Programming Calculator of a given move's overall Raw Attack Power

Do you think this program could be useful ?

• Total voters
This following thread may be a revolution in competitive Pokémon.

RAPCalculators are tools that gives you any move's overall attack power and are able to return a given move's RAP (Raw Attack Power), classified in different types :
- FRAP (Factual Raw Attack Power) is the most simple type of RAP. It takes in account a move's base power, accuracy, critical hit rate, and number of hits.
- WRAP (Wide Raw Attack Power) also takes in account secondary effects (additionnal damage, possibilty of fliching or inflicting poison/burn)
- DRAP (Demographic Raw Attack Power) takes in account overall power on usage of each Pokémon in all tiers using the Showdown! most common mons list for rates
- GRAP (Great Raw Attack Power) is the ultimate RAP, taking the characteristics of both DRAP and WRAP to make the result as precise as possible

This tool helps you decide the optimal attack that will overall do the most damage on long term. This may create an important change to the way we bulid teams and choose the right moveset, but also makes it easier to evaluate power difference with multi-hits and highly critical attacks compared to more standard moves.

The origins of this calculating method came to me watching one of Fildrong's videos as he was analyzing Urshifu, and talked about 100% critical rate by saying it basically just raised base power, and made the attack's power simply higher. But you can't have critical hits on top of the higher critical hit ratios, so the probability should be stabilized with all types of ratio to create a truly universal attack power value. That's how I started working on FRAP, using Python.

I already posted a presentation of this yesterday but went too fast. The file is now shorter and works correctly on top of having way more detail. As I am writing these lines, only FRAP can be calculated but I hope to be able to do more soon. Updates will be provided on the RAPCalculators GitHub page. I hope you're all as excited as me for this :-)

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)