CAP 30 - Part 17 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

Venomicon
, the Spellbook Pokemon

Sword: Its pages contain wicked spells of every element. The only way to defeat one is to set its pages aflame.

Shield: The scripts inside this wicked book Pokemon gave a ninja family the knowledge to create Toxic over 400 years ago.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
It writes new information constantly - it is believed to have over 30,000 pages! The forbidden knowledge within these pages eat away at one's soul.

Shield: The ink in its vial is highly acidic and melts through most things. However, it cannot melt through fertilised eggs.

The shield base form entry is based on what Koga says are the origins of Toxic. I thought it was a cool idea to link back to that.

I was trying to come up with something that its acid couldn't melt through that would be weird and give it some odd lore. Teflon is kind of a placeholder.

For the sword Epilogue version, I wanted to give it tons of pages. I wanted them to do something bad when you read them, the soul thing is cliche, so i'll probably change it to something poison related.

I liked the lore part that it has a kryptonite-related thing to Fire. Even though it doesn't have a type weakness to fire, the Dex doesn't really have to be super accurate, does it?

Last edited:
Shield: The scripts inside this wicked book Pokemon gave the ninjas the knowledge to create Toxic over 400 years ago.
I like the reference to Koga. I don't think "the" in "the ninjas" is necessary, although I don't think it's necessarily wrong grammatically.

Sword: The ink writes pages constantly - It is believed to have over 30,000! The forbidden knowledge within these pages eat away at one's soul.
The wording of the first sentence is a bit weird. Is the ink sentient and the one actually doing the writing, as opposed to the pen nib/eye thing in the vial? If the intent to is communicate that the ink is sentient, I feel like it might be worth making that more clear. Also, I assume the 30,000 is supposed to refer to pages, but that's not completely clear, either.

WIP

Venomicon
, the Cryptic Pokemon

Sword: Venomicon records information about its surroundings by writing in its pages. Nothing else can understand what it writes.

Shield: This Pokemon sleeps on old bookshelves. It will spray its ink on any who tries to disturb its slumber.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
The Vile Vial has corrupted the information that Venomicon had stored, making it rampage. It doesn't stop until it runs out of ink.

Shield: Venomicon gets so angry that its ink starts boiling. This makes it burn itself, making it angrier.

I like the reference to Koga. I don't think "the" in "the ninjas" is necessary, although I don't think it's necessarily wrong grammatically.

The wording of the first sentence is a bit weird. Is the ink sentient and the one actually doing the writing, as opposed to the pen nib/eye thing in the vial? If the intent to is communicate that the ink is sentient, I feel like it might be worth making that more clear. Also, I assume the 30,000 is supposed to refer to pages, but that's not completely clear, either.
I edited both to make them more clear and also strengthen the link to Koga a tiny bit.

Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Nib Pokémon

Sword: It covers each book it uses with a goopy, poisonous ink. The ink hardens with repeated blows, protecting both the book and the Pokémon from harm.

Shield: Venomicon will carefully study everything in its book before moving to a new one. It seems to be seeking a long-lost spell.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword
: The ink from the vial mixing with Venomicon's natural ink causes a strange reaction. The resulting magic sharpens the pages of its book to a razor edge.

Shield: The vial impedes its ability to cast spells, causing it to wildly fly around in confusion. A skilled trainer can teach it to control itself, though.

I also want to remind people that there is supposed to be two blank lines between the Prologue form's Shield Entry and "Venomicon-Epilogue" (see the OP for how this is supposed to look). Most people's WIPs don't have this, so make sure to add this in when final subbing.

Final Submission

Venomicon,
the Spellbook Pokémon

Sword: By writing on itself with poisonous ink, it can conjure a wide variety of attacks. Strangely, its ink cannot produce the same effect on normal parchment.

Shield: A powerful enchantment protects it, allowing it to take multiple blows. Researchers believe this is why it has survived for over 500 years.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
An excess of strange ink has given Venomicon magically enhanced vision, but has also broken its spine, forcing it to fold itself up until it can fix it.

Shield: Its mind is linked to the writing on it. It's believed that the ink flooding its pages temporarily warps its memory, causing it to fly into a mindless rage.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Spellbook Pokemon

Sword: Its pages contain wicked spells of every element. The only way to defeat one is to set its pages aflame.

Shield: The scripts inside this wicked book Pokemon gave a ninja family the knowledge to create Toxic over 400 years ago.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
It writes new information constantly - it is believed to have over 30,000 pages! The forbidden knowledge within these pages eat away at one's soul.

Shield: The ink in its vial is highly acidic and melts through most things. However, it cannot melt through fertilised eggs.

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Written Word Pokémon

Sword: It's said to chronicle the details of a 30th anniversary, but the text written in its pages has been marred by illegible ink.

Shield: A virulent ink runs through its body like blood, animating its pages like flesh and muscle. This grants it the power of flight.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
Its gaze was corrupted by the concentrated toxins of its original inkwell, and it now regards all it sees as targets for elimination.

Shield: While its manuscript was being translated, cursed ink was spilled all over its pages. Only one word remains legible: "destroy".

Last edited:
Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Eldritch Pokémon

Sword: An animated grimore from a bygone era, it manifests ancient black magic to dissuade attackers before soaring away.

Shield: Brought to life by the knowledge hidden within its pages, it strengthens itself against anyone that means it harm.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
The Vile Vial that helped bring it to life suppresses its mystical capabilities, forcing it to resort to more primitive attacks.

