CAP 30 - Part 14 - Forme Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final Submission

Versed/Vexed

Has wordplay with the end of the name, forming Con-Versed (communication) and Con-Vexed (curved outwards), but they have their own meanings as well (Versed as in well-versed and Vexed as in annoyed, probably from having its head stuck in a jar)

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission

Tome/Codex

A tome is a those types of large sturdy books, something that I think meshes with 30b's more defensive nature quite well. A codex is a type of ancient historical document, one that can possibly contain forbidden knowledge that corrupts CAP 30 (like a poison), making it become a dangerous fast attacker.

Reactions: dex
Final Submission

Untapped/Unleashed

I want you to envision this example. Ginny Weasley gets her hands on an unassuming, blank book. She does not suspect the power lying in dormancy, untapped, in this item. Which, by the way, is incredibly durable and resists pretty much any attempt at destructing or harming it (Endurance). Now, when she dips her quill into the inkpot and starts writing... (Vile Vial). A terrible force is summoned, unleashed. A power that starts to wreak havoc and seems irresistible (Tinted Lens).

This works equally well with Light Yagami and the Death Note. Or Evy O'Connell and the Book of Dead. Or Charles Dexter Ward and the notebook of his ancestor Joseph Curwen.

Final Submission

Cleansed/Tainted

30i is tainted by the ink in the vial and goes berserk, 30b is cleansed of the strange ink. An interesting thing about these names is that Tainted/Cleansed sounds kind of like "Tinted Lens", which is 30i's ability.

Final Submission

Encrypted/Cracked

The idea is that the knowledge in the book is hidden behind a cypher in 30b, but when deciphered (cracked) causes the transformation into 30i. Whatever information was contained in the book has made 30i go insane; "cracked" also fits the unhinged aesthetic of 30i's design.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Normal/Vile

I'm envisioning this much more in the vein of Deoxys or Kyurem or Castform or Rotom or Keldeo or Darmanitan where the base form doesn't really have its own special name - only that it's the "normal" or "ordinary" or "standard" form, and then other forms have their own suffixes. Went with Normal because it is the most commonly used such official term. Vile fits due to the item and I like the alliteration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)