Project Can you make me...

pqs

Banned deucer.
OP semi-stolen from Felucia, approved by Rosa, old thread here
1589659432717.png

VERY professional art made by moi
Can you make me...
The set building thread

Hello and welcome to the set workshop, set building thread, "Can you make me..." whatever you want to call it. Point is, it exists.
This is where you go if you want to have a set made for a specific something, or if you want to help people create sets for specific somethings.

Rules for requesting sets:

• If you want to have a set made, just reply to the thread saying what you want the set for.
  • Don't ask for solutions to problems that clearly don't require a difficult solution. "I want a set that beats Dragapult" just isn't gonna cut it.
  • Feel free to request specific pokemon ("I want a Sawk set that beats Aegislash") but keep in mind that the matchup you're trying to win might not be possible.
  • If you don't mind the set builders going a bit crazy you can specify that in your post, if you don't then you'll probably get something viable (if possible).
  • You can request sets for old gens or OMs but know that the main purpose of this thread is SS 1v1 set building.

Rules for posting sets:

• To submit a set, simply tag or quote the person who requested the set, and post the set with relevant details. Details include:
    • Which requirements the set doesn't meet (if anything)
    • How the set beats what it's supposed to
    • If you made EVs for anything not requested, mention those too.
  • Try to build sets that are at least somewhat viable in the 1v1 metagame (unless the requester says otherwise). It's really great that you can beat Ferrothorn with Scorbunny but that's not what we're here for.
  • Have fun! If you don't enjoy this then why are you doing it.
If you want to make sets but you think you're bad, there's this post on EVs that Felucia made 2 years ago. It's old and partially outdated (and even wrong in a few places), and it also uses examples that are now banned, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Happy laddering!
or setbuilding

Last edited:
Lemme kick this off: Can you make me a Chandelure set that beats Mimikyu?
Chanadlure ain't beating every Mimikyu set. Besides having to rely on Quick Claw activating when you need it to.

Chandelure @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Clear Smog
- Acid Armor
- Inferno

Vs Mimikyu Adamant 252 Life Orb:
252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 184 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 252-299 (82 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Chandelure Inferno vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mimikyu: 142-168 (56.5 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You hope for Inferno to hit. So it can burn Mimikyu

Vs Mimikyu Swords Dance:

Inferno again...you have Acid Armor and clear Smog too.

Vs Mimikyu Curse:
Chandelure has Infiltrator...so use Inferno

Vs Scarf Mimikyu with Trick:
Shocker...use Inferno. If they Trick you than you will outspeed. Not like it matters since all these set rely on you landing Inferno.

Summery: LAND INFERNO!

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eh well might as well start things off.
Can you make me...

A set which beats:
Corviknight
Cinderace
Crustle
Togekiss
Weezing-Galar

Edit: Felucia really gonna snipe me like that
Stonjourner @ Choice Band
Ability: Power Spot
EVs: 92 HP / 188 Atk / 96 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Heat Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

The most bulk corvi runs on the physical side is like 252/172+. Heat Crash kills that spread most of the time (all the less bulky corvis just die). Corvis with 209 or more speed are basically unheard of, so you outspeed.
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Corviknight: 387-458 (96.7 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Cinderace is a non-issue, rock blast kills through sub and band HJK can't kill. Adamant band is a meme.
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Stonjourner: 304-358 (83.5 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 615-732 (204.3 - 243.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Crustle is likewise killed by rock blast.
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crustle: 405-492 (144.1 - 175%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Scarf Togekiss needs to hit three air slashes and flinch with the first two, for about a 30% total chance of victory (if Modest, dazzling gleam is a roll with worse odds). Paraflinch togekiss is in basically the same situation. You kill both with heavy slam.
252+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 92 HP / 96 SpD Stonjourner: 150-177 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 92 HP / 96 SpD Stonjourner: 319-376 (87.6 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 543-640 (174.5 - 205.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Weezing is OHKOd by heavy slam unless it's max physdef (weezing is never max physdef).
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 330-390 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Just something I threw together: there's a lot of room for optimization here, but it gets the job done well enough.

