National Dex Bulky Offense Top 10 National Dex Ubers

Hi, I wanted to post my most successful post Koraidon ban Uber team of this generation.

Again, I won't delve into the teambuilding process in detail, National Dex Ubers allows quite a lot of diversity in teambuilding and is more or less a balanced metagame anyway. As such, there is nothing particularly constraining in the teambuilder and one can build around almost anything ranging from stall to hyper offense.

Here's my take on a bulky offense team that brought me in top 10 of the ladder:

:zacian-crowned: :groudon-primal: :necrozma-ultra: :salamence-mega: :arceus: :splash-plate: :yveltal:

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Heat Crash

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Defog
- Roost

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Judgment
- Taunt

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

:zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge

Zacian-C is still one of the best Pokemon in the tier, even after the nerfs. It went from an insane Pokemon to an excellent one, thanks to its immediate power the first time it switches in, the speed control it provides, and its ridiculously good typing, letting it check non-Tera Xerneas even without Behemoth Blades. Swords Dance is here to mitigate its admitedly only decent power without the attack boost at the beginning. Close Combat in conjunction with Tera Fighting punches right through any offensive Primal Groudon or Necrozma-DM and deals a bunch of damage to Ultra-Necrozma. Of course, one can throw Close Combats until they fall into the range of a +2 attack. In conjunction of the hazards this team can set, they have a hard time containing this Zacian. Play Rough is here for Zygarde-C and Giratina, though its accuracy can be unforgiving sometimes. Wild Charge is the last attack so that Ho-Oh and Toxapex can not switch freely in. The EV are standard, max speed Jolly to at worse speed tie opposing Zacians. Ditto proof: Primal Groudon

:groudon-primal:

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Heat Crash

This behemoth of a Pokemon is ranked S+ for a reason. Since it got Heat Crash, offensive counterplay like Yveltal or Arceus forms became so much shakier. Spikes are here so that the opposing team can be broken through entry hazards damage, and Groudon finds plenty of opportunities to set them up. Swords Dance is used to break through pre-transformation Zygarde after a tiny bit of chip damage and Ho-Oh. The latter is especially important since it often is the defogger and you want your hazards to be up, so this Groudon can perfectly do the job. Unless you need Groudon's precious HP (e.g. vs Primal Kyogre, Zacian-C, Xerneas), you can trade with Ho-Oh and set-up on its face. Some people see Spikes on Groudon and think that its attacks don't hit as hard and try to stay in until they are met with a fully invested Precipice Blades, especially versus Toxic Necrozma-DM. Don't be too reckless with this Groudon either, as it is tasked to check Primal Kyogre and Zacian-C. Against stall, preserve its HP and use Spikes liberally, until you can break with Swords Dance, for example by setting up on Giratina that needs to Rest. 252 EV in attack in conjunction with the Adamant nature lets Groudon hit as hard as possible, 76 Spe to outspeed uninvested base 99, with the rest in bulk. The EV's are quite customizable, but make sure it can take a +2 Focus Blast from Xerneas and two Ice Beams from Modest Primal Kyogre. Ditto proof: Mega Salamence, Arceus-Water

:necrozma-ultra:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Power Gem

This set is a relic from the past and I've been using it to great success. Defog Arceus formes, Ho-Oh and non Sucker Punch Yveltal cannot Defog versus this Necrozma, with only Giratina-O being able to do the job. Stealth Rock is the best move in the game, Photon Geyser when transformed becomes a nuke, Earth Power gets the 1v1 versus Groudon and hits opposing Necrozma-DM for nice damage, and Power Gem ruins Ho-Oh and sometimes Yveltal if you are willing to sack Necrozma for Yveltal's HP, as Zacian-C is the only check to Yveltal in this team. Timid outspeed Modest Eternatus, a huge threat to this team, and the rest in SpA to hit as hard as possible. This is the most used lead, as rocks is just too important. Dragon Pulse is an option over Earth Power as Primal Groudon is already 2HKO'd by Photon Geyser, and improves the Giratina-O matchup, but still doesn't OHKO and now you have nothing to hit Necrozma-DM. It is important to recognize when to Ultra burst. For example against stall teams it might be beneficial to keep the Steel typing and wall Lugia, or if you can already foresee that Groudon and Zacian won't be enough to check the opposing Xerneas (shouldn't happen), or if they have a Deoxys lead. Ditto proof: itself, Yveltal, Zacian

