Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Having 2 Zamazentas (one hero, one crowned) creates some weird interactions with possible illusions.
See here and here, sending out Zama-C and then switching to Zama-H shows 3 possible illusions when hovering over the actual Zama-C. Only occurs if Zama-C is sent out first and then you swap to Zama-H. Notice in the first 2 replays that Zama-H's sprite/summary ends up being in slot 6, when it's the 4th slot in my team. Does not occur if Zama-C is ahead of Zama-H in the teambuilder.
This is presumably caused by PS showing Zamazenta-Crowned in team preview (because it's BH and you can use pre-crowned zama), but then upon seeing a Zama-C sent out it defaults to the Zama-H having been "upgraded" (possibly bc if it didn't break then it would leak that zama-h wasn't holding rusted shield). Zacian/Rusted Sword act the exact same way and so presumably will also have this bug.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Last edited by a moderator:

aQrator

Have a good day!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Got a bug report through a ticket about a HA Regirock with Counter (as well as body press, SE and EQ) (a gen 3 tutor exclusive move for it). While seemingly illegal in all formats, the combination of the move and the ability should be possible through an ability patch. The other three moves are freely available in SwSh.
Even if this combination were illegal, the reason it is not considered legal appears broken. See provided images.

1667222877038.png
1667223216998.png
1667223104173.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Attachments

Currently Disable is able to disable a called 2-turn move when it should disable the move that called it.
I saw this when Phantom Force got disabled in a metronome battle.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1701297369
1667432648637.png

I did a more consistent test ingame with Copycat and compared it on Showdown.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1701338466
In this replay you can see that when I use Disable on Clefable copycatting Dig, it disables Dig.
1667432714268.png

When I tested the same interaction ingame, Disable disables Copycat instead.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

EDIT:
This is minor but the clip also shows that when a move is queued to be used in the turn but gets Disabled, the failure message should read "[pokemon]'s [move] is disabled!" instead of "[pokemon] can't use [move]" as shown here.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublescustomgame-1701344293
1667433160128.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Pauliwag

Pretty sure that synthesis, moonlight, and morning sun are not working correctly in Gen 2/GSC competitive. In gen 2, these moves restore 1/4 of total health normally, being doubled in sunny day and doubled again if used during their associated time of day. The time of day does not have any impact on PvP battles, however, so the default should always be 1/4, instead of 1/2 like it is in future gens.

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Synthesis_(move)

I have confirmed this during a recent playthrough of crystal.

User edit: Just tested this and it turns out that the current mechanics used on showdown are fine. The mechanics do work as previously stated, but not in PvP battles. In PvP battles, it defaults to the "correct time of day" value of healing for all three of these moves at all times. Tried switching between day and night and it made no difference. The bulbapedia article leaves it somewhat ambiguous as to what it means when it say that the time of day has no impact in link battles.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG See user's edit above (HoeenHero)

From the research I did you can lose a pokemon battle at 5 seconds if you cancel a move and at the same time another move from the opponent or from yourself gets clicked (seems to happen when their timer gets displayed in chat once). Lost a few high-stakes tournament games because of it and I know I'm not the only one as shown in this game.
This is something that will probably ruin some more games in the future and I don't really know if it can be fixed but if I had to make a suggestion maybe disable the cancel button at 5 seconds/below? Not really the most optimal solution but should be better than losing to the timer.
(The first battle got cut too fast)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER), this is a known bug; preventing players from canceling moves is not the right solution (DaWoblefet)

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
When introducing a new format that has banned pokemon in a custom challenge (e.g. Pokebilities), unbanning then restricting a Pokemon or etc. in a format that would make it fully unbanned when it probably shouldn't be the case.
e.g. /challenge gen8crossevolution@@@gen8pokebilities,+solgaleo,*solgaleo would have set like this allowed, when it shouldn't be validated in the first place because the restriction should prevent a Pokemon cross evolving to Solgaleo.
Solgaleo (Drakloak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Sunsteel Strike
- Close Combat

edit 2: So actually, when you unban something, then either restrict or reban it, it short circuits to being unbanned and unrestricted, ignoring anything else to do with that pokemon unless it's a complex ban. This doesn't seem ideal, as you should be able to unban certain Pokemon and restrict it as well for OMs such as Mix and Mega and Cross Evolution.

Last edited:
So actually, when you unban something, then either restrict or reban it
Obviously if you unban a Pokémon then it's no longer banned or restricted, but what's less clear is that this also works for applying banned and restricted Pokémon, so you don't need to (and in fact shouldn't) unban it first; you can directly ban a previously restricted Pokémon, and if you restrict a Pokémon then it's neither banned nor unbanned any more.

