everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Original Thread by AdriansLucario
Approved by Ludicrousity
OP mostly copied from
the original thread
1619228079872.png

Banner stolen from the original thread

Welcome to Brokemons Unchained Mk II! This pet mod revolves around making every Pokémon broken. This is a National Dex Uber format, which means that dexited moves, Pokémon, and items will be allowed. Mechanics of National Dex can be found here.

Basic Mechanics:
  1. Each Pokémon below the Uber tier shall break.
    • This means every Pokémon, including LCs and NFEs, can be subbed and is encouraged to be subbed.
  2. LCs and NFEs that are "Unchained" no longer get Eviolite boosts as they will be broken.
  3. New Moves, Items and Abilities (henceforth called M/I/A) can be submitted at anytime to shake up the metagame.
  4. Old M/I/A can be buffed at anytime to shake up the metagame.
  5. Pokémon have access to all past moves with no restrictions (ex. Gen 4 Event Moves can be used with Gen 6 Egg Moves)
  6. Megas are now their own separate Pokémon can be buffed or reworked to fit in the meta.
  7. Gigantamax Pokémon are now treated as their own separate Pokémon but lose G-Max moves and the immunities of G-Maxing.
  8. Pokémon with two forms like Meloetta can now access either form as its base form.
    • :meloetta::meloetta-pirouette: Meloetta-Aria & Meloetta-Pirouett
      :darmanitan::darmanitan-zen: Darmanitan & Darmanitan-Zen
      :darmanitan-galar::darmanitan-galar-zen: Darmanitan-Galar & Darmanitan-Galar-Zen
      :zygarde-10%::zygarde::zygarde-complete: Zygarde-10% & Zygarde 50% & Zygarde-Complete
      :wishiwashi::wishiwashi-school: Wishiwashi-Solo & Wishiwashi-School
      :cherrim::cherrim-sunshine: Cherrim-Overcast & Cherrim-Sunshine
      :castform::castform-sunny::castform-rainy::castform-snowy: Castform & Castform-Sunny & Castform-Rainy & Castform-Snowy
      :xerneas::xerneas-neutral:Xerneas-Neutral & Xerneas-Active
      :sceptilite::latiosite::swampertite: {all non-Uber Mega evolutions}
      :vikavolt::lurantis::marowak-alola: {all Totem Pokémon}
      :rillaboom-gmax::cinderace-gmax::inteleon-gmax: {all G-Max Pokémon}
      :aegislash::aegislash-blade: Aegislash-Blade & Aegislash-Shield
      :unown: Unown (28x)
      :pichu::pichu-spiky-ear: Pichu & Pichu-Spiky-Eared
      :shellos::shellos-east::gastrodon::gastrodon-east: Shellos/Gastrodon: West Sea & East Sea
      :Deerling::Sawsbuck: Deerling/Sawsbuck: Spring & Winter & Autumn & Summer
      :greninja::greninja-ash: Greninja & Greninja-Ash
      :vivillon::vivillon-fancy: Vivillon (18x) & Vivillon-Poké-Ball & Vivillon-Fancy
      :flabebe::floette::floette-eternal::florges: Flabébé/Floette/Florges: Red & White & Orange & Yellow & Blue; Floette-Eternal
      :furfrou: Furfrou (10x)
      :minior::minior-meteor: Minior (7x)
      :mimikyu: Mimikyu-Disguised & Mimikyu-Busted & Mimikyu-Totem-Disguised & Mimikyu-Totem-Busted
      :magearna::magearna-original: Magearna & Magearna-Original
      :cramorant::cramorant-gulping::cramorant-gorging: Cramorant & Cramorant-Gulping & Cramorant-Gorging
      :sinistea::polteageist: Sinistea/Polteageist: Phony & Antique
      :alcremie: Alcremie (63x)
      :eiscue::eiscue-noice: Eiscue-Ice-Face & Eiscue-Noice-Face
      :morpeko::morpeko-hangry: Morpeko-Full-Belly & Morpeko-Hangry
      :zarude::zarude-dada: Zarude & Zarude-Dada
      :burmy::burmy-sandy::burmy-trash: Burmy-Plant & Burmy-Sandy & Burmy-Trash
      :pikachu-starter::pikachu:{all Pikachu forms}
      :eevee-starter::eevee: Eevee & Eevee-Starter
  9. Pokémon are made to be broken, unless they are already broken.
  • Broke mons will become their vanilla Mega-evolved forme when reacting with a Mega Stone. For example, if a broken Abomasnow holds an Abomasite, it will become the vanilla Mega Abomashow, complete with Snow Warning and everything.
  • As stated above, non-Uber Mega-evolved Pokemon are regarded as their independent species. This means that they can be sent into battle as their Mega forme like in Balanced Hackmons. They can also be buffed independently to their base forme.
This means that:
  • You may not change a Brokemon's Mega Evolution(s) (aka the Mega Evolution you get when you combine the Pokemon with its Mega Stone) or add any new ones.
  • Neither may you create new Mega Stones nor change the properties of an existing Mega Stone to affect its species' Mega-evolved form.
  • You may break Mega-evolved Pokémon, but understand that their base forms will not Mega Evolve into those broken forms.
  • You may break an ability or a move a Mega Evolution possess to make it more powerful, as long as you are not directly buffing the Mega Evolution.
Stage 1: SUBMISSION (5-7 days)
  • Slates of 5-10 with quick turnaround will be done to compensate for the massive size of this Pet Mod.
  • Users can submit new or buffed moves, items and abilities individually or include them in a Pokémon submission shown below.
  • Limited to 5 individual M/I/A submissions per slate (you can submit more if you include them in a Pokémon post).
  • Don't overdo it. EX: randomly giving Lotad 150 Atk and Huge Power. This is still a Pet Mod, so it should be (if only marginally) playable and enjoyable, instead of one Pokémon destroying everything and games coming down to speed ties.
    • To add on to this, the absolute maximum for base forme Pokemon is 690 BST.
  • Explanations can be as formal or informal as you want, as long as they are logical.
  • Ubers cannot be submitted.
    • We may allow certain Ubers to be subbed from time to time, but only if the slate calls for it.
    • Note: Ubers should be considered such only on the basis of what made them Uber. For example, Speed Boost Blaziken and Libero Cinderace are Uber, but Blaze for either is considered OU. So Blaze can be (and has been) buffed, but the Pokémon cannot be directly buffed in other ways.
  • AGs and illegally obtainable forms (e.g. Rayquaza-Mega, Zacian-Crowned, Eternatus-Eternamax) may be nerfed to be legal in the format.
  • Don't bash other peoples' submissions (just make yours better than theirs).[/SIZE]
453.gif

