Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyssa

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
DPL Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1737395384-tf4kbk8sgmxg4j8wtculrfpcl0ci5unpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1737395830-kx9sdzogywnhsp9siia50vx2zn6lnxnpw

The same ruin abilities are currently stacking, which is not how they're intended to work. I DID test this on cart and they don't stack with each other, but i'm unable to record my switch and so can't show the test we ran on cart.

On cart we used 0 spa choice specs iron bundle and 0hp/0spdef Miraidon, on PS we used an Azumarill with the same stats as the ingame Miraidon (0/0 evs with unaffecting nature) to emulate the exact same situation (lvl 50 175 hp 135 SpD + resists water). The way they're currently stacking is by first subtracting 25% of the mons' spdef, and then subtracting another 25% from that number.

0 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ruin Miraidon: 66-78 (37.7 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (51.20% chance to 3HKO after accuracy) (66, 67, 68, 69, 69, 70, 71, 72, 72, 73, 74, 75, 75, 76, 77, 78)
0 SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 180+ SpD Ruin Azumarill: 66-78 (37.7 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (51.20% chance to 3HKO after accuracy) (66, 67, 68, 69, 69, 70, 71, 72, 72, 73, 74, 75, 75, 76, 77, 78)

As you can see in the second replay where 2 chiyus are on the field, Azumarill's special defense gets lowered twice and it takes more damage than it's supposed to. This is important as it's currently affecting a lot of Doubles OU games. Also thanks to gum and umbry for helping me test this.
(i didn't see this posted anywhere in the last few pages so idk if its a known issue or not)

Legality Issue on Paldea Dex Draft Format

It looks like movepool additions from past generations are available in the tier, even though it should only allow Paldea Dex movepools similar to OU. Example here is Rotom who currently does not have Pain Split. Another example is Weavile (Knock Off, Triple Axel).

Builder shows as Illegal:
1670697121131.png

But it validates:
1670697161151.png

When using Transform or switching in with Imposter against a Pokémon with a different level from Ditto, the latter will still use its original level to calculate Atk, Def, SpA and SpD, but the target's Spe stat will be copied as is (meaning they will always speed tie bar items). It's possible this is simply a really wack interaction from cartridge that's been faithfully carried over to Showdown, but as I haven't been able to find any documentation online that mentions it, I wanted to bring attention to it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1738036775-yvy1b336v6aur6um5jayngfa2m9v68npw
A user called Waroko experienced a lot of client-side lag, with their mouse freezing and animations not showing, when their opponent sent out a pokemon with the following nickname:

Code:
꧁༒☬☬༒꧂
Which doesn't show up correctly in the post preview, so see below:
1670748231640.png

This obviously involves unusual characters that might not have been encountered before. I'm posting on their behalf since they don't have an account on here and I'm currently lurking in the PS Help room where they brought up the problem.

This happened to them both when fighting a pokemon with this nickname and when using a pokemon with this nickname, as well as when viewing the replay. I didn't notice any issues whatsoever when using Firefox 107.0.1 but Waroko had this issue using Chrome.

Waroko: as soon as they sent out their raikou
Waroko: my game started lagging like crazy
Waroko: Like it freeze
Waroko: and then the game would resume
Waroko: But when they sent out their next mon I wouldn't get an animation
im ❤ coral: weird. the replay is showing as normal.
Waroko: It would just appear instantly
Waroko: Maybe it has to be in real time
Waroko: Like im not even joking none of the animations would play for switching or attacks
Waroko: Never happened to me before so I assume it was the nicknames
im ❤ coral: thats really weird
Waroko: But maybe ps just rly lagging that one game
im ❤ coral: whats ur browser
Waroko: im using chrome
Waroko: ive never had a problem b4 either
im ❤ coral: im in firefox, maybe theres a difference there? idk
Waroko: Maybe it is chrome
Waroko: Cause im looking at the replay
Waroko: and everytime he sends out a mon with the nicknames
Waroko: it lags for me
Waroko: But before that with just rhyperior i dont have an issue
Context: Raikou had the "Death" nickname, and Rhyperior was not nicknamed in the original battle.

