OU BW OU Team Building Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Looks like we have a tie this week! Both team 3 and team 4 received 3 votes, leaving us needing a tiebreaker. I'll vote for Separation's team 4, therefor:

This week's winning team : Team 4: :mew::garchomp::keldeo::jirachi::latios::latias: by Separation

Congrats!

This week's challenge is going to be Conkeldurr

The deadline is a week from now. Looking forward to what you all come up with!

Gamer1234556

"Because... Scald is a shit Ferro answer!!!"
Friendship ended with Smurf HO, Dual Screens is now my new friend!!!

:azelf::mew::conkeldurr::scizor::latias::keldeo:

:azelf: Suicide Leads are pretty few and far in between in BW OU cuz of Team Preview. However, that doesn't mean that they can't be useful. Thanks to its high Speed, Azelf is always guaranteed to get at least one Screen up unless you are facing the equally fringe Taunt Aerodactyl. Dual Screens is especially necessary for Conk as it otherwise has some really lousy defensive utility.

:mew: I have been tinkering a lot more with Mew BP nowadays since I realised that Speed Passing to slower foes can actually be really big, especially since your speed control options in the tier are very limited. In contrast to the previous team, I had Taunt over Soft-Boiled so that Mew can better deal with Jellicent. Max HP means that Jellicent never breaks your Sub in 1 turn.

:conkeldurr: The one and only. I am going to pretty frank here and say that Conkeldurr is not a great pokemon in BW OU. My biggest issue would have to be the fact that it contributes absolutely nothing to the greater metagame in constrast to other fighters such as Keldeo, Breloom and Terrakion. That said, it did allow me the excuse to use a completely different team style in contrast to the same bog standard Psyspam-Rain-Smurf Teams roaming around OU nowadays: Dual Screens HO. Taunt over Mach Punch prevents me from being CM Reuniclus fodder and since Conk is one of my Speed Recievers, doesn't really need Mach Punch. Fun Fact: +2 Max Speed Conk with Neutral Nature can outspeed base Latios.

:scizor: The bane of Psyspam. Really, I think that Scizor is generally a pretty solid partner (and a generally good mon overall) alongside Conkeldurr cuz of how hard Conkeldurr clunks against Psyspam. I decided to use Fighting Gem to thwart Skarmory's attempts to Whirlwind you.

:latias: A strange choice at first, but it does have one niche that Latias has: Healing Wish. It is also one of my best countermeasures against Smurf since Latias can Para a +1 Volc, leaving it to be revenge killed by Keldeo.

:keldeo: Ghost Gem Keldeo with Speed Passing can be an absolute nightmare to deal with as I pointed out in my previous post. The fact that you outspeed Latios and Zam and can run them over (even better if you are behind Sub) is absolutely bonkers.

Fakee

LA FLAME
is a Tutor
why is this so dead

:conkeldurr: :tornadus: :jirachi: :magnezone: :kyurem-black: :metagross:

the idea of this team is simple, Metagross as suicide lead i liked because most of the time it will always hold a hit from any threat thanks to its stats, the 124 in speed is to suppress Rotom-Wash in speed, so you have two options, go explosion or put rocks, Tornadus and Jirachi in this type of team is a pretty good core, you can pivot with Jirachi and thus cause the opponent to be in constant pressure because he does not want to let Conkeldurr have an input and activate his ability, also thanks to Jirachi's spread it can withstand hits like Latios Scarf/Specs or Alakazam, Tornadus with its high priority helps a lot with Tailwind which helps the team, Magnezone makes things a little bit easier for Jirachi and Kyurem Black and even for Conkeldurr which is the base of the team, thanks to its incredible physical ATK stats and varied moveset it benefits greatly when Tailwind is on the battlefield, capable of getting at least 2 or 3 kills if played well

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
A haiku:
Conk is slow and strong
Trick Room can make slow go fast
Conk now fast and strong

:Conkeldurr: :Reuniclus: :Jirachi: :Rotom-Wash: :Latios: :Dragonite:

A couple Trick Room setters and some slower hard-hitters. BW1 era core of OTR Reuniclus + Conkeldurr, with some slightly revamped sets, steal the show, but CB Dragonite is clutch, especially with Espeed vs offenses, and Jirachi can set the table well. Rotom-Wash is mainly a pivot and defensive glue piece while Latios is a true revenge killer and check to Thundurus-Therian and Keldeo if needed. Not much else -- this one is pretty straightforward, but the Reuniclus lives Specs Draco from Latios and 2 Signal Beam from Alakazam if needed.

I dont normally teambuild, but thought it would be fun:

1636306615342.png1636306678579.png1636306699115.png1636306721352.png1636306735549.png1636306745197.png

The idea behind the team is skarm gets at least rocks and a spike against most teams, gengar can be used to block spin. Then, lati sets up screens which allows cloy and dnite to set up. Anything left is for conk to pick off pretty much. Will inevitably struggle against rain as most HO teams do, but i feel like it has the tools to play against common builds to some degree of success.

