CAP 30 - Part 14 - Forme Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP

Novel/Signature

Going with double meanings here. Novel can refer to the book itself as well as it being a new form, while Signature can refer to what you make with a quill and ink as well as the other meaning of signature we are all very familiar with. I like to think that 30i is the Signature form, while 30b is a more Novel form.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP

Adaptive/Instinctive

Plays into the two abilities and CAP30's relation to information. 30b has Stamina and "learns" from its opponents attacks to become stronger, while 30i does as the form name suggests and ruthlessly attacks whatever's in front of it the best it knows how.

CallMeDrippyT

Banned deucer.
WIP

Concealed/Revealed

Definitely forme names that are more simple compared to most, but I wanted to go for something self-explanatory.

WIP 2

Shrouded/Hypnotic

Nothing much can be seen in 30b, while the "eye" shown in 30i could represent a hypnotic spiral.

Last edited:

CallMeDrippyT

Banned deucer.
WIP 3

Stable/Unhinged

A reference to Unsee's description of the 30i forme, which explains how the mon's head being trapped within a bottle of ink makes it go berserk.

WIP 1

Cleansed/Tainted

30i is tainted by the ink (in the pot) and goes berserk, 30b is cleansed of the strange ink. An interesting thing I noticed about these names is that Tainted/Cleansed sounds kind of like "Tinted Lens", which is 30i's ability.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP 1/3

Restrained/Chaotic

30b'a design looks more friendly and controlled while 30i's design look more demonic and chaotic, so I wanted to go with that motif I decided to go with constrained so the two forms start with different letters.

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP (2/3)

Inkulcate/Inkarnate

I’ll probably stick with my first suggestions but I’ll take any excuse for some oyaji gyagu. The word “inculcate” means to teach someone by repeating a lesson over and over again, an abstract way to refer to 30b’s Stamina. And I used Inkarnate because 30i is literally ink incarnate.

Last edited:

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
WIP

Classic/Manic

According to Unsee, CAP30i goes "berserk" with the inkwell on its head, and "manic" is a synonym for "berserk." Classic means "typical," which is good for a the base forme. Both words are two-syllable words that end with the "-ic" sound, which is nice.

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP (3/3)

Abridged/Absolute

The book is incomplete at first, but the inkwell allows its true self to explode out of the pages. (Also, literally, the base forme only demonstrates an “abridged” fraction of what it can really do.)

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
WIP (3/3)

Dank/Epic

To be “dank” means to be unpleasantly moist or musty, as you would expect from a book soaked in ink.

An “epic” is a long narrative poem that is usually ancient and follows the adventures of a hero or a band of heroes.

WIP (2/3)

Opus/Fragment

in This case the base Form would be the „finished“ stable form.
In Literature you can often find writers, that were to erratic in writing, to actually finish, stuff, that died or got mad before they closed their magnum opus, and thus we are often only left with fragments of their work, which imo fits well with the „gone mad because of writing“ 30i.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Critique is pretty rare in these kinds of threads so here's a little nugget of feedback from your friendly neighborhood no-fun man.

While some of the wordplay is cool I would ere on the side of caution when it comes to submitting forme names that already exist in the main games. A general trend is that forme names are not repeated unless they are of the same species (Darm/Garm, Pumpkaboo line, Florges line. etc.) or are directly related counterparts (Genies, Galar Dogs, etc.). I won't call for anyone to change their subs or to put a dampener on submitting used names if people want too, but I know we like our precedent here in CAP so just though I'd put it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)