Done CAP 30 should be a Framework CAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the change to multimon packs as well. Starters were exhausting, but stuff like counterpart mons and a few others can work nicely.

Proposing a slight edit. Bolded portions are my additions:

"It may include a maximum of 2 Pokemon/forms, which should share at least 1 of the exact same typing combinations, set of abilities, statlines, and full movepools, with the remaining stages having at least 2 heavy similarities (eg at least one shared typing, at least one shared ability, etc). If the Pokemon/forms share 2 or more stages completely, there is no requirement for the non-shared stages to be similar."

If they share 2 or more stages completely, I don't see the need for the additional requirement of heavy similarities.

Also going to throw out the opinion that, as a person who tends to take thing literally, it might be good to insert a clause about subjectivity somewhere, so that if someone has a framework that doesn't quite fit the rules but could be argued, they know that that door is open in the first place.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
with the remaining stages having at least 2 heavy similarities (eg at least one shared typing, at least one shared ability, etc)
I'm confused about this one - is it at least 2 heavy similarities amongst the 3 remaining stages? Or at least 2 heavy similarities within each of the 3 remaining stages? If we're going to impose this rule, it needs to be clearer what it means imo.

As far as whether or not I support the rule change, here's what's important to me.
This framework should not impose an undue burden upon the CAP creation process.
If we're confident that the loosened rule will still not impose a burden upon the TLT and community, I'm ok with it personally.

Alright, after all the feedback, the CAP mod team has agreed to modify the point about burdening the process:
This framework should not impose an undue burden upon the CAP creation process. Any framework should not require a substantial amount of effort and time beyond that of a standard CAP. It may include a maximum of 2 Pokemon/forms, which should share at least 1 of the exact same typing combinations, set of abilities, statlines, and full movepools, and among the remaining 3 stages, at least 2 should have heavy similarities (eg at least one shared typing, at least one shared ability, etc). If the Pokemon/forms share 2 or more stages completely, there is no requirement for the non-shared stages to be similar.
This change should allow for more flexibility for submitted frameworks while still maintaining a reasonable scope. The Framework Submission thread should open very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)