Shield: It suffers from constant agony by the corrosive ink that withers its sight, a sensation it shares gladly to Voodoll.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Venomicon,
the Grim Pages Pokemon

Sword: Venomicon is said to have been written by an insane man. One day, that man simply vanished without leaving any trace.

Shield: This cursed book has withstood all attempts to destroy it. It seems to multiply rapidly, which has made it a notable problem lately.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
Thanks to its newfound powers, Venomicon's grim predictions are absolutely precise and violent. Nobody has survived them to tell the tale.

Shield: Thanks to its newfound powers, Venomicon can alter its own malevolent predictions at will, allowing it to lash out at full power.

Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Dark Pages Pokémon

Sword: It is often found wandering decrepit libraries. Ancient texts speak of Venomicon driving countless scholars and adventurers who sought after it mad.

Shield: Reading the text within a Venomicon causes hallucinations of a banished renegade. Those who read it for too long find themselves in a world opposite ours.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword
: The Vile Vial has blinded Venomicon and split its cover, sending it into a flying frenzy! Its pages have burned into razor-sharp wings.

Shield: Due to its damaged cover, Venomicon can now fly at blinding speeds. Some claim they see glimpses of a warped world in its flight path.

Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Tome Pokémon

Sword: Its cover acts as a shield for its pages, which hold many spells that it can use against its opponents.

Shield: Nobody knows how dangerous the contents of its pages are or where they originated because it closely guards them from everybody.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
Its head has become stuck in an inkpot, driving it into a frenzy. It uses this rage to attack stronger and faster.

Shield: Because of the ink obscuring its vision, it will attack friend and foe using its pages and the ink covering its own body, losing defenses in the process.

Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Cursed Tome Pokémon

Sword: A living relic from a dark, bygone era, this Pokémon is said to have been created by a vengeful sorcerer.

Shield: Each solstice and equinox, this Pokémon appears during the night at an ancient library deep within the Crown Tundra. Its cries are eerily human.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword
: After plunging its pen-like head into a forbidden inkwell, it darts about the skies in a berserk rage. When not flying, it shudders violently.

Shield: Venomicon’s vision has been enhanced beyond the material plane, but its ink distorts everything into moving targets. If it spots you, there is no escape.

Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Unsanctified Pokemon

Sword: Venomicon was coveted by sages for its pages' fabled wisdom, but research shows its pages are in an unknown language with no known geographic association.

Shield: Its hunger for ink causes it to raid libraries and archives. An ancient library's centuries' worth of information has been lost to its hunger.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
Upon feeding on Chromera's ink and its aura, Venomicon became berserk. Its hunger for ink is sated, but its newfound hunger for destruction is unrelenting.

Shield: Its powers have shifted away from elemental and fortifying magic to become more capable of inflicting violence. It can now fly at hypersonic speeds.

Final Submission

Venomicon
, the Cryptic Pokemon

Sword: Within its pages it holds forbidden knowledge that it has collected over its entire life. It doesn't let anyone read it, not even its trainer.

Shield: This Pokemon can sleep for over a century on a bookshelf. It will spray ink at anyone that tries to disturb its slumber.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
The Vile Vial has corrupted the information that Venomicon stored, making it rampage. It doesn't stop until it runs out of ink.

Shield: Venomicon gets so angry that its ink starts boiling. This makes it burn itself, making it angrier.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Venomicon,
the Old Novel Pokémon

Sword: The author of the original Venomicon locked their own soul in the book, they seem to replicate whenever it's ink gets on another book.

Shield: Because Venomicon's pages are incomplete, it will allow it's trainer to take notes inside it. But pages already made always had information on Chromera.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
In this form, Venomicon is in an endless rage but will still listen to it's trainer. Though the vial is responsible, scientists still don't know how.

Shield: Venomicon zooms around at speeds as fast as airplanes, anything that it sees move it will try to ram into out of a confused interest.

Final Submission

Venomicon,
the Lost Novel Pokemon

Sword: It's said to have been born from an unfinished epic after noxious ink was spilled on it. It seeks out more of this ink to finish the story itself.

Shield: The writings on its pages are seemingly nonsensical hieroglyphs. Anyone who peeks at them will have a flurry of ink-stained pages shot in their face.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword
: It sought out the Vile Vial and its ink to finish writing its story. However, the vial twisted its mind, causing it to become lost in its own writing.

Shield: Whatever the ink did to Venomicon's mind, it caused it to go on a violent rampage. It's theorized that the vial made it see others as villains in its story.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Venomicon,
the Knowledge Pokemon

Sword: Venomicon’s pages contain hundreds of recipes for how to make poisons using ordinary objects. For this reason, Venomicon is banned from most bookstores.

Shield: The pages of Venomicon hold profound knowledge. Ancient civilizations were very strict on who could read the secrets written within Venomicon.

Venomicon-Epilogue

Sword:
The Vile Vial has given Venomicon a sudden urge to transcribe its knowledge. Many famous works of literature have been written by Venomicon in this form.

Shield: Venomicon’s ability to retain this form relies on the ink contained in the Vile Vial. When the ink runs out, Venomicon reverts back to its Prologue form.

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disqualifications:
  • K. Roolest Shark: Entries are too long.
  • Brian Geniouse: "sharp-scented fumes" -> "sharply-scented fumes".
  • Ayecrusher King: "a sensation it shares gladly to Voodoll" -> "a sensation it shares gladly with Voodoll".
  • boo836: "became berserk" -> "went berserk"
  • Moomany: Comma splices in first Sword and second Shield entries. "it's" -> "its" in first Shield and second Sword entries.
Everyone else moves onto poll 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)