:salamence-mega:
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance/Dragon Tail
- Return
- Defog
- Roost

Salamence-Mega is here for two roles: soften blows from SD Arceus formes and Primal Groudon, and Defog any entry hazards left by the opposing Deoxys or Ribombee. Dragon Dance is here just in case I can set up once and hit an opponent hard, but really, the main role is Defogging against the aforementioned Pokemon. Ho-Oh and Yveltal are both too slow to do the job, and their defensive profiles are not what this team needs. You could also run Dragon Tail over Dragon Dance if you think the SD Arceus or DD Mega Salamence counterplay is iffy, and move some EV to defense/HP, and I wouldn't blame you. 208 Spe outspeeds Modest Eternatus, max attack then the rest in HP. You can probably optimize the EV. Just as for Necrozma, it is important to recognize when to transform, as you lose Intimidate after mega. Ditto proof: nothing much aside from Zacian, so don't DD if there's an opposing Ditto.

:arceus: :splash-plate:

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Poison/Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic/Ice Beam
- Recover
- Judgment/Ice Beam
- Taunt

This is an incredibly annoying set to face, and it's notably a set that wins against Ho-Oh. It also provides a secondary check to Primal Kyogre thanks to the water typing, and also those pesky Trick Room teams you run into during laddering, as it takes on Calyrex-Ice and to a lesser extent Melmetal like a champ. Toxic is to diminish the opposing Yveltal/Groudon/Xerneas/Giratina-O's staying power, Pokemon that might be tempted to switch into Arceus-Water, Recover to stay healthy, Water-type Judgment to beat Ho-Oh but also very importantly Arceus-Ground, and Taunt to prevent defogging and stops Xerneas, Zygarde-C, Necrozma-DM from setting up. As mentioned before, Eternatus can be a problem, so Tera Poison or Steel can at least slow it down. Roar is an option over Toxic too, so that Eternatus cannot set up a second time. Ice Beam can be an option over Judgment, so that it can hit Groudon, Mega Salamence as this team struggles against it, Rayquaza and Eternatus again, but Arceus Ground becomes a problem. It can also be run over Toxic, compromising with the ability to deal with bulkier teams. The EV makes Arceus as fast as possble with the rest in bulk.

:yveltal:
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Life Orb Yveltal is an incredible Pokemon, coupled with Tera Dark nothing much can stand against it aside from specific counterplay such as Chansey or Magearna. Dark Pulse hits very hard, Oblivion Wing makes sure Yveltal stays healthy, and Sucker Punch helps against Dragon Dance Ultra Necrozma. Taunt is incredible on this Yveltal as it prevents the likes of Xerneas and Zygarde-C from setting up, and is wonderful against stall teams. The EV are standard, a naive nature is chosen so that it can at least have a chance to live Groudon's Heat Crash, take less from Zygarde-C's Thousand Arrows, and take one attack from unboosted Mega Salamence and hit back hard. Ditto proof: Zacian, itself

Threatlist
:eternatus: Modest +1 has no switch-in unless you keep base form Necrozma, and even then Tera Fire beats it. Groudon barely survives a +1 Dynamax Cannon. Sucker punch and Zacian can damage it, but Tera Fire is again a problem in the latter case.

:zacian-crowned: Not many set-up opportunities as Mega Salamence hits hard enough, but a +3 Zacian can only be contained by Groudon.

