Pet Mod Burst Wishes

:bw/serperior:
Serperior
Type Given
:

Ability: Multiscale
Stats: 75 / 85 (+10) / 85 (-10) / 75 / 85 (-10) / 123 (+10)
Buffed Move: Synthesis |
|
| 5 PP | In addition to restoring HP, also cleanses the party's status
Description: Sun Setup Sweeper / Sun Staller / Emergency Cleric

:bw/emboar:
Emboar
Type Given
:

Ability: Unaware
Stats: 130 (+20) / 123 / 65 / 90 (-10) / 65 / 55 (-10)
Buffed Move: Heat Crash |
|
| 5 PP | 120 BP | 100 Acc | If the target is holding an item that restores HP, on hit, that item is destroyed and the user restores 1/3 of their max HP.
Description: Zhu Bajie reference

:bw/samurott:
Samurott
Type Given:

Ability: Air Lock
Stats: 95 / 100 / 75 / 108 / 70 / 70
Buffed Move: Razor Shell |
|
| 10 PP | 70 BP | 95 Acc | Physical + Contact if it would be stronger. (Shell Side Arm effect) Always lands a critical hit.
Description: Strong water breaker that cannot utilize Rain, but in return avoids residual many forms of residual damage

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Alright, good job everyone! We will now begin voting! Pick your top 3 for each Pokemon, ordered from most to least favored! Self-votes are not allowed first!

Last edited:
1678398043975.png
Hematite, Lord Zorz (sv), Yung Dramps - These are the only submissions that add enough speed to Samurott and actual fix it's issue when it bursts, I don't think even this will be enough to make it viable but I believe it's the best route and hence why I'm only voting for these.
1678398123006.png
Bloopy, Sharpen42, Tanny - Serp's burst options are a mix of "Wow I like the stats on this one, but the move change makes bile come to my throat" or "This ability ruins this concept but the move is pretty solid" or "With these stats it will do nothing." I don't think anyone really nailed this concept down perfectly, but Bloopy comes the closest. This is why I didn't submit for it, I really couldn't think of how to fix it.
1678398473143.png
Rasdanation, Sharpen42, Jazzmat - A surprise, but a welcome one... Every idea for this 'mon seems really unique and cool! I had real trouble choosing which ones I liked the most.

OH yikes I never actually posted my votes!
Oops
This was really tough because there were a lot more than three I wanted to support for each one :'D but I think I will go with this:

:serperior: Burst Serperior
1) BlueRay
2) sharpen42
3) jazzmat​

:emboar: Burst Emboar
1) jazzmat
2) Yung Dramps
3) abismal​

:samurott: Burst Samurott
1) Tanny89k
2) Hematite (self-vote)
3) Lord Zorz​

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
And that's a wrap! Thanks for voting, now let's meet our winners!

:bw/serperior:
Serperior
Type Given
:

Ability: Infiltrator
Stats: HP 75 / Atk 55 / Def 85 / SpA 105 / SpD 105 / Spe 103 | BST 528
Buffed Move: Leaf Storm |
|
| 5/8 PP | 90 BP | 95% acc | Raises the user's SpA by +1. | +0 priority
Description: This is kinda inspired both to how Serperior works with its HA, and to how Skeledirge works with its Torch Song. I wonder how it will work on a fast Pokemon with any secondary type.

Pokémon: Emboar
Type:

Stats: 110 / 123 / 75 / 70 / 75 / 75
Ability: Regenerator
Buffed Move: Flame Charge | Fire | Physical | 100 | 90% | Removes hazards on its side of the field, raising its Speed
Description: An offensive Pokémon with some defensive utility. It can combine recoil moves with Regenerator for continuous damage throughout the battle. Its various recoil moves synergize with the typing's it can receive, such as Wild Charge, Head Smash for Electric and Rock. It can even gain the Ground and Poison typing for Earthquake and Poison Jab, and depending on the team it may want more defensive utility in Scald, which it can pair itself with Water for. Bulk Up + Flame Charge is a dominant combo. An interesting gimmick could be comining it with Ghost for Curse to turn into a status move it can wear down opponents with and synergizes with Regenerator. It can run HP Ghost for further STAB if it wanted, as that move is slightly stronger in this game
Pokémon: Burst Samurott
Type Given: Water
Ability:
Purifying Salt

Stats
HP:
95 → 105 (+10)
Atk: 100 → 118 (+18)
Def: 85 → 85
SpA:
108 → 60 (-48)
SpD: 70 → 80 (+10)
Spe: 70 → 80 (+10)

Buffed Move: Razor Shell
Base Power: 75 → 90
Additional Effect: Target loses 1/8 of its HP every turn until it switches out

Description:
1) Flavour
Samurott's line is based on a sea otter, which is able to safely drink salt water thanks to its special kidneys. Hence, the choice of the ability: Purifying Salt. Moreover, the ability on Samurott can allude to misogi, which is a Japanese practice of ritual purification. Usually, you have to undergo some preeliminary ritual before you may stand under the waterfall, purifying your body. Samurais often partook in this ritual to cleanse their soul. Moreover, this was also useful to prepare the mind for training and to learn how to develop your own "energy centre". Against this background, Purifying Salt seemed like a perfect choice on Samurott!

