Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoroark-H and Avalugg-H still seem to have the movesets of their Unovan and Kalosian counterparts in the teambuilder. If they were using the correct movepools, the validator should fail on Surf and Pursuit.
Interestingly, Zorua-H has the correct movepool.

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Karthik

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Utility Umbrella is implemented correctly. I am trying to use it in vgc and it's supposed to make your water/fire moves unaffected by weather apparently but it is not working as intended I think.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, see urkerab's reply below. If you have something specific that is wrong, please provide a replay (DaWoblefet)

I don't think Utility Umbrella is implemented correctly. I am trying to use it in vgc and it's supposed to make your water/fire moves unaffected by weather apparently but it is not working as intended I think.
It's complicated, but in the case of weather damage buffs, that's affected by whether the target of the move is holding the Utility Umbrella.

Hey, here’s a possible bug-

I used shed tail into a Heatran with air balloon. I was then hit with a uturn. The uturn did NOT break the sub but my air balloon popped.
That’s not normal, is it?
Thanks.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE RESEARCH, I'm like 90% sure this is right but it wouldn't hurt to check (DaWoblefet)

I found a bug while playing Balanced Hackmons the combo Triage+Bitter blade doesn't work , Bitter blade doesn't get priority from triage like drain punch or horn leech even though it's a "healing move" like the others two

Youtube video showing the bug :

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Bitter Blade does not interact with Triage (or theoretically Heal Block) because it doesn't have the appropriate heal flag in move data (DaWoblefet)

REVELATION DANCE + DANCER

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023series1-1729681669-jcskrz3ovgvmitf4bqoyefz6q22pwsbpw

Hi, on the VGC 2023 replay above the Oricorio is targeting its own ally when Revelation Dance is activated by the Dancer ability, instead of targeting the available opponent. Even without an available opponent, the move should have failed instead of targeting an ally, right? In game it was not supposed to work that way, as we can see here:

Last edited:
Dragon Darts only hits T-Tar in turn 3 instead of both. But it didn't say "Garchomp avoided the attack," aka Sand Veil. So I'm wondering if the software even gave it a chance to potentially hit Garchomp?
A failure against the first target silently redirects the dart to the other target; failure to hit the second target works normally. So for instance on turn four the first dart tried to hit Gastrodon, but it was protected, and so the move tried to hit Garchomp, but it missed.
My assumption is therefore that on turn 3 it did try to hit Garchomp first, but the failure was silenced.

Covert Cloak interaction with Salt Cure

the item appears to be bugged, or not working as intended. it does negate para/poison from nuzzle and mortal spin, however it does not stop the residual damage from Salt Cure and Fire Spin (perhaps other similar moves as well, this was the extent of my testing on showdown).

at first i decided this was just due to the classification of these moves not being considered to have "secondary effects," but to be sure i tested in-game. i don't have any footage, but can confirm that Covert Cloak should indeed stop the residual effect of Salt Cure from ever being applied to the holder.

(ironwater hopefully this post is suitable, sorry for no visual evidence.)

Last edited:
Revival Blessing Mega Evolution Team Display Issue (?)

I have no idea what caused this but here's the replay:

(Ignore my garbage team, it doesn't matter for the sake of the bug report)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9nationaldexag-1730641070-1gyj8olpn90siukm0sv88tyb71pkl6opw

Over the course of the match, the game doesn't seem to agree on which pokemon are fainted and which are still alive, at one point both Banette and Mega Banette are displayed in the team UI (despite there only being one Banette), it gradually gets worse and worse as the battle goes on until eventually the team UI is basically meaningless, it displays 5 dead pokemon and 1 living one despite there being 5 living pokemon and 1 dead one, at one point it shows that one side's pokemon are all fainted but internally it still considers them alive (midway through Turn 76) and that side can continue playing, finally the game starts running into errors on Turn 69

"runMinor@https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?a905f5ee:1694:13"

Last edited:
Girafarig ORAS Eviolite Boost

I was playing ORAS ZU this morning and tricked my opponent's Duosion a Choice Scarf in exchange for an Eviolite. For some reason, the Eviolite boosted my defense and special defense, even though Girafarig does not have an evolution in these games.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6zu-1730648539-mhqts6iynpkmp3n1vwqqikrw9gmvl12pw
Here is the replay, all though you can never visibly see that its defense is boosted.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9vgc2023series1-1731118703

Used Encore on Tinkaton after they used Gigaton hammer... the next turn they used Gigaton hammer again

The third time they used it, it failed and struggled, but currently in showdown, encore enables Gigaton hammer to be used twice in a row

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, The only restriction on Gigaton Hammer is that it can't be selected if it was the last move used. Encore forced Gigaton Hammer into being used, which then caused Tinkaton to struggle next turn as it was locked into Gigaton Hammer but it couldn't actually select it (Karthik)

Ditto imposter not proccing after ditto switched out earlier using shed tail

The replay doesnt have the visual bug, but in game the ditto switched on turn 29 in as a tiny scrunched up cyclizar sprite and didnt transform into the opposing Roaring Moon

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1731130651-qskfkuil6vj0vprtk3ex9j75i4fupxbpw

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO: It would be nice if you can somehow reproduce this and provide a screenshot for the part where Ditto supposedly had the sprite of a tiny Cyclizar. The second part is not a bug, as Impostor (and Transform) will fail against Pokemon behind a sub (Karthik)

1B0F7A4E-0709-4E0E-8370-5E0F9A4A4C1D.jpeg

I was just sitting in a chat room and suddenly these two users started having a way bigger font size for their messages. I don’t know what caused this except that I think I changed to landscape orientation for a couple seconds, but even while keeping my phone in portrait mode, these two’s messages were consistently big as they came in while every other user’s messages were normal size.

Crunchman

Banned deucer.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1731838437
Heatran is forced to be Quiet if it has Eruption. You can change its nature with a nature mint, but it doesn't actually change the base nature when it comes to berry preferences, so it should get confused from eating a Mago Berry here.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY, we don't support legality enforcement of pre-Nature Mint Natures currently (DaWoblefet)

Visual bug with locked genders

When changing the Tera type on gender locked Pokemon to a different one, the gender gets removed momentarily, which can be fixed by changing the view from one Pokemon to another. This seems to have no physical effects, but only a visual one. It is easily replicable, and can be done with both female-only and male-only Pokemon.

Attachments are with intended visual and what occurs with the bug. (See - line)

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)