Ubers Calm Mind Miraidon [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Electro Drift / Parabolic Charge
move 2: Draco Meteor / Dazzling Gleam / Dragon Pulse
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Overheat / Substitute
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Hadron Engine
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Dragon / Fairy

• Calm Mind turns Miraidon into a powerful wallbreaker, using passive walls such as Corviknight, Dondozo, and Blissey as setup fodder.
  • Electro Drift is a powerful STAB move, while Parabolic Charge increases Miraidon's staying power greatly. Both are boosted by Electric Terrain from Hadron Engine.
  • Draco Meteor should only be used with Tera Dragon and Life Orb, as, after Terastallizing, it has solid chances to OHKO Ting-Lu at +1 and 2HKOes Clodsire. Dazzling Gleam can be used instead with Tera Fairy and Life Orb, as it OHKOes Koraidon, OHKOes Great Tusk, and 2HKOes Ting-Lu after Terastralizing Fairy and with a Life Orb. Dragon Pulse is a STAB option with no drawbacks, but the loss in power is significant.
  • Overheat threatens Steel-types such as Iron Treads and Kingambit. Substitute can be used instead to set up safely against passive walls such as Corviknight, Dondozo, and Garganacl. Substitute + Parabolic Charge lets Miraidon act as a solid wincon, recovering from chip damage behind its Substitute and cleaning a weakened team. However, without Overheat, Iron Treads walls Miraidon completely.
  • Besides boosting Dazzling Gleam, Tera Fairy removes Miraidon's weaknesses to Ice and Ground, which lets it beat foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk.

[CREDITS]
-Written by: [[Eledyr, 415367]]
-Quality checked by: [[ox04, 507268], [Fc, 511624]]
-Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:
Draco Meteor, Life Orb and tera Dragon should be first slash. If you aren't using this then why are you even using CM? Specs is a much better wallbreaker (if you aren't using this), HDB is a much better mid-game attacker and scarf is a much better revenge killer. So the reason must be to cleave trough defensive cores in a way that specs can't, and that's done by exploiting protect instead od being ruined by it with CM. And what better use of that than like this:
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Hadron Engine Tera Dragon Miraidon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 471-556 (91.6 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

I can see why you would want to use a tera Fairy set with Dgleam, but that's higher maintanance and requires my next suggestion even more. Overheat first slash over Sub. If you don't have this Treads is a pain in the ass to deal with, especially if you're using tera Fairy. How are you aiaming to break trough a spinner who takes 0 from both attacks. Do I really have to explain Overheat?

I think thats pretty much it, QC 1/2 after implementation. If you disagree with something hit me up on Discord.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
I think the synergy between Parabolic Charge and sub should be mentioned, it's one of the big draws of running sub because you won't just die to chip and can actually sweep in the right position.

Tera Fairy removes Miraidon's weaknesses to Ice and Ground and lets it KO foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk. It also boosts Dazzling Gleam, letting it 2HKO Ting-Lu after Spikes damage and minimal chip damage.
252 SpA Life Orb Hadron Engine Tera Fairy Miraidon Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 291-346 (56.6 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It always 2HKO's with Life Orb, I'd specify if you mean that Leftovers needs chip damage, but you also don't need to say Spikes and chip damage just say chip damage since after a spike it doesn't always 2HKO

Draco Meteor should only be used with Tera Dragon and Life Orb, as it OHKOes Ting-Lu at +1 with minimal chip damage, and 2HKOes Unaware Clodsire.
I'd also mention here that it's actually a roll to kill Ting-Lu from full, that's a big draw of this set, the fact that chip isn't needed 50% of the time if you need to just go for it early on

I also agree w ox that Draco + Dragon should be slashed above Dpulse at the very least. I'd usually have it first since I think it's just better than the Fairy move set but I'll hear it out if you feel strongly about it, message in the discord if you disagree w me here.

QC 2/2
Stamp.gif

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
I think the synergy between Parabolic Charge and sub should be mentioned, it's one of the big draws of running sub because you won't just die to chip and can actually sweep in the right position.

252 SpA Life Orb Hadron Engine Tera Fairy Miraidon Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vessel of Ruin Ting-Lu: 291-346 (56.6 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It always 2HKO's with Life Orb, I'd specify if you mean that Leftovers needs chip damage, but you also don't need to say Spikes and chip damage just say chip damage since after a spike it doesn't always 2HKO

I'd also mention here that it's actually a roll to kill Ting-Lu from full, that's a big draw of this set, the fact that chip isn't needed 50% of the time if you need to just go for it early on

I also agree w ox that Draco + Dragon should be slashed above Dpulse at the very least. I'd usually have it first since I think it's just better than the Fairy move set but I'll hear it out if you feel strongly about it, message in the discord if you disagree w me here.

QC 2/2
View attachment 486661
Implemented, since both you and ox mentioned Draco Meteor as the first slash, I did it.

GP Team

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Electro Drift / Parabolic Charge
move 2: Draco Meteor / Dazzling Gleam / Dragon Pulse
move 3: Calm Mind
move 4: Overheat / Substitute
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Hadron Engine
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
tera type: Dragon / Fairy

• Calm Mind turns Miraidon into a powerful wallbreaker, using passive walls such as Corviknight, Dondozo, (AC) and Blissey as setup fodders. fodder.
  • Electro Drift is a powerful STAB boosted by Hadron Engine, move, while Parabolic Charge increases greatly Miraidon's staying power greatly. Both are boosted by Electric Terrain from Hadron Engine.
  • Draco Meteor should only be used with Tera Dragon and Life Orb, as, after Terastallizing, (I assume so?) it has solid chances to OHKO Ting-Lu at +1, and it +1 and 2HKOes Clodsire. Dazzling Gleam can be used instead with Tera Fairy and Life Orb, as it OHKOes Koraidon, OHKOes Great Tusk, and 2HKOes Ting-Lu after Terastralizing Fairy and with a Life Orb. Terastallizing. Dragon Pulse is a STAB option with no drawbacks, but the loss in power is significant.
  • Overheat threatens Steel-types such as Iron Treads and Kingambit. Substitute can be used instead to setup set up safely against passive walls such as Corviknight, Dondozo, and Garganacl. Substitute + Parabolic Charge let lets Miraidon acts act as a solid win condition, allowing it to recover from the wincon, recovering from chip damage behind its Substitute and clean cleaning a weakened team. However, without Overheat, Iron Treads walls Miraidon completely.
  • Besides boosting Dazzling Gleam, Tera Fairy removes Miraidon's weaknesses to Ice and Ground and Ground, which lets it KO beat foes like Iron Bundle and Great Tusk. It also boosts Dazzling Gleam, letting it 2HKO Ting-Lu after minimal chip damage.
(add credits; i'm Adeleine, 517429)
Adeleine-1.gif

GP Team done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)