2) Competitive
- Samurott can be used as a wallbreaker that is immune to status, which is pretty valuable on a physical attacker. Since it resists Water, it can switch into Scald without any problems. Many Water Pokémon also run Toxic, like Politoed or Tentacruel, so, that's one status less to worry about! Should a Pokémon survive, Samurott could still resort to Aqua Jet to take it out.
- BW's metagame seems to be centred around hazards and Sand. Therefore, Samurott's upgraded Razor Shell, which does additional residual damage, would fit there perfectly. The effect may seem strong but remember there's also Heatran's Magma Storm which is even stronger than that! Moreover, Storm Drain and Water Absorb Pokémon (like Gastrodon and Jellicent) are unaffected by Razor Shell's residual damage, just like how Flash Fire Pokémon are immune to Magma Storm!
- I wanted to emphasize the residual damage from Razor Shell because, in a way, it's kind of similar to Hisuain Samurott's Ceaseless Edge which sets Spikes. Depending on the context, they both deal extra damage. Moreover, I wanted to go away from a too offensive angle on Samurott because the competition would be very tough. Samurott has no reliable recovery, thus, it cannot switch very often in a game and is more limited to lategames. Furthermore, its physical movepool is kind of mediocre, and it would need to have a very high speed tier and Atk stat to be functional in the tier. And if you invest a lot into speed and offense, Samurott won't be able to stay long on the field and needs to be carefully maneuvred in a game. Add the many bulky and decently fast Pokémon in the metagame, and you have to put a lot of effort to justify Samurott on a team and make it work. What's more, samurais are skilled fighthers.
→ These are the reasons why I opted for a bulkier and more skill-rewarding approach on Samurott. This Pokémon has the flexibility to run a secondary typing of its choice to cover a team's needs and the bulk to be useful, especially with Leftovers and Purifying Salt. After all, not being worn down by status improves longevity. That said, Water/Steel covers Starmie and Latios, for instance. Water/Ground, on the other hand, turns Samurott into a useful check against Thundurus and Heatran. Water/Ghost walls Keldeo and spin blocks Starmie and Excadrill. On a team with hazards, potential Toxic, and Sand, Samurott and its upgraded Razor Shell would synergize very well with this team style. It also learns Knock Off, so, it can be even more useful.
Serperior
sharpen42 17
Blueray 14
Bloopyghost 12
anaconja 6
Tanny89k 3
jazzmat 3
Genuine_Angus_B33F 2

Emboar
abismal 18
Yung Dramps 16
Rasdanation 8
jazzmat 6
Bloopyghost 5
sharpen42 4
Genuine_Angus_B33F 1

Samurott
Blueray 18
Hematite 17
Tanny89k 5
Lord Zorz 5
Bloopyghost 5
zxgzxg 3
BlueRay 2
jazzmat 1
Yung Dramps 1
anaconja 1

Discuss the winners! Next slate will be up soon!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Oops! I made a booboo! Turns out while counting I didn't notice that abismal self-voted his Emboar submission first, which was not allowed! Now this wouldn't be so bad if conveniently either route of taking it out didn't still leave my own sub and his tied:
-If I were to swap his first and second place votes, we'd both have 17 votes
-If I just kicked out the self-vote, we'd both have 16

So yeah, looks like we're gonna need an impromptu tiebreaker vote! You can put these in discussion posts about the winners you may type! PICK ONLY ONE! I'm so sorry for how weird and haphazard this slate has been lmao I'm gonna try to do better next time

:serperior: Contrary lite. My head still empty in serp opinions, but stat boosting attacks hold a strong niche. Unfortunately Serperior will likely still struggle to see limelight due to its base form still being rather bad.
:samurott: Cool dude. I may not have voted it myself, but Samurott needed one of two things to really find itself more viable, boosted speed, or boosted defenses. This take addressed a bit of both, which will go a long way

:emboar: Tiebreaker Vote: Yung Dramps

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oops! I made a booboo! Turns out while counting I didn't notice that abismal self-voted his Emboar submission first, which was not allowed! Now this wouldn't be so bad if conveniently either route of taking it out didn't still leave my own sub and his tied:

So yeah, looks like we're gonna need an impromptu tiebreaker vote! You can put these in discussion posts about the winners you may type! PICK ONLY ONE! I'm so sorry for how weird and haphazard this slate has been lmao I'm gonna try to do better next time
The Regen Emboar gets my vote

voting Abismal

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Enough waiting has been done, let's move to...

Slate 2: Freestyle it!
Submit up to 3 of any Pokemon you want to see get a Burst form that isn't in Ubers or introduced after Unova!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)