SS OU Bulky Weavile/Magnezone (Help Wanted)

Here is the importable link: https://pokepast.es/1e375e2f5e574d00

This is a bulky offense team that I created for SS OU. Here are the sets and roles explained in detail:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off

Landorus-T is my chosen defogger. It is my best electric type counter (for pokemon like regielecki), and also useful in general for pivot and intimidate. 252 EVs in speed and a jolly nature allow it to safely U-turn out in a bad matchup without taking damage. 252 EVs in attack allows it to do maximum damage with earthquake, and OKHO certain walls like toxapex. Landorus-T is also my best switch in against a ground type move, like an earthquake from another Landorus-T or Garchomp. One of it's worst matchups is against an air balloon heatran, where if you use knock off, they use magma storm which does around 75% damage after the additional damage it does each turn! This can get really annoying, but I just have to sac Landorus-T as the rest of my team isn't much better against heatran either. After a lot of thought, I decided to not put stealth rocks on this and keep it on ferrothorn because I wanted to keep these four moves. Also, who runs defog and stealth rocks on the same pokemon?!

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

My hazard setter. It is mostly just used to set hazards, but I find it very useful mid-game as a bulk. Leech seed and gyro ball can get really annoying and force the opponent to keep switching. Ferrothorn is my main counter to pokemon like Tapu Lele, and if I know that a clefable does not have a fire move or a melmetal does not have a fighting move, then I can send ferrothorn out against them. Basically, ferrothorn counters most fairy and psychic types in the tier, while also countering otherwise annoying pokemon like Amoongus. Rocky helmet and iron barbs also make it really fun to predict a Surging Strikes or Triple Axel or Double Iron Bash.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic

Toxapex is my chosen toxic inflictor. I used the standard set with recover, scald, haze, and toxic. I prefer toxic to toxic spikes as I already had enough entry hazards and a defogger/rapid spinner would get really annoying. Haze is really useful to get rid of stat boosts and to prevent people from setting up on me. Toxapex really is useful late game when all the steel and poison types and main checks are gone. I have won so many games where at the end I just toxic stall for the win. Regenerator is useful to keep it from dying.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Tri Attack

Less seen in OU, Magnezone is also super useful. It can trap opposing steel types such as Corviknight, Heatran, and Melmetal, and then kill them. I needed something against steel types since they couldn't be toxiced, and I decided on Magnezone. Choice specs, 252 EVs in Special Attack, and a Modest Nature allow it to do maximum damage. Magnezone hits really hard and can be potentially deadly against other steel types. Heatran and Corviknight outspeed regularly, but they usually don't have much speed investment so Magnezone outspeeds after the EVs are added up. Magnezone however gets beaten up by Garchomp and Landorus-T so it will have to switch out to Landorus-T.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weavile is my best attacker, and useful to clean up late game. Making it adamant was a hard decision, as it loses speed, but it is worth it. Ice shard hits hard when it is super effective. Weavile cleans up both Landorus-T and Garchomp with ice shard, and ice shard can kill a weakened dragapult, rillaboom, or regielecki when used with hazards. Weavile is a good revenge killer outspeeding most of the tier and having priority. Low kick is used to heatran, ferrothorn, and other walls that it would otherwise have trouble breaking through.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

Clefable is a great bulk. It was a hard choice to make it unaware instead of magic guard, but it is worth it. Unaware allows it to break past swords dance garchomp, weavile, rillaboom, and calm mind latias and latios (and other calm mind clefable). It is also fun because everyone thinks I am running magic guard so I am able to surprise them by sending in clefable and walling them (both of us stack up calm mind/quiver dance and then I just win because I have unaware and they don't). Another use for clefable is for ferrothorn and kartana. Choice Scarf/Swords Dance (which does not work due to unaware) Kartana does 65.4 - 77.6% to clefable, so clefable tanks a hit and kills kartana with flamethrower. Flamethrower destroys ferrothorn and other annoying walls. Clefable's main nightmare is flash fire heatran, which 4x resists moonblast and is immune to fire. Moonblast also checks things like buzzwole. Calm mind and soft boiled lets it set up against special attackers.

As mentioned before, the main threats to this team are Heatran and Landorus-T among others.

Edit: I am thinking of replacing weavile with mamoswine as it has 10 more attack (making it a better ice shard user), can switch in to electric attacks, takes less damage from stealth rocks, has a much better ability, and has better defenses. I might also consider making it a lead and give it Superpower coverage, allowing it to OKHO air balloon Heatran. This would get rid of both the Heatran problem and the Landorus-T problem. The drawback would be that I don't have a psychic immunity which allows Slowbro to keep spamming future sight. So maybe if I put Mamoswine, I should give ferrothorn power whip instead of gyro ball so it hits slowbro (though I guess I already have magnezone). Thoughts on this would be appreciated.

So that's my team, hoping to get some constructive criticism!

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/b4c13822c963b5c6

I would swap one of the walls unless stall with sweepers is what you wanted. I added Rillaboom to the team to add grassy terrain in the situation of Zone or Pex is in front of something with earthquake (i.e. Landorous) for any situation. Personally I've always liked mamoswine a lot more however Weavile is super viable right now due to its speed tier.

You can swap weavile for mamoswine and add rocks. Switch out Ferrothorn for Rilla or something of the caliber. Then add a mon with a high speed tier and scarf to deal with dragapult. I showed scarfed Lando in the paste. However if mamoswine is on the team I wouldn't use Lando due to ice weaknesses.

Short form: recommendation from me is to swap Ferrothorn, weavile, and Lando. For Mamoswine with stealth rocks. Then add a mon fast enough to out speed Dragapult. Plus a Mon to set terrain as it's a standard for most teams and makes it harder for Hawlucha to setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)