CAP 28 - PRC Applications

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
applying for the first time in a minute

Hey all, SHSP here. I'm a former CAP mod, TL of Equilibra, TLT for Jumbao and active metagame player (captain of Kerfs in CAPTTV, assistant to Pajantoms in CAPTTIV, other singles results). I've been an active member of PRC before and with newfound time I'm much more active and available to contribute my own threads and to others in PRC.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Hi, I'm Zephyr2007 and I'd love to contribute to CAP by being a part of the PRC. I'm extremely new to the community, but have a significant presence on both Discord and PS and have engaged in conversations surrounding PRC topics. I've contributed art to both CAP 27 and 28 and actively participated in the competitive discussion of CAP 28. I'm also a metagame player, participating in CAPPL VI, the Cyclohm Cup, and a bunch of other singles tournaments, with mixed results. I'm hoping a PRC spot will allow me to bring newer ideas to the table and contribute further to CAP as a whole.

Last edited:

dex

Hard as Vince Carter’s knee cartilage is
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I'm dex18 and I'm really interested in becoming part of the PRC for CAP. Like Zephyr, I'm pretty new to contributing to the CAP community, but I've been lurking since 2016. I engaged a lot in conversations about CAP 28, doing a lot of writeups for the typing, ability, and moveset stages. Additionally, I participated in the last FlashCAP, contributing its typing. I've been pretty active on PS recently, being top 300 in OU and playing a lot of CAP ladder. I've also gotten into the CAP tourneys, whether in the Showdown room or organized through Smogon, in the CAP 28 playtest and most recently in the Snake Draft (go Libras). Finally, I've been pretty active on Discord, and SHSP can attest to the amount of time I've spent pestering him about CAP teambuilding. I honestly love every part of CAP from the flavor to the metagame, and being able to give a little bit of my own thoughts on how CAP runs would be awesome. Specifically, I have a few ideas about how to optimize/better the moveset and ability stages to make it an overall cleaner and more fun process that I'd like to discuss should I become a PRC. I understand if I'm a little too new to the community for this but I'd love to give it my best shot.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, my name is Stall Guy and I would love to be a member of CAP PRC.

A little overview about my experience with CAP:
Ive been playing CAP since Gen 5 (1st CAP team was rain stall build around a Ferro, Toad, Mollux core) and lurked a bit on the forums back in the day but I have tried my best to become an active member of the community for a little over a year now.

Im currently a voice in the CAP room on PS and have worked on the development of Astro and Mias with my main focus being stat spread submissions. In terms of the content I have produced, my stat spread submission was originally a 15 page technical write up (before I took it down because I changed the spread last minute and didn't have enough time to edit the write up).
If your interested, I can try finding the original stat spread and reattach it to this post.

I have participated in CAPPL and currently in the Mias play test + discussing the Post Play Lookback on Mias.
Also, Ive posted some teams to the Team Bazaar. Don't think my team building skills are the best...but its something.

And in general, Im always looking for opportunities for me to help grow and improve CAP however I can.

Last edited:
Hello, I'd like to apply to be a part of the PRC. Although I only recently joined Smogon and became an active participant, I've been lurking the project on-and-off for multiple generations now (as far back as Plasmanta, with an awareness of the project even further back thanks to the Smog). I'm currently a voice in the CAP Project room on Showdown, and I've been an active participant in the Discord, on Showdown, and on the forums, especially during the current CAP29 (and CAP 9 Prevo) processes. I've also been fairly active in the metagame, having participated in the recent Winter Seasonal and various roomtours, in addition to playing on and helping out a bit with the CAP 1v1 ladder.

Heya, just a quick post to ask for posting permission in PR. I'm relatively new, having lurked since the tail end of the starters, and have only really started contributing this process around. However I'm pretty active on the Discord, and I'm very enthusiastic about building and playing in the CAP metagame, having participated (and lost :psycry:) in several tours, room and circuit alike. As such I'd appreciate being able to post my thoughts in regard to PR matters.

(Also, shouldn't this thread be re-titled or revamped? I know that I personally didn't know whether to post here or not and there isn't a clear successor thread.)

D2TheW

Amadán
Sup, I'm D2 and I'm applying for prc assuming that this thread is still functional. I'm mainly known for my exploits in cap tournaments, winning playtest 28 and last years cyclohm cup and I'm currently in semi finals of the ongoing cap swiss. I do also contribute to the cap process and will do likewise for process prc but I'm primarily interested in tours related prc like the current snake draft discussion. I've been lurking the cap process since libra and participating since miasmaw and while I don't post a massive amount, I'm pretty active on cord. Also I know I have a bit of a rep for taking the piss but I promise I'll behave and keep prc a shsp friendly zone :blobthumbsup:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, I'm Da Pizza Man, and I am seeking to apply to be a member of the PRC (Assuming this thread is still being used to take applicants, although given that Death2TheWest's is now on the PRC I'm assuming it is).