Pokémon: Croagunk
Stats: 105/130/110/70/90/90 [595]
Type: Poison/Dragon
Abilities: Anticipation/Poison Touch/Draconate
New or Buffed Abilities:
  • [BUFFED] Anticipation: On switch-in, this Pokémon raises its attack if any foe has a super-effective or OHKO move.
  • [NEW] Draconate: This Pokémon's Normal-type moves become Dragon type and have 1.2x power.
Added Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Liquidation, Outrage, U-Turn
New or Buffed Moves:
  • [NEW] Amphibious Anger (110 BP | Dragon | Physical | 5PP | 80 Acc | 10% chance to flinch the target)
  • [BUFFED] Poison Sting (40 BP | Poison | Physical | 30 PP | +1 Priority)
New or Buffed Items:
  • [NEW] Dragon Charm: If the holder is hit by a Dragon-type move, it becomes immune to that move and raises its Attack by 1 stage. Single Use.
  • [BUFFED] Dragon Fang: Holder's Dragon-moves have 1.5x power.
Explanation: Changed fighting type to Dragon type because frogs are kinda like dragons. Added Liquidation because frogs like water and U-turn because a lot of random Pokémon get U-turn and frogs tend to escape quickly. Dragon Charm is like a buffed Dragon-type version of Snowball or Battery. Buffed Anticipation because it should be better, made Draconate to parallel Pixelate, Aerilate etc. Poison Sting now gives Croagunk some priority STAB moves.
Pokémon:
Stats:
Type:
Abilities:

Optionals
New/Buffed/Added Abilities:
New/Buffed/Added Moves:
New/Buffed/Added Items:
Explanation:
NOTE: You don't have to use the following if you are submitting an M/I/A with a Pokémon…
(New/Buffed) Move:
Category:
Type:
Base Power:
Secondary Effect(s):
Distribution:
Explanation:
(New/Buffed) Item:
Effect:
Explanation:
(New/Buffed) Ability:
Effect:
Distribution:
Explanation:

