Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lagging Tail does not work, the older continues to act in the normal speed order after you give to him with move like trick.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Lagging Tail does not work, the older continues to act in the normal speed order after you give to him with move like trick.
Lagging Tail does not update a Pokemon's turn order until the turn after it received it via Trick on cartridge, which Showdown accurately simulates.

Raichu-Alola's speed doesn't seem to halve back to normal after electric terrain ends.

Proof: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1104077356

Raichu-A outsped Sand Rush Excadrill in sand after Electric Terrain had ended.
E-terrain and sandstorm both ended at the same time... right after the mouse bopped Drill with Focus Blast.

The opposing Raichu used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
(Excadrill lost 94% of its health!)

Excadrill fainted!

The sandstorm subsided.
The electricity disappeared from the battlefield.

According to bulbapedia the ability analytic should give a 30% power boost if it moves first. However in showdown the power boost is given if moved last.
Here's the direct quote from bulbapedia: "If a Pokémon with Analytic executes its move while no other Pokémon have yet to move, the power of its move is increased by 30%."
And here's a direct quote from smogon's discription: "The power of this Pokemon's move is multiplied by 1.3 if it is the last to move in a turn. "
I don't know who's got it right, but I thought it might be another metronome situation.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
According to bulbapedia the ability analytic should give a 30% power boost if it moves first. However in showdown the power boost is given if moved last.
Here's the direct quote from bulbapedia: "If a Pokémon with Analytic executes its move while no other Pokémon have yet to move, the power of its move is increased by 30%."
And here's a direct quote from smogon's discription: "The power of this Pokemon's move is multiplied by 1.3 if it is the last to move in a turn. "
I don't know who's got it right, but I thought it might be another metronome situation.
"While no other Pokemon has yet to move" is a fancy way of saying 'if every other Pokemon has already moved'. No contradiction here, just bad phrasing.

I think I've found a bug with the interaction between dynamax and Taunt. According to Bulbapedia, Taunt is one of the few disruptor tactics that works on dynamaxed Pokemon; this worked as it should, since my Lugia was unable to use Max Guard. However, after hitting the dynamax button, I was still able to click on Max Guard, as seen in the attached screenshot. Here's the replay link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1104303179 I was also experiencing some connection issues during the battle. Thanks!
Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 11.47.57 AM.png

I think I've found a bug with the interaction between dynamax and Taunt. According to Bulbapedia, Taunt is one of the few disruptor tactics that works on dynamaxed Pokemon; this worked as it should, since my Lugia was unable to use Max Guard. However, after hitting the dynamax button, I was still able to click on Max Guard, as seen in the attached screenshot. Here's the replay link: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1104303179 I was also experiencing some connection issues during the battle. Thanks!View attachment 240753
Taunt wore off at the end of turn 28, and you weren't able to use Max Guard until turn 29 - that seems to be working as intended!
Edit: ohhhh, okay, never mind then - it seems like I misunderstood! I don't have an answer for this, then; I think you're right that it's a bug. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
"While no other Pokemon has yet to move" is a fancy way of saying 'if every other Pokemon has already moved'. No contradiction here, just bad phrasing.
Maybe it was poor phrasing but the word yet means "up to now". So if you replaced yet in the quote with its meaning it becomes: "While no other Pokemon has up to now moved" the meaning becomes quite clear.

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
Maybe it was poor phrasing but the word yet means "up to now". So if you replaced yet in the quote with its meaning it becomes: "While no other Pokemon has up to now moved" the meaning becomes quite clear.
nah yet in this case means still have to, so saying "while no other pokemon has yet to move" means no pokemon still has to move, meaning all pokemon have moved.

Taunt wore off at the end of turn 28, and you weren't able to use Max Guard until turn 29 - that seems to be working as intended!
That's not the bug; this is the intended behavior of the moves, which is fine. The bug is that I was still able to *select* Max Guard as an option on the moves select screen, when I shouldn't be able to. Look at the screenshot, where it says "Lugia will dynamax, then use Max Guard," showing I've clicked on that move. I shouldn't be able to click on it.

On turn 47 (the last turn), opponent clicks Shell Trap, I hit his mon with Max Steelspike, and then instead of getting hit by Shell Trap, I get hit by G-Max Wildfire, except it (presumably) has the power of Shell Trap.
I think the fix for this should be live now.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Curse lets you choose the opponent on which to use it if you're using a ghost type; you shouldn't be able to do it in gen 8 games.

When using the /nds search, ponyta-galar does not come up when you search for pokemon with speed faster than 70 in lc, when it should. It doesnt come up if you search for lc pokemon with 90 speed, (what ponyta has). It does however show up if you search for pokemon that are psychic type in lc. It also does not show up for any parameters relating to its stats. Hope this helps.

I use this code:
/tour rules +Past, +Togekiss+Oblivion Wing
It accepts the code, but when I try and validate I get this: - Togekiss can't learn Oblivion Wing.
It seems like +Pokemon+Unclickable move doesn’t work even though I unbanned Past, and it accepted the code just fine. This needs fixing to (hopefully) Accepting these combinations or even just rejecting it with the message ‘X Move is un-useable in game’

When I make a team in Gen 1 I'm unable to use an Exeggutor with 'stun spore' and 'stomp'. I get the message "Exeggutor has the combination of Exeggutor + Stun Spore + Stomp, which is impossible to obtain legitimately." Both Stun Spore and Stomp are allowed, so I don't understand why I can't use them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)