Resource BW Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Has a BW1 pre-BW2 format ever been considered? Like a format that's just identical to BW OU the day before BW2 released (this could be applicable to most old gens, but BW is the old gen I'd like to see do this the most, so I'm asking it here). This seems like a very fun thing to do. I understand metas develop and all, but this would be nice for people that weren't there to experience it and fun in general. Plus, this isn't easily done with a challenge code, especially when considering the move tutor moves. And I'm sure this wouldn’t get much activity, but it would be nice for it to at least be a challengeable format.

(I know my other post was the latest question asked. sry. just very curious about this)
I would love to play BW1 again too, it is my teenage years generation and has huge nostalgic value to me, but there are some problems. I don't think there are enough players, it's hard to code it, and there are a fair amount of meta team comps that are BW1-legal so odds are people would just use those instead of cooking...

I would love to play BW1 again too, it is my teenage years generation and has huge nostalgic value to me, but there are some problems. I don't think there are enough players, it's hard to code it, and there are a fair amount of meta team comps that are BW1-legal so odds are people would just use those instead of cooking...
would it be hard to code? Im not a tech guy, but isn't it just minor changes to current BW ou. Just some bans, unbans and move tutor stuff.

would it be hard to code? Im not a tech guy, but isn't it just minor changes to current BW ou. Just some bans, unbans and move tutor stuff.
There's a lot, like, illegal movesets (superpower+multiscale dnite, stealth rock+poison heal gliscor), unreleased DW abilities (regenerator amoongus, sheer force landorus-i), bans, etc.

Too much research to do and special "rules" to add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)