Last edited:

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lemme kick this off: Can you make me a Chandelure set that beats Mimikyu?
Chanadlure ain't beating every Mimikyu set. Besides having to rely on Quick Claw activating when you need it to.
We'll see about that, Joker.

Chandelure @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Thief
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Protect

As a general rule, remember that one shadow ball kills after disguise is broken.
0 SpA Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mimikyu: 228-270 (90.8 - 107.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

The scarf matchup is complicated but ultimately advantageous. Protect T1.
If they used trick, you click shadow ball. They trick you, you break their disguise, you outspeed thanks to the tricked scarf, shadow ball again, they survive with kasib, you tank their phantom force into shadow sneak (nobody runs shadow sneak on scarf mimi but you live anyway, lol) and kill with another shadow ball.
If they used an attack (shadow claw, phantom force, whatever), click Thief. They hit you (and you easily survive), you eat your berry, Thief breaks disguise and steals their scarf, you tank their shadow sneak, and you kill T3 with shadow ball.

Mimi tricks:
252+ Atk Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 194-230 (59.8 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 86-104 (26.5 - 32%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
(shadow sneak scarf doesn't exist, but if it does you survive most of the time)

Mimi attacks:
252+ Atk Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Chandelure: 97-115 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- 26.8% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 86-104 (26.5 - 32%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

The LO matchup starts by using Thief to break their disguise.
If they SD up, you just won the game. Spam shadow ball until one hits: the strongest they can hit you with is +2 Phantom Force and that doesn't kill.
If they attack, you eat your berry and tank it, then steal their life orb and break disguise. At this point, you should know what their physical ghost STAB is (mimikyus with phantom force and shadow claw don't exist).
If it's phantom force, simply click substitute, use that to sponge the hit, and KO with shadow ball.
If it's shadow claw, you actually survive two of those.

Mimi SDs:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Chandelure: 253-298 (78 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mimi attacks:
252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Chandelure: 126-149 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Chandelure: 99-117 (30.5 - 36.1%) -- 40.2% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 152-180 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 69.9% chance to 2HKO

Curse mimikyu can't 2hko you with two non-adamant phantom forces, so you can just thief-shadow ball and kill it, as you would versus the life orb variant.
If cursekyu curses, you break disguise T1, leaving it at 38%. From there, you need to win two 50/50s.
-If on the first turn, it doesn't protect, you win by clicking shadow ball. If it does protect, you win by clicking substitute and then shadow balling.
-If, after succesfully protecting, it doesn't click phantom force, you win by clicking shadow ball. If it clicks phantom force, you win by clicking substitute and then shadow balling.

If cursekyu curses and then immediately uses phantom force, you just win T3 by clicking shadow ball as it emerges from the semi-invulnerable turn (two rounds of curse chip + kasib-weakened phantom force doesn't kill).

252 Atk Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kasib Berry Chandelure: 88-105 (27.1 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Mimikyu Phantom Force vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 176-210 (54.3 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This set is slightly suboptimal in needing to know whether the opposing mimikyu is scarved with Trick, but it's otherwise much better than I expected a chandelure to be versus this opponent. Some of those breakdowns got quite complex, and I invite anyone who sees a flaw to call it out.

Last edited:
Stonjourner @ Choice Band
Ability: Power Spot
EVs: 92 HP / 188 Atk / 96 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Heat Crash
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