:arceus: :earth-plate: Techtonic Rage variants are hard to deal with as Arceus Water cannot 100% stomach one if Adamant. CM versions may break through, too. Again, set-up opportunities are rather rare, as if you see an Arceus-Ground on the opposing team, you can click Heat Crash on Groudon instead of setting up Spikes.

:arceus: :dread-plate: Zacian doesn't take Foul Play well. Taunt Arceus Water and hazards can wear it down.

:yveltal: Zacian doesn't take Foul Play well, but the opposing Yveltal doesn't take attacks from this team well either. Keep Zacian above Sucker Punch range.

:salamence-mega: The single biggest threat for the team. Exchange blows with anything not named Groudon, even Arceus-Water can Toxic it and survive one or two attacks. Dragon Tail on your own Mega Salamence is an option. Ice Beam on Arceus-Water can be considered.

:deoxys-attack: Keep Necrozma untransformed is an option, otherwise keep Zacian, Arceus-Water and Yveltal healthy.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

bumboclaat

Primal Groudon used Overheat
is a Pre-Contributor
Love this :arceus::splash-plate: set. I'm not the biggest fan of this :necrozma-ultra: set given the pressure the rest of the team exerts on :ho-oh: but I get the reasoning. Cool team!

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Love this :arceus::splash-plate: set. I'm not the biggest fan of this :necrozma-ultra: set given the pressure the rest of the team exerts on :ho-oh: but I get the reasoning. Cool team!
Adding on to this, I think SR
1707231491846.png
is unnecessary on this build. While I understand the appeal of exploiting the spectacular duality of typing that is blessed by :Ultranecrozium Z:, many of your teams weaknesses can be patched by running a more defensive or bulky version of base :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:

I would recommend running either an Offensive Trick Room set with :Solganium Z: or a purely Specially Defensive support set with Tera Ground to improve your matchup versus :Eternatus:, :Zacian-Crowned:, :Salamence-Mega:, and Tera Electric Geomancy :Xerneas:

Last edited:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Heat Crash

ANSWER:
Altough I really like this set with the jabait. The following power house of a set really works for me and I usually wipe an intire team with it.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EV:s 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Heat Crash

I rarely use swords dance cause he already hits like a small island but with RP he easily outspeeds everything. And with Heat Crash he almost always one shots everything in his seight. Earthquake also works decently well against P Kyogre but wouldn't recommend cause it's usually scarf kyogre and water spout and you just... yeah... you can fill that in yourself. I choose Earthquake over Blades EVERYDAY in the week cause of the 15% acc diff. I had the most horrible time with Blades cause it kept missing and cause you're only missing 20 power it's not the worst in the world.

L.m.k what you think and I'll make sure to reply!

Great day/afternoon/evening.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Heat Crash

ANSWER:
Altough I really like this set with the jabait. The following power house of a set really works for me and I usually wipe an intire team with it.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EV:s 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Heat Crash

I rarely use swords dance cause he already hits like a small island but with RP he easily outspeeds everything. And with Heat Crash he almost always one shots everything in his seight. Earthquake also works decently well against P Kyogre but wouldn't recommend cause it's usually scarf kyogre and water spout and you just... yeah... you can fill that in yourself. I choose Earthquake over Blades EVERYDAY in the week cause of the 15% acc diff. I had the most horrible time with Blades cause it kept missing and cause you're only missing 20 power it's not the worst in the world.

L.m.k what you think and I'll make sure to reply!

Great day/afternoon/evening.
scarf kyogre hitting pdon with water spout? drizzle does not activate in desolate Land, you should know that.

Dead by Daylight

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO.
is a Contributor to Smogon
scarf kyogre hitting pdon with water spout? drizzle does not activate in desolate Land, you should know that.
first off, no need to be so condescending.

secondly, I think they mean that SD + EQ can hit Primal Kyogre if it tries to switch in on a predicted Heat Crash, so PrimSea would trigger and suppress DesoLand.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)