So I was playing gen4 ou and this randomly happened
the ladder points of the game just didn't update even after 30 mins
i decided to ply another game and the ladder updated after that game but counted only 1 win and gave me only 10 points instead of 25
Screenshot 2022-11-07 153345.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER, the ladder is sometimes very slow to update, and the rank given at the end of a game is the estimated change, but may not line up with the actual change in the database. There's basically nothing we can do about it (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

In gen 3, blizzard does not bypass the accuracy check if it's hailing. However if you hover over the move blizzard while it's hailing, it says "can't miss (Hail)"

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

I was playing gen 7 random battle, and I was using Zurxitree and the other guy another pokemon i forgor , anyway I used Gigavolt Havic (eletric type Z-move) but the guy read me and switched to Kyurem which had Pressure, after I used the move, it showed I had -1 PP for the Z-move (which normally would show 0 PP)
F5BC6440-8DB6-4BF0-8C15-91CDA1FE353D.jpeg
5108FCF4-07C2-486C-967C-C46DACACD6BF.jpeg

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, we do that just to make it very obvious an Electric-type Z-move used 2 PP. Technically, Xurkitree in this game doesn't know "Gigavolt Havoc" at all (DaWoblefet)

Sinistea-Antique is able to learn Celebrate via an event in August 2022, and it can indeed learn that on pokemon showdown, but the site still doesn't allow Polteageist to learn Celebrate
https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2022/pokemon-distributions/ for the event itself
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_event_Pokémon_distributions_(Generation_VIII)#2022_World_Championships_Sinistea for this just being for antique form

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

In a Free-For-All Random Battle, Soulheart on a Magearna activated when the opponent forfeited. The Magearna didn't get a K.O., they just disconected and it counted as a Soul-Heart boost.
Battle Replay

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, properly speaking, there is no cartridge format that aligns with our implementation of free-for-all. We treat forfeiting the battle as "active Pokemon faints, and player is removed from the game". If you don't like this behavior, bring it up on the FFA discussion thread (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Screenshot 2022-11-12 23.57.29.png

Just a minor thing, I set my Necrozma-DM to be shiny in the Nat Dex AG teambuilder and its not showing the shiny sprite

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE (DaWoblefet)

Very minor, tried to find where this is in the Github so I can fix it myself but could not locate.

Steps to reproduce
  1. Use /roomdevoice on a user who has no auth in the room
    User 'V2Duckifications' is already a in this room.
  2. Profit
Regression from PR #8500 - there are three cases:
  1. nextGroup is undefined, in which case you want to use symbol
  2. nextGroup.name is undefined, in which case you want to use 'regular user'
  3. nextGroup.name exists, in which case you want to use it

It appears lowering a pokémon's dynamax level can't be saved, it's immediately undone when exiting the team display:
Video

This happens in any gen 8 or national dex tier, regardless of whether dynamax is allowed or not. Entering a battle without closing the teambuilder resets the dmax level as well.

BUG STATUS: FIXED at some point in the transition to Gen 9

the dagger emoji seems to be usable in chats with the emoji filter turned on for rooms, this shouldn't be the case.
works for the spider emoji too but it gives you a symbol instead of an actual emoji so unsure entirely as to whether that's included.

Above are examples of filter bypasses in a room that has the emoji filter on

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlefactory-1711250378 I believe my vileplume should have an item in this battle factory game, but it has no item at the start of the battle. I could be missing some knock off or trick switch in stuff but I believe it just having black sludge makes sense.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see Crunchman's post below (DaWoblefet)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlefactory-1711253112-8cy7gfeoo16b6zllixbtzv3q4lagmsrpw I also have a choice specs vanilluxe with 3 moves with the 4th move presumably being rest since the third move is sleep talk.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see this post in the Battle Factory sets thread (DaWoblefet)

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlefactory-1711250378 I believe my vileplume should have an item in this battle factory game, but it has no item at the start of the battle. I could be missing some knock off or trick switch in stuff but I believe it just having black sludge makes sense.
well, vileplume does actually run itemless in NU to check Poltergeist sometimes, in addition to helping against some Knock Off users. See dex analysis: https://www.smogon.com/dex/ss/pokemon/vileplume/.

Dragon Darts behaves very strangely on doubles.

Replay

It doesn't matter if I choose Zacian or Shuckle as the opponent, it always hits Shuckle twice, I'm not sure if that's intended behaviour. I can also target my own partner, and only shoot one dart if they're inmune.
If this is how the cartridge actually behaves, I think we should at least improve /dt dragon darts description

1668598402697.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, this is exactly how it behaves on cart, and the short description is also accurate - it tries to hit both targets, but if it finds one that it wouldn't hit (e.g. from Protect, Fairy-type, etc) it targets the other twice. (DaWoblefet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)