I'm hoping others here could check the replay to see if it is a bug, and if so maybe something could be done to fix the performance issues caused by it, or maybe just disallow these uncommon characters in pokemon nicknames if it's a chrome thing not a ps thing? idk. thanks :)

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Pursuit currently triggers on Revival Blessing as if it was a pivoting move, that may have to do with how the current implementation of Revival Blessing partially relies on the code used for pivoting moves like U-Turn IIRC, but in any case a replay where that happens is here.

In random formats with Team Preview, like Challenge Cup 1v1, Tera Types are not visible when hovering over a pokemon, but are able to be acessed through /showteam. Not sure if this is technically a bug or a feature request but either way it would be helpful for this information to be easily accessible.
1670768316543.png

1670768339348.png

So, while playing this game
replay

at T10 I could read that rage fist had 100BP, as in if annihilape had been hit once, which didn't happen. the damage on amoonguss seems to be a correct damage output at 50bp though, so seemingly a visual bug (can't really show I had 100bp though while moving my mouse over it, can just attest for it).

+1 36+ Atk Annihilape Rage Fist vs. 236 HP / 116 Def Amoonguss: 63-75 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 2% chance to 3HKO

the damage is indeed correct, had i had 100bp, it would have been much more:

+1 36+ Atk Annihilape Rage Fist (100 BP) vs. 236 HP / 116 Def Amoonguss: 124-147 (56.6 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), The damage taken from setting up a sub was erroneously counted as being a hit by the client (Karthik)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey DaWoblefet! I found a bug about Miraidon in Gen 9 National Dex AG. The game thinks that Miraidon is an event Pokemon and wants its stats and Hidden Power to be Changed. Think you can fix this? Thanks!

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO - The image link you provided is a link to a file on your computer, we cant access that.

In addition, Miraidon is an event only pokemon. Pokemon you can only catch once per save file are event only and have restrictions on their stats to fit that event.

Edit- I even tried putting Miraidon on just one team by itself and it just keeps telling me this. I tried with Koraidon and even with max attack, speed and one for hp, the game saids that Koraidon is fine, but Miraidon is not with max special attack instead.... I finally learned how to send a pic so hope this helps!

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (CLIENT), Miraidon can't have an attack iv other than 31, but the teambuilder is setting it to 0 because it has no physical attacks, which it probably shouldn't be doing since to avoid situations like this (Karthik)

Attachments

Dondozo's coloured stat bars look to small for the stats it has. If you compare Dondozo to something like Clodsire, which has less base HP, Dondozo's HP bar is still smaller.

This might be an issue on other pokemon but I've only noticed it on Dondozo.

1670801460270.png
1670801513622.png

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, in these screenshots, Dondozo is level 50 while Clodsire is level 100, which is why you see the difference in the lengths and colors of the stat bars (Karthik)

This isn't exactly the right thread for this, but there's really no thread that fits for this kind of bug.

When using the Teambuilder, this is what I get when I try to select a format.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, logging out, it still stayed. It's been like this for a few days now and it's physically impossible to select some metagames.

This didn't happen on the Web Browser version, just the app.

1670808152121.png

Booster Energy is being consumed on a Protosynthesis mon while Harsh Sunlight is active. From my understanding (and I believe it used to work like this on Showdown before), if Sun is active, then Protosynthesis is activated without consuming the Booster Energy, and it's only consumed once the weather/terrain ends.
Here is a replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1739508364
1670872577739.png

FJ2K

formerly PlatDog
The Paldea Dex Draft doesn't function correctly. The Mons should only have access to their Gen 9 move sets. Though the teambuilder will tell you the move isn't valid, it will still validate. This is an extension of Datoneman's post because his post only mentions Rotom-Heat and Weavile. On further inspection, this issue applies to all the older Mons.
1670877972356.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - VALIDATOR (Kris)

Hello in the day 12/12/2022
I was in a battle, I had just put dondozo on the field, at that time an error appeared and I lost my SP.DEF and DEF buffs, I would like to know what happened.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9doublesou-1739641193
In the replay dont show, but i have a screen shot
Screenshot_11.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CLIENT, Spicy Extract is using an invalid image file for one its animation. (Kris)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)