Bulky Offense Gen 5 RMT (Dragon-Free)

Alright, so i decided to start a new team, as my old one wasn't doing so hot this one peaked at 321/34xx on PO, so there is definitely room for improvement, but it isn't to bad as of now. It averages around 830-ish

TEAM BUILDING:

To start off, I decided to build a team that had a counter to ST Shandera, that overcentralizing little shit. I, however, refuse to use him, Roobushin, or ScarfDitto. So I started with a Tyranitar.

Next I needed to use someone to lure Shandera in. I found that Shaymin-S brings the fool out very easily, and can do some decent damage itself to other pokes. On top of this, it also resists Tar's Water and Fighting weaknesses, as well as resisting ground. Tar resists Shaymin-S' Fire weakness in return (Shandera... I have you now). On top of this, Shaymin-S is simply awesome.

Now there was one poke I have always wanted to try out, and that's Mamoswine. CB Swine is heard of near and far, for being a great revenger to dragons. I had to have someone to fill this role, as my team will have bulk, but no walls

With building weaknesses to Ice and Water, I needed someone to absorb these, and Water is the only type for this. It may seem odd at first that I chose such a well-known wall for this slot, but please remember, Vappy has a SpA BS of 110

Now, this poke was chosen because I wanted to test a set with him. I didn't actually put any effort onto type synergy with him, and I need to replace him. The set works exceedingly well, if anyone wants to know, but due to having the 3rd fighting weakness, he needs to be switched out, preferably for a ghost, and is the main reason I am here asking for help. Heres the street thug, Zuruzukin

Lastly, I needed a lead that could lay down SR and Spikes ASAP. Toxic Spikes don't matter with my fast-paced gameplay, so I ignored them. I settled on Deoxys-S for clearly obvious reason, as it fit my description perfectly, but my set will probably differ from yours.

SETS:

@

Pressure, Bold
252 Hp, 88 Def, 168 SpD
-Magic Coat
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes

You may wonder why a) there are no speed EVs on this poke, and b) why there are no attacks on it either. Isn't this an offensive team? Yes, yes it is, however, all offensive teams need one support poke, and this is it. It has no speed EVs because it needs none. it outpaces base 130s without investment. and anything faster will simply taunt, which can be magic coated back. The sole purpose of this him is to lay down entry hazards, however, he does this in a very different manner than most suicide leads, and has absolutely no bad matchups aside from Ninjask. That's it. It has its way with literally everything else.

@

Serene Grace, Timid
4 Hp, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Earth Power
-Seed Flare
-Air Slash
-HP (Fire)

Shaymin-S is the first half of my duo that captures Shandera 100% of all the time. As almost everyone knows, Shandy is the dominant revenge killer, netting OHKOs on 54% of the old OU metagame. It is on ~85% of teams, and so I need a reliable counter to it. Shed Shell allows Shaymin-S to escape Shandy at the first encounter. But that is all it needs. On top of this, Shed Shell allows me to bluff a Choice item if I play my cards right, as it has no LO recoil. HP Fire was chosen because I found that I never really used HP Ice, as Ice moves are on 2 pokes already

@

Sand Stream, Adamant
200 Hp, 252 Atk, 56 SpD
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Crunch/Fire Punch/Aqua Tail

Ah, the second part to my deadly Shandy trapforce. Unless the opposing Shandera saw this coming (lol) and used an appropriate move to KO Tar, I win. 100% of every time all the time. Choice Band was chosen over scarf, because Shandy still deals alot of damage to Tar, even when its NVE and the bulk that the Band set has helps alot. Outside of this, he poses a significant threat, With STAB pursuit and the infamous EdgeQuake. I have been considering Fire Punch or Aqua Tail for Coverage, as I have found every time I have used Crunch, EQ or SE could've netted the KO as well. Any suggestions here?

@

Thick Fat, Adamant
4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Drop
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

This is the new standard moveset for Mamo. I, however chose Scarf over Band to net some surprise KOs. I kept it Adamant rather than Jolly and Ice Shard on so that I can still pick off some frailer dragons at full health. As well, I outspeed max Atk/Spe Dragonite after a DD and OHKO with Icicle Drop, which is worth noting due to Dragonite's new ability, Multi-Scale. Thick Fat was the ability of choice in order to eliminate the Fire weakness and create a pseudo-resistance to Ice.