Just as some background, I've been lurking the Project since around Malaconda and have particpated since Volkraken, although I have recently come back to CAP and Smogon as a whole after quitting for a few years due to certain life circumstances and losing interest in Pokemon as a whole. I have recently returned to CAP and Smogon after a renewed interest in the series during the tail-end of Chromera's process, and while I am fairly rusty and have to work to re-learn the process, I still think that I could make valuable contributions to PRC discussions.

Some of my notable accomplishments in the past and present include:
  • Former Voice in the CAP Showdown Room (Lost due to inactivity when I quit Smogon back in the day)
  • In the past, I have participated in every ORAS CAP Project except Kerfluffle and been on the PRC for a fair amount of time during that period as well.
  • Recently, I have participated in the tail-end of Chromera's process, participated in the Gen 8 Pre-Evo Movepool updates by submitting movepools for each of the pre-evos with missing movepools, and I am currently an active participant in the on-going process for CAP30.
  • Recently, I have competed in the the Ruins of Alph Gen 6 CAP Tournament, the Chromera Playtest Tournament, and this year's CAP Summer Seasonals, along with several room tournaments (Even if I don't do super well because I kinda suck).
  • Currently, I am co-hosting the CAP LC Revival Tournament with kjnkjmjk1
While I don't post as often as I would like due to work obligations, I am typically very active on Discord and am fairly activate on Showdown as well. And I guess as a way to close out this application, I'm required by law to indeed say that it is in fact Pizza Time.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
I had decided earlier this year to just wait out until SV's PRC Apps, but there's still a lot of questions/discussion remaining as we wrap up Gen 8, with more likely to come from that as well, so I've double-backed and decided I will just apply now and deal with the fact that I'll have to apply again in a couple months.

I've been lurking CAP since around USUM, participating since Miasmaw and actively engaging with CAP and its community/metagame since the beginning of CAP31. CAP has largely become my primary focus on Smogon as the process is a unique blend of game design with competitive balance inside an established metagame, and applying our ideas on what might add more depth or explore forgotten avenues in ways the original game has yet to accomplish is right down my alley. I'm still not 100% on everything CAP Process related, but still feel my input would be appreciated, and I seriously value the purposeful nature of CAP, in both adherence to strict regulations on original Pokemon designs for a competitive metagame, and how said rules are implemented to best foster creative and viable end products.

Quick list of contributions/presence:
  1. Actively participated in discussion for Venomicon and especially the nearly finished CAP31
  2. Frequently on Discord since joining in February, have chimed in on the #prc channel before as well
  3. Playing in multiple tournaments (need to work on the "winning" part of that)
  4. Was around for a good bit of 31's playtesting
  5. Finished a majority of CAPPL's Usage Stats thread because spoo asked one night and have signed up to do likewise for this year's CAPCL
Bit late for the more recent PRC activity going on but I don't have much else to add anyway, so I'd rather just be in a position to post for stuff that pops up later.

Applying for PRC access.

I have been lurking since the middle of Astrolotl, and the first process that I started voting was Chromera. I started participating during Pyroak's buff process, and the first actual process I participated in was Saharaja's.

Here are my contributions to the CAP Community:
  • Active on the forums, Discord server and Showdown room, and frequently participate in room tours (though admittedly with not much success)
  • My nomination for Astrolotl as a CAP Titan for the SS metagame won first place almost unanimously, with myself being the only holdout
  • I participate in various metagame projects such as Victim of the Week and the Teambuilding Competition
  • Active participant in all competitive stages of CAP 31 barring threats, as well as CAP 32 and all CAP buff processes barring Voodoom
  • My concept submission for CAP 32 "Trap Card" was slated
  • I run a Personal Viability Rankings thread, which I am very on top of, as well as a Player of the Fortnight thread
Now, I'm definitely not perfect, I don't consider myself a particularly good battler and my ideas aren't always agreed with, but I do feel as though I have learned a lot about competitive play and the creation process with help from the community, and I strive to learn more, and I plan to participate in more tournaments in the future (I couldn't participate in tournaments for a while due to an unfortunate IRL situation that is now over). I aim to become a better player and contributer, and want to do as much as I can to make positive contributions. Thank you for your time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)