Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clas

om majors 2nd place, in 0 om opens r3 (god gamer)
is a Tiering Contributor
non-fancy vivillon is legal on bss/vgc ladder when it shouldnt be (i found out the hard way)
1681414922261.png
1681414882447.png

The Exact HP Mod does not display the foe's exact HP above the Pokemon (or if you hover over it), but only in the log, and only after taking damage (so it can't be used turn 1 to figure out EVs).

It does however work if Hardcore Mode is on, but this isn't really a solution.

Exact HP is needed for any format that is based on Stadium, Colosseum or XD, as it is possible to view the foe's exact HP at any moment in those games.

This affects Gen 1 Stadium OU, Gen 2 Stadium OU, Nintendo Cup 2000, and Orre Colosseum.

The screenshot shows the only part of the UI that shows the exact HP (unless hardcore mode is on, in which case the HP number replaces the % on the health bar)

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 13.30.11.png

Last edited:
Mold Breaker phazing causes a Levitate mon to be affected by grounded entry hazards. In this reply we have Mold Breaker Spidops and Levitate Clodsire. When Clodsire hard switches in, it correctly bypasses Spikes and Webs, but when dragged in by Circle Throw, it is affected by them.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9almostanyability-1843827168
This is correct behavior, it's the same reason why if Salazzle forcibly switches in a Steel or Poison type with Dragon Tail Corrosion will trigger and allow Toxic Spikes to poison it on switch in.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
If a Prankster Pokemon uses a status-inducing move on a Pokemon which is immune to the status effect thanks to its typing (eg. Toxic onto Kingambit or Will-O-Wisp onto Houndoom), Showdown will give the "Prankster vs Dark-type" message. This is an issue as it reveals Prankster when it would otherwise be ambiguous (eg. If I Toxic into Kingambit, Polteageist may or may not be Prankster, but the server just says whether I am or not). Only gives this message if the target is immune to the status effect (if they are immune to the move but not the effect, like Krook and TWave/Para, the message doesn't appear).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9balancedhackmons-1844295469-xytck462dvyfgrv0fz9964y3u9vt2gtpw

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexag-1844741868 (Turn 5)

Gravity is up, tera electric balloon shedinja is behind a substitute, facing a no guard Machamp (natdex ag moment, I know)

Machamp clicks fissure. Unless there is some mechanic I am not aware of, the expected result here would be Shedinja's sub being destroyed, but instead the sub stays up and Shedinja loses its balloon.

Last edited:
To whom it may concern:

The NatDex LC Draft format in the teambuilder has been broken for about two weeks. The only Pokémon that show as legal are the Pokémon legal in SV LC. Teams still validate correctly, but the teambuilder is basically unusable for the format it is intended for.

Video showing these issues:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexag-1844741868 (Turn 5)

Gravity is up, tera electric balloon shedinja is behind a substitute, facing a no guard Machamp (natdex ag moment, I know)

Machamp clicks fissure. Unless there is some mechanic I am not aware of, the expected result here would be Shedinja's sub being destroyed, but instead the sub stays up and Shedinja loses its balloon.
I don't know about cartridge mechanics, but on PS! Fissure deals damage equal to the Pokémon's maximum HP (Bulbapedia says that it should be its current HP but fortunately for Shedinja there is no difference between the two). So congratulations, you just dealt 1 damage to Shedinja's substitute.

Note that hitting a substitute is enough to pop an Air Balloon.

pokeblade101

is a Community Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hello I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I am just mistaken in my calculations, but I believe Bellibolt is not getting a SpD raise when it is charged. I was doing some testing in 1v1 and recognized that my calcs weren't lining up right based on how Charge should act (again if im not misunderstanding). This change happened in gen IV, but I think Bellibolt and Kilowattrel are the first mons who can really use this to their advantage, so it may have been overlooked.

Generation IV-VIII

If the user's next move is Electric-type, its power will be doubled instead of the damage dealt (resulting in virtually the same effect).

Charge now also raises the user's Special Defense stat by one stage.

Context: these calcs shown below are me calculating the damage Iron Moth does to 252 HP / 12 SpD Bellibolt after trading Acid Spray with Soak.

252 SpA Iron Moth Overheat vs. -2 252 HP / 12 SpD Bellibolt: 345-407 (81.7 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - Without counting Charge boost
252 SpA Iron Moth Overheat vs. -1 252 HP / 12 SpD Bellibolt: 260-306 (61.6 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - Counting Charge boost (Charge again raises SpD by 1 stage)

But as seen in the replay below, Bellibolt still receives damage equal to the first calculation:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1846021458

Once again, I hope I am just misunderstanding the calculation as that will be a lot easier for everyone, but if not please fix whenever it's most convenient! Ty!
The charge effect is doubling the power of Electric-type moves. You're thinking of the move Charge, which gives the charge effect AND gives a sp def boost

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 7.01.54 AM.png

If you have a zoroark disguise as annihilape and it gets hit, the ape will come in to the game with a rage fist boost. If it is hit twice, the boost stays at 100

Today I watched Aaron Zhengs video with Dachsbun, and I noticed a difference on how the actual game works vs Showdown concerning Vital Spirit:

Ingame, it
Video by Aaron, timestamp is 19:53

On Showdown, I briefly recreated the Annihilape getting Yawned:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023regulationc-1846162843

In short: Ingame the Yawn immediately fails. On Showdown, the Drowsy status-effect takes hold, and then just disappears without a message once it's supposed to trigger

cat

anemoia
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
this bug is kinda minor and very niche, but leaving a group chat thats deleted when "confirmations before leaving a room" is on cant be left normally without having to either reload or turn off confirmations and leaving

Just a visual bug, but the red text that shows your speed after paralysis isn't showing up in gen 1 or 2. The speed drop still happens (as seen in this replay) but the indicator isn't visible. Worth noting it's only for paralysis, as regular speed drops still show the red text.
View attachment 344658
View attachment 344660

Speed drops are still seen as normal for some reason.
View attachment 344661

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)
This bug makes things so misleading. Really makes playing Gen 1 and Gen 2 not as smooth as the other gens because of the need of whipping out a calculator as a workaround for it when it's a very close matchups and I don't always have the brainpower to remember this very specific rule. Because of this, I decided to just stop playing these metas, what a shame.

It's been 2 years already, is there a roadmap somewhere? I personally would consider this high priority.

Torkoal's drought didn't activate after getting intimidated and forced out with eject pack. The same interaction in SV does result in the sun being up.
1682155404451.png

BUG STATUS:NEEDS MORE INFO, We need a replay. Replay added
Video proof of drought activating in SV (it's in german):

Last edited:
Bug: Greninja's Protean activates on Magic Bounce. According to an ingame sample, it should not.

Proof of Protean activating on showdown: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1850053622-zrxk14eoyirva7r4ps9pr5aj1h2st8vpw
Proof of Protean not activating ingame: At 12:53, Greninja doesn't activate Protean on bounce back. At 13:14, Greninja activates Protean using Gunk Shot.

Though Showdown's behavior makes more sense to me, it is what it is.

My best guess is that the game considers Toxic Spikes to have failed as a move.

"Protean will not activate if the move fails (unless it fails due to the activation of Protean), if the execution is interrupted entirely (such as by the effect of infatuation or confusion), if the move is prevented by heavy rain or extremely harsh sunlight, if the user is already the same single type as the move being used, or if the move is prevented by Powder. Protean will activate even if the move misses, is blocked by a protection move, or fails to affect the opponent. Protean will still change the user's type when using Roar, Whirlwind, Trick-or-Treat, and Forest's Curse, regardless of whether the move successfully executes or not."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)