Ik its past the deadline, but figured i may as well post anyways

1636059281888.png1636059243595.png1636059222418.png 1636059306341.png1636067769700.png1636307158881.png
one of my biggest problems with rain is how poorly is performs vs spike stacking sand teams especially with rotom/jellicent
conkeldurr is generally able to switch into there rotom/jellicent absorb the burn and deal alot of damage scizor allows you to destroy the psychics that conkeldurr has alot of trouble with

now why not just use rachi and breloom?
that rain variant is not nearly strong enough to apply alot of pressure to those teams they will just get eaten up by spikes however this team is able to punch holes in those teams with conkeldurr being able to hit everything except reun which is scared of cb scizor.

1636059281888.png: politoad is used to set up rain its generally going to switch in when needed to reset weather it spreads burn and cant be replaced

1636067769700.png: scizor is used as anti magic guard it also the main revenge killer

1636059306341.png: tentacruel is used for rapid spin this team will be eaten alive without the squid

1636307164374.png
: thundurus is the volt blocker and main win con you want agillity so you 6 0 smurf

1636059222418.png: latios is gonna fire off dracos and put alot of pressure on the opponents steels/ttar allowing thundurus/scizor to go crazy

1636059243595.png: conkeldurr is used as your status absorber it wont switch into toxic protect keld but you can use tentacruel to check that. conk is a much more offensive breloom that can break physical walls leftovers are used for longevity because this thing will be absorbing all those burns and if you run life orb you wont have sheer force to negate the chip

Last edited:

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am very late with getting voting up, sorry :(
Finchinator by default won "Poem of the Week" with his Haiku, but now lets vote for team of the week!!!

Team 1 :azelf::mew::conkeldurr::scizor::latias::keldeo: by Gamer1234556
Team 2 :conkeldurr: :tornadus: :jirachi: :magnezone: :kyurem-black: :metagross: by Fakee
Team 3 :Conkeldurr: :Reuniclus: :Jirachi: :Rotom-Wash: :Latios: :Dragonite: by Finchinator
Team 4 1636306615342.png1636306678579.png1636306699115.png1636306721352.png1636306735549.png1636306745197.png by marsandback
Team 5 :politoed::Latios::tentacruel::conkeldurr::scizor::thundurus-Therian: by lezzz_goo

Voting closes in 3 days

Reminder: You can only vote for one individual, and individuals who submitted can not vote for themselves.

Last edited:
1636059281888.png1636059243595.png1636059222418.png 1636059306341.png1636067769700.png1636307158881.png
one of my biggest problems with rain is how poorly is performs vs spike stacking sand teams especially with rotom/jellicent
conkeldurr is generally able to switch into there rotom/jellicent absorb the burn and deal alot of damage scizor allows you to destroy the psychics that conkeldurr has alot of trouble with

now why not just use rachi and breloom?
that rain variant is not nearly strong enough to apply alot of pressure to those teams they will just get eaten up by spikes however this team is able to punch holes in those teams with conkeldurr being able to hit everything except reun which is scared of cb scizor.

1636059281888.png: politoad is used to set up rain its generally going to switch in when needed to reset weather it spreads burn and cant be replaced

1636067769700.png: scizor is used as anti magic guard it also the main revenge killer

1636059306341.png: tentacruel is used for rapid spin this team will be eaten alive without the squid

1636307164374.png
: thundurus is the volt blocker and main win con you want agillity so you 6 0 smurf

1636059222418.png: latios is gonna fire off dracos and put alot of pressure on the opponents steels/ttar allowing thundurus/scizor to go crazy

1636059243595.png: conkeldurr is used as your status absorber it wont switch into toxic protect keld but you can use tentacruel to check that. conk is a much more offensive breloom that can break physical walls leftovers are used for longevity because this thing will be absorbing all those burns and if you run life orb you wont have sheer force to negate the chip
I am very late with getting voting up, sorry :(
Finchinator by default won "Poem of the Week" with his Haiku, but now lets vote for team of the week!!!

Team 1 :azelf::mew::conkeldurr::scizor::latias::keldeo: by Gamer1234556
Team 2 :conkeldurr: :tornadus: :jirachi: :magnezone: :kyurem-black: :metagross: by Fakee
Team 3 :Conkeldurr: :Reuniclus: :Jirachi: :Rotom-Wash: :Latios: :Dragonite: by Finchinator
Team 4 1636306615342.png1636306678579.png1636306699115.png1636306721352.png1636306735549.png1636306745197.png by marsandback
Team 5 :politoed::Latios::tentacruel::conkeldurr::scizor::thundurus-Therian: by lezzz_goo

Voting closes in 3 days

Reminder: You can only vote for one individual, and individuals who submitted can not vote for themselves.
i vote for team 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)