SS OU Can someone rate my team?

I wanted to make a Hyper Offense team but I lack the experience in SS OU and the knowledge on teambuilding so I wanted to know if you could help me out with the team I made and I think is pretty offensive:

Dragapult (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast
Dragapult is the special wallbreaker since I saw I was lacking specially offensive presence and with the choice specs it does its role well and I'm not thinking on removing it since I think the team will lack a lot of offensive pressence whitout it.

Kartana @ Protective Pads
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword
What Kartana does is it comes in with a free Slowbro switch to threat the rival and get a SD off so it can break easily, it will be the main set-up sweeper of the team even though it's too frail, since I'm going to switch it in safely. The protective pads are for the usual checks of Kart being Zapdos and Ferrothorn, both Pokémon who have contact effects on Kart that would make it unusable.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
What Lando does is setting up Rocks so they chip the enemy down with all the switches I'm going to force on their side, then it has some pivoting potential so I don't lose momentum and continue on with the switching strats.

Weavile (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
Weavile is more of a late-game cleaner but it can do the same as Kartana to threaten the Pokémon Kartana wouldn't and so it kind of fulfills a wallbreaking purpose.

Slowbro (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport
Slowbro will be the main pivot of the team since it provides free switches to bring in a threat that can damage the rival hard, and also serves as a wallbreaker helper with future sight, making switching into Kart or Weavile hard for the opponent.

Tornadus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off
What I thought when bringing Torn was "I need another pivot and a defog user", and it fulfills both in a way I like, but I still think there's something missing 'cause I don't get what's wrong with the team.

Leave your thoughts.

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Recommendations: Flamethrower over Fire Blast on Pult for the accuracy, for Kartana I get what you’re saying with Zapdos but the little bit of chip when you’re OHKOing Ferro with Sacred Sword is pretty negligible. Maybe swap to Life Orb? Also this isn’t really HO, more like straight offense or balance, HO usually utilizes weather, screens, and/or hazard stack to clear the way for a single setup sweeper.

I did the tiniest bit of research just to make sure this observation has some point, you're Freeze-Dry weak. Ninetails-A and Arctozolt could have this move, both are on the higher end of OU VR thread so they're present though not crazy common as I understand it. All your mons potentially fear NInetails-A FD, except Weavile who gets Moonblasted. Kartana beats NInetails-A, but is specially frail and takes a Spe tie. Idk, maybe worth watching out for.

Probably more important I don't really like Knock Off on your Tornadus. It needs U-Turn I imagine, but 2 physical attacks on a -atk set seems bad to me. You have Knock Off on 4 mons, dropping it on the one who needs it least seems ok. Also you have ghost to cover much the same as dark, so it really feels redundant even w/ killing their item.

EDIT: no steel Kart, how are you doing w/ Ninetails-a? Fairies as a whole see challenging.

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
sd kart kinda doesn't work here as you need a revenge killer for pult and blace.

additionally, max attack lando is absolute trash. Running spdef lando here is a lot better as you get an emergency switch to half the tier and it improves the longetitivity so regileki and tapu koko don't completely sweep.

you lack a lele switch so spdef slowbro would be beneficial to scout out for a move and find/sack accordingly. It also can switch into a variety of stuff such as rain, volcanion, and maybe even shifu.

I replaced torn to fini as you need a weavile switchin desperately. It provides defog support and provides more support to counter shifu and volcanion more consistently.

new paste: https://pokepast.es/b5e66dfb677ad3c8

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Or we could just...make the Slowbro Colbur Berry + Body Press so IT beats Weavile itself, and avoid making the team even more weak to Kartana than it already was by removing the team's singular check to it for another Grass-weak mon.

The team definitely needs a better Lele answer and running Press Bro definitely prevents it from being one. Heatran could pretty easily fulfill that role over Pult since there's already speed control with Kart, and it will help break Steels for Kart and Weav better as well.

https://pokepast.es/3ccbf8b0c58a5c4c

If you want a SpDef Slowbro run Slowking lol

Amstan

what the flip
is a Tiering Contributor
Or we could just...make the Slowbro Colbur Berry + Body Press so IT beats Weavile itself, and avoid making the team even more weak to Kartana than it already was by removing the team's singular check to it for another Grass-weak mon.

The team definitely needs a better Lele answer and running Press Bro definitely prevents it from being one. Heatran could pretty easily fulfill that role over Pult since there's already speed control with Kart, and it will help break Steels for Kart and Weav better as well.

https://pokepast.es/3ccbf8b0c58a5c4c

Spdef slowking can take like 1 physical move throughout the entire game before getting into lele 2hko range and spdef bro helps w/ tanking other moves. Also if weav is cb beat up ur kinda fucked cuz colbur only triggers once and will proceed to get a kill as long as the player plays it well. Fini helps with the cb weav matchup a bit more then bro does.

ScalchopFren

is my name really that hard to read?
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Spdef slowking can take like 1 physical move throughout the entire game before getting into lele 2hko range and spdef bro helps w/ tanking other moves. Also if weav is cb beat up ur kinda fucked cuz colbur only triggers once and will proceed to get a kill as long as the player plays it well. Fini helps with the cb weav matchup a bit more then bro does.
Ok then put the Torn over the Bro if that's the issue. No need for two bulky Waters. Torn being there would also mean being able to run Fini with something other than Defog so it works out that way too.

Probably more important I don't really like Knock Off on your Tornadus. It needs U-Turn I imagine, but 2 physical attacks on a -atk set seems bad to me. You have Knock Off on 4 mons, dropping it on the one who needs it least seems ok. Also you have ghost to cover much the same as dark, so it really feels redundant even w/ killing their item.
The thing is that Torn normally runs those two moves. Tornadus uses Knock Off as a utility move rather than a damage dealing move, the same can be said for U-Turn.

Though I agree there's not thay much point stacking so many Knock Off users at it lowers the power for Weavile and Kart, making it harder to break.

Make Torn Superpower over Knock Off to lure Blissey for Dragapult. No nature change is needed. Make Kartana Band, you have Weavile as a Swords Dance user.

Heatran is not an answer to Lele, it actually worsens the match up as Kartana outspeeds and knocks it out unlike Heatran which is a slow defensive Pokemon that gets OHKO'd by Lele.

The purpose of Sp. Def Slowbro/Phys. Def Slowking is to be a mixed wall to allow it to soft check both of the things Slowbro and Slowking would normally check on their own. For example Slowbro is a counter to Urshifu however the same isn't for Slowking. Mixed sets allow for Slowking to check Urshifu while still handling special attackers it normally would, say Nidoking and vice versa for Slowbro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)