OU BW OverUsed Ladder Achievements [Custom Avatar Prize Available]

Charliezard7

formerly Carlosmh7
Claiming bronze spirits (monoflying)

The team: https://pokepast.es/b6c01ba392820bc7

Explanation: so there I was bored af and discovered I can actually have fun playing the BW OU ladder with a monoflying team. Xatu is a staple to prevent Stealth Rocks obviously. I went with Reflect so Ttar had a harder time trying to Pursuit trap, and it also helped my sweepers set up. First I built an average Skarm lead, but soon noticed defensive was a better option to shrug off hits from Latios, Excadrill and other threats. Even though my team is offensively oriented, I opted for a defensive backbone which really helped out imo. Dnite is the typical Lum Dragon Dance set, but I chose Fire Punch over Earthquake to hit Ferrothorn and Skarmory for good damage. Next up is Gyarados, the second set up sweeper. Its STABS are great even though bounce can be sometimes unreliable against sub or tect mons. I went with Metronome as the held item because I noticed it racks up incredible amounts of damage, and soon, even walls that resist waterfall lose the 1v1. Substitute was mandatory because I wasn't running Lum. Also, I tried Specs Thundurus-T as my wallbreaker (BAD), and I'll probably change it to sub agility because it was easily exploited by Tentacruel scouting with Protect. It relied too much on prediction and it felt like flipping a coin each time I chose a move. Lastly, as I enjoy gen 5 crits that much, I went with Honchkrow as my Reuniclus answer. Super Luck + Scope Lens + Night Slash has a decent chance of critting (33% LOL), and Sucker Punch helped overcome its mid speed as a solid revenge killer. I'm not good at writing this kind of stuff but I felt it would be more interesting than just posting the replay and team. Now I'm gonna try climbing the ladder higher. See ya!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)