The most bulk corvi runs on the physical side is like 252/172+. Heat Crash kills that spread most of the time (all the less bulky corvis just die). Corvis with 209 or more speed are basically unheard of, so you outspeed.
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Heat Crash (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Corviknight: 387-458 (96.7 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Cinderace is a non-issue, rock blast kills through sub and band HJK can't kill. Adamant band is a meme.
252 Atk Choice Band Cinderace High Jump Kick vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Stonjourner: 304-358 (83.5 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 615-732 (204.3 - 243.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Crustle is likewise killed by rock blast.
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Rock Blast (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crustle: 405-492 (144.1 - 175%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Scarf Togekiss needs to hit three air slashes and flinch with the first two, for about a 30% total chance of victory (if Modest, dazzling gleam is a roll with worse odds). Paraflinch togekiss is in basically the same situation. You kill both with heavy slam.
252+ SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 92 HP / 96 SpD Stonjourner: 150-177 (41.2 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 92 HP / 96 SpD Stonjourner: 319-376 (87.6 - 103.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 543-640 (174.5 - 205.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Weezing is OHKOd by heavy slam unless it's max physdef (weezing is never max physdef).
188+ Atk Choice Band Stonjourner Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar: 330-390 (98.8 - 116.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Just something I threw together: there's a lot of room for optimization here, but it gets the job done well enough.
I really love this solution, it's super elegant. I'd just like to point out that you die to Endure+Liechi->Reversal Cinderace

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
I really love this solution, it's super elegant. I'd just like to point out that you die to Endure+Liechi->Reversal Cinderace
Do people run that a lot? All the cinders I've seen have been band or sub+liechi. It seems to me that endure doesn't help all that much, because you're still getting killed by priority and faster mons, while you miss out on beating imprison mew.

Here Comes Team Charm!

Perhaps the stars
can you make me something to beat:
kasib mew
tanga mew
herb mew
sitrus mew
band mew
specs mew
scarf mew
Cinderace @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Flame Charge

+1 252+ Atk Blaze Cinderace Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Mew: 405-477 (100.2 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Kasib, Tanga, Herb, and Sitrus are all self-explicatory: sub whenever you can, blitz when you get low.

Band mew doesn't outspeed and can't break your sub. Rock blast band mew is a meme and for good reason, it needs 4 or 5 hits to reliably kill through substitute.
252+ Atk Choice Band Mew Rock Blast (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 192-228 (63.7 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Specs mew doesn't outspeed, but it can click hyper voice on your substitute. All the other sound moves it gets are weaker, and all the non-sound moves don't let it win.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mew Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Cinderace: 164-193 (54.4 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scarf mew can kill you, but only if it's Modest, has hydro pump, hits, and gets the 31% roll. In all other situations, flame charge T1 and then sub or blitz as the situation demands.
252+ SpA Mew Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 32 SpD Cinderace: 268-316 (89 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mew Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinderace: 254-300 (84.3 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Relatively simple set, can safely click substitute against anything but scarf (which is pretty rare) and beats scarf if it knows that's what it's up against. Also just a viable pick in general.

Last edited:
can you make me something to beat:
kasib mew
tanga mew
herb mew
sitrus mew
band mew
specs mew
scarf mew
Should beat all of those
Drapion @ Choice Band
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Def
Adamant Nature
- Payback
i see your payback drapion & raise you trick klutz swoobat

Swoobat @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
- Psychic

maki

uri duri naranhi
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
BAN MEW ACTIVIST HERE LOOKING FOR THE SET THAT BEATS CHOICE ITEM MEW AND MOST IMPRISON TRANSFORM MEWS! ILYSM WHOEVER CAN DO THAT <3

BAN MEW ACTIVIST HERE LOOKING FOR THE SET THAT BEATS CHOICE ITEM MEW AND MOST IMPRISON TRANSFORM MEWS! ILYSM WHOEVER CAN DO THAT <3
grimmsnarl. CB should beat everything I mean cb Mewcan run gunk but have never seen it and it can miss. You’ll have to predict the set however that’s the case w/ most things against Mew. Mimikyu is also worth mentioning it’s pretty reliable. Mews really don’t make full usage of their movesets as they only have 4 moves. Playing aganist Mew is not a team building issue but it relies on a combination of intuition and picking the right mon. The best way to get better aganist Mew is to ladder the thing is everywhere don’t go calling for a ban quite yet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)