@

Water Absorb, Modest
4 Hp, 252 Def, 252 SpA
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-HP (Electric)

Vaporeon is amazing. Very unexpected, as the other team always assumes Wish-support, and it never fails to net a KO. Hydro Pump OHKOs Skarmory, which is awesome. With 130 Base Hp, 95 Base SpD, and 252 Def evs, it can take many hits as well (It enjoys destroying Cloysters, taking 32% from Rock Blast) It has an important role absorbing Water and Ice attacks on my team.

@

Levitate, Timid [0 Hp EVs]
4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-HP (Fire)
-Pain Split

This is my ghost. Yes, he is beautiful. This is my spin off of MYSTICgar. I found Protect to be useless against Tar, and I didn't really care too much if he died against Scizor. But what I noticed is that he couldn't survive ANYTHING he isn't immune to besides weak U-Turns. So as a result, I added Pain Split into my arsenal. It gives him a chance to heal off LO damage and often times allows him to beat Bliss. I mostly use HP (Fire) for Forretress and Nattorei rather than the Scizor it was intended to be used on

PREVIOUS MEMBERS
@

Intimidate, Careful
200 Hp, 156 Atk, 100 SpD, 52 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Rest
-Drain Punch
-Crunch

This set is amazing. after 2 DDs, it reachs 330 speed, enough to outpace +natures base 100s, though it often gets in 3 DDs given the chance. the big problem is it needs those DDs more than any other ChestoRest set out there, so phazers need to be taken care of before a sweep is attempted. However, after he is up, he is nearly impossible to stop. Thunderwave/Will-o-Wisp is your only hope. I put him on here because I promised myself i would test him, no matter the team. I did, it works great, an now I need to get rid of him. I need a ghost. It needs to be a setup sweeper, and not Goruguu. I have enough Water/Ice weaknesses and EdgeQuake spammers. Any help?

Thanks for any rates :)
PS I will NOT use Shandera, Roobushin, or Ditto. Do not suggest them. I will not switch Mamo to band, I enjoy having one Band, one Specs, and one Scarf. It balances well. I know I don't have Rapid Spin, but half the teams out there either dont have hazards, dont get to set them up, or only get in SR, so it doesnt matter to me much

I think Bulk Up is better than Dragon Dance on Zuruzukin because it's bulk is already so impressive unlike it's speed, which doesn't get boosted as much as it's defense. Not to mention it compliments Rest and Drain Punch well.

Is Leftovers really better than Sash on Deoxys-S? How often do you find yourself being OHKO?

Specs Vaporeon actually sounds pretty cool. I like it.

I don't think Ttar needs Crunch and Pursuit. I would use Fire Punch for Nattorei and Scizor switch ins.

Good team. Watch out for Blaziken. 8/10

I think Bulk Up is better than Dragon Dance on Zuruzukin because it's bulk is already so impressive unlike it's speed, which doesn't get boosted as much as it's defense. Not to mention it compliments Rest and Drain Punch well.

Is Leftovers really better than Sash on Deoxys-S? How often do you find yourself being OHKO?

Specs Vaporeon actually sounds pretty cool. I like it.

I don't think Ttar needs Crunch and Pursuit. I would use Fire Punch for Nattorei and Scizor switch ins.

Good team. Watch out for Blaziken. 8/10
I have been OHKOd once by a Tar who switched in on SR, DD'd on Spikes, OHKOd me after another spikes, then got OHKOd by Vappy. lol it was great

But I'm currently getting rid of Zuru, I need a ghost, and Gengar is workin well atm :) I'll be updating soon

And ya, i usually find myself screwed against Blaziken if Vappy isnt at full health. Any suggestions?

Against Blaziken? L@tias, Burungeru, Gliscor, Extremespeed Dragonite all work really well. I have Gliscor myself.

Against Blaziken? L@tias, Burungeru, Gliscor, Extremespeed Dragonite all work really well. I have Gliscor myself.
You can scratch Lat@s and Burungeru off that list, as Blaziken started carrying Night Slash. I think I'll try juggling between Gengar and Vappy to wear it down with HJK misses, the Ice Shard it at, say, 20%?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)