CAP 31 - Part 13 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
WIP (1/3)

Bactrificent

Bactrian + magnificent

back-trihf-ih-cehnt

WIP (2/3)

Grandiamose

Grandiose + diamond

gran-dye-mohse

WIP (3/3)

Deurmound

Grandeur + mound

Intentional portmanteau of these words to sound like diamond.

dur-mauwnd

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP (3/3)

Camillion

A portmanteau of "camel" and "million"

Pronounced: "ca-MIL-lee-un"
IPA: [cæ'mɪliən]

did you know that CAP 31 was the first movie in history to sell one camillion tickets at the box office?

WIP 1/3

Camajhal

Camel (even-toed ungulates belonging to the suborder Tylopoda, known for their distinctive fatty humps) + Taj Mahal (famed Indian marble mausoleum built for Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to house his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal)

Pronounced: cam-MAHJ-hall

WIP 2/3

Bactrilliant

Bactrian (as in the variety of camel CAP 31 is inspired by) + Brilliant (used to describe some diamonds... and game remakes)

Pronounced: back-TRILL-ee-ent

WIP 3/3

Vizieriana

Vizier (a high official in some Muslim states, particularly the old Ottoman Empire) + Bactriana (another name for the historical Bactria region)

Pronounced: VIZ-EER-ee-AH-nuh

WIP 1/3

Alzarkutabah

Alzarkun (zircon in arabic) + Mutabah (ostentatious in arabic)

Zircon for its jewelry, and ostentatious as it displays excessive luxury and wealth.

WIP 2/3

Alzarkusrif

Alzarkun (zircon in arabic) + Musrif (lavish in arabic)

The same as the previous one but instead of ostentatious, lavish.

WIP 3/3

Mutasrimaq

Mutabah (ostentatious in arabic) + Musrif (lavish in arabic) + Munamaq (bombastic in arabic)

The three words have similar meanings, which have to do with the personality of CAP 31

WIP 1/3
Bactrultan

Bactrian, a camel with two large, vertical humps, and Sultan.

Back - truhl - tun

WIP 2/3
Diatriultan

Diamond + Bactrian + Sultan

Die - uh - tree - ult - in

Side note: I love that design :)

Last edited:

sun_dew

formerly JAGFL
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP (1/3)

Dromedome

Dromedary + Dome (domed roofs are prevalent in Middle Eastern architecture + referring to a camel's hump)

Pronounced: DRAH-maw-DOHM

A really simple name, but it has a nice ring to it.

WIP (2/3)

Bactriumph

Bactrian + Triumph (referencing wealth and status)

Pronounced: bak-TRY-umf

Another simple name that I like.

WIP (3/3)

Reservessel

Reserve (in reference to a stash of money + camels reserve fat in their humps) + Vessel (camels are often referred to as "ships of the desert")

Pronounced: REH-suhr-VEH-sol

I'm not as confident with this name as the others, but it's certainly my most creative of the three!

Final Submission

Humparumph

A combination of "Hump" + "Harumph".

Pronounced: "HUMP-a-RUMPH"
IPA: [hʌmp ə ɹʌmf]

Aside from the obvious connection of "Hump", "Harumph" is a phrase commonly used to pompously clear ones throat or show dissaproval. Considering this camels basis on royalty, as well as its "uptight" personality, I felt that this name was very fitting for this design. Harumph!

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Majestary

A combination of Majestic and Dromedary. Also sounds similar to Majesty.

Pronounced MA-jest-ary
IPA: məˈjesterē

The camel is very, very majestic with the hat and the diamond saddle, and while it isn't a dromedary exactly, we do be starved for camel words. It also nicely sounds similar to Majesty, cause the camel is very kingly.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Caliphump

"Caliph" + "Hump"

Pronouned: CAL-eh-fump
IPA: kæl-ɛ-fump

A Caliph is a regal and prestigious leader of the muslim world, very fitting of the look of nobility of cap 31. Hump was used as humps are one of (if not the) defining feature of camels and for 31 is especially true, with it's majestic gems being displayed proudly atop it's humps. Also it's really fun to say, 'fump' is a fun sound lol.

Final Submission

Devedhan

Combination of deve (turkish for camel) and dhan (hindi for wealth). I think this rolls off the tongue decently.

Pronounced De-vey-dhaan

Final Submission

Camamusa

“Camel” + “Mansa Musa”

Pronounced: “KA-muh-MOO-suh”

Takes inspiration after Mansa Musa, the rich King of the Mali Empire, known for his pilgrimage to Mecca. The Mansa has a sort of parallel to CAP 31, a wealthy, royal camel, an animal that is generally associated with travel across arid climates. Of those two drafts I had, I decided to go with this one, as a friend had commented on how the name itself acted like two humps on a camel, with its two emphasized syllables.

Final Submission

Camelotte

From "Camel" + "A lot", and "Camelot", King Arthur's castle, respelled for variation.

Pronounced: KAM-uhl-ot
IPA: kæməl:ɒt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)