Stage 2: REVISION (0 or 3 days)
  • New submissions are closed.
  • If something's clearly impossible to code, makes zero sense, or is missing necessary details, this is when it'll be called out.
Stage 3: VOTING (5 days)
  • In voting for Pokémon, participants must vote for ≥3 entries:
    • Participants who did not submit Pokémon entries for the given slate must vote for 3 entries if they choose to vote.
    • Participants who submitted Pokémon entries may vote for 3 + [1/2 the number of Pokémon entries in their submission for the given slate], rounded up (minimum 4, maximum 8).
      • Participants may self-vote for 1/3 the amount of Pokémon entries in their submission for this slate, rounded down (maximum 3).
  • In voting for M/I/A, participants must vote for 2-6 entries.
    • The number of self-votes for M/I/A entries must not exceed 1/3 of the total number of the participant's M/I/A votes for that slate, rounded down (maximum 2).
Council:
:dewgong: shadowpeashooter
:trapinch: OPStellar
:cursola: Lapzaplerq

Resources:
Spreadsheet
Discord
Old thread

Last edited:
Welcome, everyone, to the new thread! Please read the OP to familiarize yourself with guidelines for this thread.

SLATE 1: Ice Age
:ss/delibird::ss/cryogonal::ss/snom:

Competitively, Ice-types has always been rather crippled either due to an awful stat spread, a barren move pool, or almost always a horrible defensive typing. While the Ice type is built as an offensive time, most Ice-typed Pokémon are defensive in nature, negating their greatest strengths and leaving them open to their many weaknesses. However, in this pet mod, we can modify break Ice-type Pokémon (and Ice-related M/I/A) and give them a chance to shine! In this slate, only non-Uber Ice-types can be submitted. Remember, LCs, NFEs, and existing separate formes may be submitted.
Moves: Powder Snow, Frost Breath, Icy Wind, Glaciate, Ice Ball, Mist, Ice Hammer, Triple Axel, Aurora Beam
Widely distributed OU Moves: Hail, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Ice
Move that factor Ice indirectly: Freezing Glare

Items: Snowball, Never-Melt Ice, Icy Rock, Yache Berry, Icium-Z, Icicle Plate, Ice Berry, Ice Gem
Items that factor Ice indirectly: TR05, TR06, Aspear Berry, Light Clay, Chill Drive, Ice Memory
Flavor Items: Ice Stone

Abilities: Refrigerate, Slush Rush, Snow Warning, Ice Body, Ice Face, Snow Cloak
Abilities that factor Ice in some way: Thick Fat, Overcoat
Flavor Abilities: Ice Scales
Required: Every submission must have Ice in its typing. This may include adding Ice to a non-Ice Pokémon's type set.
Please check the spreadsheet for existing Ice-type Pokémon or M/I/A changes.
If you want to make a Dragon-type Machop, you may do so as surplus, not counted among your Ice-type entries.
It will be voted on separately. This was the final wish of AdriansLucario.
1619623078722.png

You may now post! Good luck and have fun with your submissions!

EDIT: Since everyone started submitting stuff on a daily basis, the deadline to submit is extended to Sunday night, May 23rd!​

Last edited:
:ss/delibird:
Pokémon: Delibird
Stats: 75/105/80/120/80/135
Type: Ice/Flying
Abilities: Tough Claws/Hustle/Snow Warning
Added Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Hurricane, Focus Blast, Taunt, Knock Off
Explanation: Even in the lowest tiers, Delibird is infamous for being an absolutely awful suicide lead and a worthless mon in general. With this new stat spread, Delibird is now a much more effective suicide lead, boasting a massive 150 speed to flex on any other leads. Due to its increased speed, Delibird is guaranteed to get at least one layer of Spikes up and Aurora Veil as well if you’re using Snow Warning. However, Delibird is not just limited to suicide lead shenanigan, as it now has dual 130/130 attacking stats and SD & Hone Claws to back it up. NP sets are not out of the question as well, with high powered moves such as Hurricane and Present being given to Deli too.

Buffed Move: Present
Category: Special
Type: Ice
Base Power: 65
Accuracy: 90%
Secondary Effect(s): Deals 2x damage if the target is affected by a status effect; ie, a Hex clone.
Distribution: Exclusive to Delibird only
Explanation: The original was too broke, so I changed it to be a mere Hex clone. While Deli doesn’t get any status moves aside from Toxic, it pairs well with Toxic Spikes in conjunction with Deli’s high speed.

