CAP 30 - Part 14 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

Flapinook

(FLAP + INk = NOte + bOOK)

Pronounced : "FLAhp-i-nouk"

Now i tried to simplify the name from the last WIP, flap, because, its like, obiously flapping + is something to justify the flying type, ink, because its an ink book (and the item is like ink), note because its something that you write in a paper (normally), and book, its because its a book.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP

Chronincull

Pronounced "cron-INK-cull"

It's chronicle (a record of events/history, usually in print) combined with ink and cull.

I really like the word chronicle. It's got this sense of grandeur and intrigue associated with it, almost certainly a result of 1 and 2 Chronicles and the famous series Chronicles of Narnia. It's really good at making CAP30 sound both powerful and important. Ink is obvious everyone's used it at this point. Cull is the weird but cool part: I think heavily of corrosion and decay, or perhaps corruption when looking at our designs and how the poison has enveloped the book. I like the idea that CAP30 has this drive to consume or alter information, and cull has a lot do with setting things aside or flat-out removal of them, especially in conjunction with our Poison typing.

I don't know how I feel about it being similar to Chromera. One one hand, it is a bit weird to have two otherwise unrelated CAPs right next to each other and with nearly-identical first syllables, even if the Chro- part is completely different (Chroma refers to color while Chronic refers to time). On the other hand, its also pretty cool to have two poisons types with similar names and encompassing different forms of media (art and literature).

I wish the name wasn't as clunky to write but I think it's fun to pronounce and sets it apart.

Repost per Quanyails.

WIP

1.) Necronib
“Necronomicon” + “Nib”
Playing on the Necronomicon, the book of evil in Lovecraftian lore, with the demented nature that it takes in its second form. Nib relates to the fountain pen head in the design, since nibs are the tips of pens!
Pronounced: neh-kroh-nibb
IPA: nɛ’krəʊ’nɪb

2.) Papyraze
“Papyrus” + “Raze” + “Gaze”
Papyrus is historically the first recorded instance of paper-like material, dating back to ancient Mesopotamia. Raze is a synonym for annihilate, and gaze comes from its eye hidden in the ink bottle + Tinted Lens.
Pronounced: puh-pie-rayz
IPA: pə’paɪəreɪz

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP (2/3)

Aufold

"Au" (gold) + "Awful" + "Fold"

Pronounced: "AW-fold"

A play on the word "awful," incorporating some design elements—namely, the gold quill/highlights, and the fact that it folds into a book!

WIP

1. Archivatox

“Archiva” (Archive) + “Tox” (Toxic)

The name refers to its attributes as a, well, toxic book.

2. Archivabane

“Archiva” (Archive) + “Bane”

This one is a less obvious version of the first name, with “Bane” representing not only the toxic attributes of CAP30 but also how it may bring great misfortune and distress to those who tamper with it as a play on it’s design suggesting mystic attributes as it’s, again, a cursed flying toxic book.

WIP

Literaerie

"Literary" + "Aerie"

LIT-er-AIR-ee

A pun on the word "Literary" with an emphasis on the flying type - I'm also mulling around Litaerial, since "Literaerial" is too much of a mouthful for me, but I think the pun is lost a bit when removing 2nd syllable of 'Literary'

Last edited:

CallMeDrippyT

Banned deucer.
WIP 3

Toxelligence

“Toxic” + “Intelligence”

Pronounced: talks-ell-uh-jns

Straightforward name, book contains toxic contents and knowledge/intelligence can be gained from it.

WIP

Illiterite

"Ill" + "Literate" + "Write"

Pronounced: Ill-it-err-ite

Play on the word ' illiterate', in that it's book-like body can't be read by humans, or written in by, so it's the oxymoron of being an illiterate book, and it's name is also an example of an illiterate attempt at writing Illiterite.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP 1/3

Inklis

Ink + Iblis (Islamic name for the devil)

Pronounced: "Ink" + "lis"

Wanted to go with a name that rolls off the tongue easily while at the same time has some sort of connections to both the occult and to writing, and I feel like this works pretty well. If the religious connections are too concerning though please let me know so I know not to go with this name.

WIP

Flapage

(FLAP + PAGE)

Pronounced: "flAP-ayj"

Flap because is at least how i see its gonna move, flaping + something to justify the flying type + it sounds like flip page, and page, because, a book has pages ._. + what i just said, the flip page could reference that it has 2 forms, just like a page has 2 sides, oh and thx kjnjkmjk1 for giving me the idea =)

Last edited:
WIP

Quillowtale

kwɪl-ləʊ-teɪl

Based on Swallowtail, Quill and Tale
Swallowtails are butterflies that have similar patterns to CAP30s design on their wings, but the name obviously can refer to the tailfeathers of swallows, which fits well with the split „tail“ of the design, which is the Bookmark. Take refersb to it being a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)