’s fur changes to a white & grey tone to better complement the new Clothing colors.
The original sprite had the clothing and gem use the same white, so in order to make this idea work, I treated them as two different colors in the color palette. If this is not allowed, please let me know

WIP (1/3)

CAP31-Shiny.png

Went for a subtle pink for the base and purple accents here, I think it looks pretty nice. It is also at this point that I noticed i didn't change the outline for the neck diamonds on the backsprite. :tyke:

Edit: Fixed some coloring issues and also made the diamonds more towards pink than purple.

WIP (2/3)

CAP31-Shiny-2.png

Saharaja Blast.

Last edited:
WIP 1
CAP31-Back - Banana.png

Went for sort of a banana theme with the yellow, brown and green.

WIP 2
CAP31-Back - Toothpaste.png

This one I call toothpaste, went cooler and almost minty

WIP 3
CAP31-Back - Ice Cream.png

Was aiming for ice cream with cherries on top! Probably my least favorite of the three but would love some feedback on which would be best to final sub.

Final Submission
CAP31-Back.png

This shiny Saharaja is acclimated to fluorite caves, so much so, that it shines like one of them. In his body it has large amounts of fluorine and calcium (CaF2= Fluorite Formula); Even under the right conditions, it can produce hydrofluoric acid.
Its gems, contrary to what might be supposed, are alexandrites (BeAl2O4), but in this case, as a consequence of a change in the chemical composition of the alexandrite due to fluorination, they have acquired a pink color.

PS: I'm a Spanish speaker and I use the translator in a large part of my messages here, so if there are spelling errors or incohesion of meaning, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)