Announcement BW OU Secret Santa 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Op largely stolen from similiar threads [DPP OU Secret Santa 2021 and RBY Secret Santa Thread 2021] Sign up for these as well!
pngwing.com.png

Secret Santa is an event in which the members of a community anonymously exchange gifts between themselves. In this particular Secret Santa, which, deep down, will work similarly to a teambuilding workshop, each person who signs up will PM me with a Pokemon or a core (I'll provide more information on this below) they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it until the submission deadline. Finally, the teams will be sent to the people who requested them and this thread will be used for further discussion. Easy, isn't it? Let's get to the rules then!​

General Rules:
  1. Must be in BW OU only.
  2. Post In to join, You must also PM me on Smogon what Pokemon / core you are requesting.
  3. Do not sign up unless you are committed to finishing the team in time.
  4. Avoid telling people what you recieved. this ruins the purpose of the project.
  5. Please avoid requesting choices that are completely unviable. Lets have fun making the teams, so feel free to think outside of the box, but lets not give someone the impossible task of making Qwilfish work in the OU. The goal is to have fun, not revolutionize the meta.
Submission Rules:
  • Each request submission should be sent to me through Smogon PM. You don't need to do it right after signing up, but if you fail to do it until the deadline then your sign up will be void. Smogon PM makes things much easier for me than messaging me on Discord or PS!
  • Requests will be looked at on a case by case basis, but as long as you submit something semi reasonable, it should be fine.
  • Cores are usually preferred over individual Pokemon unless one of the Pokemon is known to be hard to build around or straight up uncommon. Once again, this will be looked into on a case by case basis, and while I might not directly enforce anything, I could end up suggesting changes. A vague description such as "No Dragonite Hyper Offense" is also acceptable.
  • If you want your requested Pokemon or core to have specific sets, you're allowed to mention it.
  • After sign ups close, I'll use the same PM each user sent with their request in order to let them know the Pokemon or core that was assigned to them. I will also tell you who you are building for. Once you're done building, bump the PM with the end result.
  • Similarly to the Pokemon/core requests, it is preferred that you keep teams viable. However, you can try to feature less common elements if you prefer it that way. Just keep in mind that the goal is not to gimp people's creativity, so feel free to go wild if it fits you best!
  • A short description is appreciated, but not required.

Recommendations:
  • Don't be afraid to join just because you feel like your teambuilding skills aren't on par, this is a fun event and it can be used to improve your teambuilding skills!
  • You're allowed to change requests until the sign up deadline, but I would prefer if you didn't swap too much!
  • Have fun!
TL;DR
  • Signup in this thread and PM me your core or individual Pokemon of choice through Smogon PM before 11:59 PM GMT-5 on December 12th.
  • Once the signup deadline passes (December 12th), I will use the same Smogon PM to tell you the core or individual Pokemon you got. I will also tell you who you are building for.
  • You have until the building deadline (11:59 PM GMT-5 on December 24th) to build your team and send it back using the same Smogon PM.
  • On Christmas (December 25th), I will distribute the teams to everyone through the original Smogon PM.
Building deadline will be December 24th 11:59 PM GMT-5
Teams will be distributed on December 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)