CAP 30 - Part 14 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP 2/3

1. Archivabane

“Archiva” (Archive) + “Bane”

Already gave context for this in the first WIP post, this is definitely a name I’m keeping into consideration

2. Biblichemo

“Bibli” (Bibliography) + “Chemo” (Chemical)

This name, again, refers to how CAP30 is a chemically-induced book.

dex

10 wolf, 3 shepherd, 1 sheep, led leopard
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
WIP 2

Cipharious

Combination of "Cipher" and "Nefarious". Also sort of sounds like "Venomous".

Pronounced: Sigh-fair-ee-us
IPA: ˈsīferēəs

A cipher is a way of decoding secret or encrypted messages, which could be a fun thing this Pokemon specializes in with its many pages of symbols and glyphs.

WIP 3/3

Archivabane

“Archiva” (Archive) + “Bane”

“Archiva” represents its book-like qualities and tells of how it could have a long history tied into it, and “Bane” represents not only the toxic attributes of CAP30 but also how it may bring great misfortune and distress to those who tamper with it as a play on its design suggesting mystic attributes as it’s, again, a cursed flying toxic book.

Last edited:
WIP 1/3

Pneumagic

Pneumatic (airy) + Magic
Pronounced: noo-MAJ-ick

WIP 2/3

Darkloire

Darkling (an evil creature from fantasy, or the act of growing darker) + Grimoire (a spellbook) - also a kind of play on "dark lore"
Pronounced: DARK-luh-WAHR - the second syllable should be very quick; nearly "dark l'wahr"

WIP 3/3

Exaspite

Codex Gigas (the so-called "Devil's Bible," alleged to be one of the most cursed books of all time) + Spite
Pronounced: ex-as-PITE

WIP 3/3

Tominous.
Fairly simple: an ominous tome. I feel "ominous" is really the vibe the graphics send off, especially with that quill tail trailing off over CAP's head.

WIP (1/3)

Inkantation

"Ink" + "Incantation"

Pronounced: "eenk-ahn-tay-shun"

An incantation is a series of words that are either spoken or read out loud as a magic spell. Seeing that the mon is a living book, this would fit its concept.

WIP (2/3)

Pagespurner

"Page-turner" + "Spurn"

Pronounced: "payj-spur-nr"

I just wanted a pun using "page-turner," a compound word that refers to an engrossing book.

WIP (3/3)

Spellbinder

"Spellbound" + "Binder"

Pronounced: "spel-bein-dr"

This one's a bit of a stretch, seeing as a binder is not the same thing as a book, but this name also goes off of the enchanted book flavor of the mon.

Item Name WIP (1/3)

Vile Vial

I know this is the name of a DQ monster, but hear me out. I like to think that the item is a bottle of cursed ink and that's why it triggers a forme change, so what else would you call a bottle of weird magic ink?
Yo I love the name vial vial

WIP 1:

Proozlepsis (/pruːzˈlɛpsɪs/)

"Prolepsis": A literary device consisting in giving a hint about future actions. See: foreshadowing. This part refers to the potential grim fate that was set in stone in the book for you. + "Ooze" is self-explanatory: it refers to the poisonous ink and to how it should flow.

WIP 2:

Perooze (/pəˈruːz/)

"Peruse" + "Ooze", pretty self-explanatory.

WIP 3:

Inkwail (/'ɪŋkweɪl/)

"Inkwell" + "Wail".

Last edited:

Hera

Make a move before they can make an act on you
is a Social Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
WIP

Liberio

Liber (latin for book) + io (suffix, can be changed)

Pronounced: lie-bear-e-o

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Modpost: Final submissions for names are now open. Make sure that your name submission follows the template in the opening post exactly to avoid disqualification!

You have just over 48 hours to make your final submissions, after which point we will close this thread and start name polls.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Inkplot

"Ink" + "Plot." A pun on "Ink Pot" and "Ink Blot."

Pronounced: "eenk-ploh-tuh"
IPA: ɪŋkplɒt

I was thinking of a pun to do with Ink Pots that also brought to mind books, and decided that incorporating the 'Plot' of a book would make the most sense, especially since it sounds like Ink Blot.

Final Submission

Proozlepsis

"Prolepsis" + "Ooze".

Pronounced: "prooz-LEHP-sis"
IPA: /pruːzˈlɛpsɪs/

A prolepsis is a literary device in which future actions are inferred. It is another word for foreshadowing. The idea of a cursed book being able to predict a grim future seemed interesting to me. Since this future is therefore set in stone and unchangeable, it can be somewhat linked to Stamina in that it is hard or even impossible to beat fate. What's more, if prolepsis is well used, the reader won't know until it happens in the story and go back to the extract where it was used. This adds the element of unexpectedness, which could explain the efficiency of Tinted Lens. Since the ink used in the book is poison, "ooze" seemed like a good word to refer both to it and to the way it flows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)