SS OU calm mind slurpuff

1663787915959.png

Slurpuff has always been an adorable but underrated design to me (please give it more love), so I decided to build a team around it :3

1663788014605.png

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Cotton Guard
- Draining Kiss
- Flamethrower
The most common slurpuff sets are sticky webs suicide lead and belly drum, but I wanted to try something different, so I decided to use a calm mind unburden sweeping set. Not only does this set have a surprise factor, it is also very easily to accumulate boosts within a few turns with unburden, cotton guard and calm mind. Draining kiss lets u regain health while flamethrower provides coverage for steel types. The speed lets u outspeed jolly scarf kartana after an unburden boost. However, letting slurpuff sweep requires enough chip on pokemon as well as the removal of pokemon like heatran, g-slowking and toxapex which completely wall it, which is where the next few pokemon come in.

1663793229781.png

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
Defensive garchomp allows me to switch into and threaten out pokemon that wall slurpuff like heatran and g-slowking, and then set up stealth rocks or toxic while they are forced to switch out. Rough skin, stealth rock and toxic allows garchomp to accumulate chip damage on the opposing team for slurpuff to sweep. U can use rocky helmet over leftovers and something else over protect if u want.
1663793517779.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic
Heatran does what heatran does, it switches into moves like moonblasts for the team, and clicks magma storm to severely chip the opponent. And speaking of magma storm, it combined with taunt, toxic and earth power can help remove walls such as blissey and toxapex which are a nuisance to slurpuff. I gave it 4 extra speed evs just to outspeed opposing spdef heatrans.
1663793670304.png

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
Tornadus-therian completes my 'chipping trio', clicking knock off everywhere to cripple the opponent. Hurricane and u-turn also helps with accumulating chip damage over the long game, while defog provides hazard removal. Regenerator also helps with the longevity of my team. The last three pokemon mentioned all focus on crippling the opposing side with chip damage throughout the game with item removal, hazards, magma storm and more.
1663793899073.png

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Body Press
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport
Of course, just a slurpuff and three pokemon focused on chipping things isn't enough to break through teams. Future sight slowbro combined with good old weavile exerts a good amount of offensive pressure, forcing the opponent into difficult situations where they will have to sacrifice the health of key pokemon on their teams like landorus-t or toxapex. Defensively, slowbro's typing also complements the other defensive pokemon, forming a regen core with tornadus while providing a much needed water resistance against threats like urshifu-r. Colbur berry and body press helps with the team's big weavile weakness, so slowbro can't be easily thrown away in a matchup against weavile.
1663794173496.png

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
Weavile provides some speed and offensive pressure, which the team lacked. Swords dance is its bread and butter set, with triple axel and knock off as its strong stabs. It pairs really well with future sight slowbro, which lets it remove toxapex from the equation for slurpuff to wreck havoc, but at the same time can also switch into future sights from opposing g-slowkings and threaten it out. Weavile's high speed and ice shard also stops fast attackers or set up sweepers like dragapult and dragonite from easily sweeping the team which is pretty slow otherwise.

The team focuses on accumulating chip damage and slowly removing tanky pokemon in the way for slurpuff or weavile (or just any pokemon with a good match up) to win in the end. The team does struggle against strong water type special attackers, like volcanion, and maybe some other pokemon that I haven't noticed yet. It might not be the best, but it is definitely a lot of fun to use!

I must sadly admit that I think Slurpuff is a bit of a gimmick, and I don't think there's a good reason to use it in top level play. That being said, you've done a very nice job at giving Slurpuff a chance to sweep here. Very creative team, and I like how you tried to support it with good pokemon instead of just throwing on more wack stuff for the sake of being wack. I love Slurpuff, top 5 mons easily. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)