CAP 30 - Part 14 - Item Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Corrupt Vial

Pretty straight-forward. The vial makes the book go from normal to corrupt since it looks a lot diffrent.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Final Submission

Infected Inkwell

Wanted to go with an adjective that begins with "In" to go with "inkwell" and landed on "Infected." In Unsee's art sub, CAP30 is described to go "berserk" when it puts its head into the bottle, and the plume coming from its head darkens considerably going from CAP30b to CAP30i. Thus, one could infer that the ink is actually infected. "Infected" is also a relatively simple word- other adjectives I tried just seemed to "advanced" for a Pokemon item name.

Final Submission

Griseous Ink

Its a name that tells you exactly what it is. Its Griseous Orb, but its ink. Griseous refers to a colour closer to Platinum than the colour of the actual Griseous Orb as well, so there is precedent for the name being mostly meaningless but distinct when it comes to the physical object itself.

Final Submission

Guten's Tinte

Tinte is German for Ink, and Germany was the birthplace of Johannes Gutenberg, the inventor of the printing press, whom the first word comes from.

Final Submission

Vial of Dye

I’m fond of the possible Chromera connection others are playing with, because I find the implicit dynamic of right-brain-Chromera and left-brain-30b, and the implications of what happens when the two mix into 30i, really interesting.

However, I find the existing submissions hinting at this connection too on-the-nose. IMO, the best way to convey that sort connection is to hint at it subtextually. Make it more of a fun easter egg attentive players could piece together on their own, rather than some weird lore we splash in their face.

Hence, “Vial of Dye”.

Dye is distinct from ink, in that you’d never think to call something you’d write in a book with “dye”. It’s a generic term for any coloring substance; its connotations are near-exclusively artistic, and may refer to various powders, paints, or fluids that aren’t even possible to write in a book with.

However, dye and ink are similar enough, and the name “vial of dye” non-specific enough, that many wouldn’t bat an eye, or question why it has such an effect on 30. A perfect way to hide hidden meanings, as it’s inoffensive to those who don’t care.

Additionally, “dye” ties directly into 30i gaining Tinted Lens. It is the substance that tints 30i’s lenses, be it literally or metaphorically.

Finally, “vial” and “dye” sound like “vile” and “die”, fitting the more general supernatural Poison-type flavor.

Final Submission

Obscure Ink

Not only is the item hard to find, but it also obscures 30i's perception when held.

Final Submission

Plot Ink

Plot is the history of an story (thats what i understand of it), and, the item is just ink..
If no one of the item names is rlly liked can we call it grape juice for no reason at all =)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)