Tournaments BWPL III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Welcome to the third ever BWPL. This thread is for the signups for those who wish to manage in the tour. Information about the tournament can be found at the Announcements and Administrative Decisions Thread. The hosts for BWPL are Perish Song and Theia.

When signing up, YOU MUST SIGN WITH AN ASSISTANT MANAGER and state who they are. Managers and Assistant Managers will be able to purchase themselves for 15k credits each prior to the draft (subjected to the retention rules found below) if they wish to do so.

Please sign up using the following format:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager:
Team Name:

Managers will be chosen based on experience in BW tournaments, their level of involvement in the community and knowledge of the playerbase, their general competence, and prowess in managing in other high level tournaments in other tiers. If you do sign up, it would be worth explaining why you and your assistant manager would be good picks with relation to the above criteria.

Teams will be allowed to retain players from the previous BW PL under the following stipulations:
  • Each team will be allowed to retain at most 3 players from their retain pool (TBD) and self-purchasing managers (so if you choose to self purchase 1 manager you only get 2 retains etc.).
  • Teams must notify the host team of any retains prior to the player auction.
  • Price will be the larger of either the players BWPL II auction price + 3k or 10k.
  • Managers who were self-bought in BWPL II will not be eligible for retention.
The format of this tournament:
BW Ubers
BW OU
BW OU
BW OU
BW UU
BW RU
BW NU
BW PU
BW ZU
BW LC

Signups will close on Sunday, June 11th.

Manager: Feaniix
Assistant Manager: Fantos13
Team Name: tbd

we managed last time and lost unfortunately the final for myself i played a lot of ou and reached often the last rounds + played most lower tiers this year in uufpl,rupl,nupl and nu snake. so got a lot of tier experience. fantos has good managing experience with gscpl + hosted german pl

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Team Name: Daves Druddigon
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Leru
Bio, (including accomplishments and why you would make a good manager): On top of Larry being a mainstay in BW team tournaments, I have like six trophies under my belt as a manager as well between SCL and WCoP proving that Larry and I have the grit and skill set to win this tournament,

Larry and I managed Create-A-Pokemon Champions League, Germany Premier League, UnderUsed Farm Premier League and Sun and Moon Premier League together. Additionally, we are currently managing Advanced Premier League, Sword and Shield Premier League, Diamond, Pearl & Platinum Premier League, Video Game Championship Premier League, NeverUsed Premier League and Pet Mods Premier League together. In Tony's words: we accumulated more managing experience this year alone than he did in his entire career. Z Strats, dex, Monai, Hayburner, The Strap, tazz, Potatochan, Fc, ima, SOMALIA, Vileman, Sylvi, tier, Riesen_Oschi, Empo, lax, devin, Estarossa, TPP, MTB, Lily, Dj Breloominati, riopaser, IcebergVGC, airfare, LBN, Cubic Skunk, SuperEpicAmpharos, ZardicharVGC, Laroxyl, fade, keys, Highlord, HSOWA, The Kyle, Booty, tlenit, Megumi, D2TheW, gorex, xray, Xrn, Liones, Spellcaster, Grandmas Cookin, Mishimono, JesseVG, ArcticBreeze, NHelioX7, corvere, xtra$hine, Danny, crying, Mashing, GoldCat, Christos, zee, Xiri, Aurora, Die Ebenenspinne, phoopes, Akaru Kokuyo, MangoSteak, Joya, Theia, Fantos13, Lasen, QWILY, Nineveh, termi, Inder, LRXC, Beka, Memoric, Nightingales, Shiba, Staxi, sierradawn, RufflesPro, Clementine, Jhonx~, Sificon, elednb, roxie, Star, Tagmouse27, StriiderVGC, Oriol Plaza, Baloor, Tabu_24, fakenagol, Sparksblade, Lialiabeast, Micciu and Aqua Jet can all attest to the prowess and competence that Larry and I have as managers.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
Manager: Jisoo
Assistant Manager: SBPC
Team name: Twist Mountaineers

We both have a lot of playing experience in BW. I've been an active BW player for the past year and a half, making two deep official tournament runs. SBPC has managed this tournament twice now and has also managed community initiatives to rewrite BW analyses in several tiers. They are familiar with all the BW lower tiers. Together, we're a well rounded core that will put our best into our team.

Last edited:
Manager: me
Comanager: dababy
Name: Maryland Moonmen
They call me 007. 0 manager experience, 0 tour experience, 7 times more likely to win than everyone else. Me and DaBaby are extremely active in the BWOU community. He’s a gentle giant with a heart of gold who’s always eager to bring his homies with him, and I wanna free Darkrai. I future sight myself winning BWPL with DaBaby by my side by a country mile, and I want the chance to prove myself.

Manager: ElectricityCat
Comanager: ziloXX
Name: Soul Society

Both of us have played in several BW tournaments, achieving quite good results both within and outside of Smogon, some of which include low tiers, such as the RoA Olympics.

Regarding managers' experience, ziloXX has participated in GSC-BW editions, reaching the playoffs in all of them. As for myself, I was manager for both editions of ORAS PL, achieving victory in both. Also, we are currently both managers in the ongoing DPP PL and are performing well.

Ina fable

Ando bien Inflamable
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
Manager : seroo
Comanager: Me
name:: Castelia City Clodsires

We may not be known that much in the community but were starting to get reconised , both of us have been in quite a few team tours already including seroo playing in monowcop , ndwcop , monoblt and the current OMPL and BLT and me also playing in most of those + BSSwcop and the current blt , bdsppl , sspl and currently in round 5 of ru open. To summarize , we both have quite a bit of competetive experience and understand how a manager should act and help support/build a team

Last edited:

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Manager: 3d
Comanager: Rewer
Team Name: Zealous Zekroms

Rewer and I would make a great manager pair for this tournament. My BW knowledge can be exemplified through the BW Seasonal that recently took place that I won. I have been an avid BW tester during SPL and playing BWPL last season gave me a much better grasp of the community and all of the tiers. Rewer is a long-standing member of the BW community and a very great playe. He is a two time former SPL champion and his knowledge of Black & White extends throughout the last 10 years of the metagame. Together we make a great blend of experience and eyes for talent so we will make an excellent pair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)