:ss/mamoswine:
Pokémon: Mamoswine
Stats: 110/140/90/100/90/110
Type: Ice/Ground
Abilities: Thick Fat/Chilling Neigh/Dazzling
Added Moves: Rock Polish, Close Combat, U-turn
Explanation: Fast physical sweeper with a different playstyle which differs with what ability you choose. A bulkier sweeping set is plausible thanks to Mamo’s beefed up defenses and Thick Fat, a fast Rock Polish with Chilling Neigh is also very much a feasible idea, and probably is the most consistent set you could us, and a Band set straight up drops attacks with impunity and can dodge priority attacks with Dazzling.

:ss/amaura:
Pokémon: Amaura
Stats: 125/90/110/120/135/75
Type: Ice/Dragon
Abilities: Pressure/Ice Body/Solid Rock
Buffed Abilities: Ice Body: Now increases Defense in Hail by 50%.
Added Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Slack Off, Earthquake, Thunder, Knock Off, Icicle Crash
Explanation: Ok, so I challenged myself to make an actual broken dEfEnsIvE Ice-type, and I think I’ve accomplished it. Amaura is now a Dragon-type because it learns Dragon Tail and Outrage and if the Tyrantrum line can be a Dragon, why not its counterpart? Anyway, this is a bulky Ice-type that can either setup & sweep with Weakness Policy or can stall with Ice Body. Solid Rock helps with Amaura to tank hits while Pressure is nifty for PP stalking shenanigans. You could also go for a physical set with DD if that’s your thing.

Last edited:
here you go
:ss/snom:
Pokémon: Snom
Stats: 90/100/115/110/85/100 (BST: 600)
Type:

Abilities: Shield Dust/Ice Scales/Cursed Body
  • Cursed Body [ADDED]
New/Buffed/Added Moves: Outrage, Fusion Flare, V-Create, Clangorous Soul, Dynamax Cannon, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Rest, Baton Pass, Toxic, Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch, Body Slam, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush
Explanation: bulky(ish?) physical and special attacker with a big defensive stat, allows it to take a lot of physical hits. recommended with heavy duty boots since you won't get affected by the terrain and you are still able to sweep.

:ss/mr-rime:
Pokémon: Mr. Rime
Stats: 100/125/95/100/115/65 (BST: 600)
Type:

Abilities: Snow Warning/Download/Ice Body
  • Snow Warning [ADDED]
  • Download [ADDED]
New/Buffed/Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Night Slash, Air Slash, Overheat
Explanation: mixed attacker with good special defense, allows you to set up reflect/light screen/whatever only if a physical attacker doesn't come in. oh wait we also have 95 defense.

Last edited:

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
Pokemon:
Walrein
Typing: Ice/Steel
Ability: Thick Fat/Sheer Force/Oblivious
Stats: 100/135/115/100/85/65
-Sheer Force [Added]
New/Buffed/Added Moves:

-Icicle Crash [Added]
Explanation:
Strong physical attacker with good defense and decent special defense, access to Sheer Force in addition to a high attack stat makes this an extremely heavy hitter that can take some hits and return them quite easily.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
:cryogonal:
Pokémon: Cryogonal
Stats: 80/70/90/120/135/105 (BST: 600)
Type:

Abilities: Levitate | Snow Warning [ADDED]
Buffed Abilities:
  • Levitate - Also prevents Speed reduction. Ignore Paralysis’ speed reduction and provide immunity to freezing.
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power, Calm Mind, Surf, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Aurora Veil
Buffed Moves:
  • Hydro Pump - 85% accurate. If used by a Pokémon with Ice-type, 30% chance of lowering target’s Speed by 2 stages.
  • Aurora Veil - Make the user’s side immune to Hail damage.
Explanation: Versatile Ice Pokémon with Aurora Veil getting a small but significant buff to prevent allies from being damaged by Hail. It can also use Levitate that prevent its Speed from dropping, even from Paralysis.

:glaceon:
Pokémon: Glaceon
Stats: 100/50/140/130/115/65 (BST: 600)
Type:

Abilities: Snow Cloak / Adaptability [ADDED] | Ice Body
Buffed Abilities:
  • Snow Cloak - In addition of Evasion, the Pokémon’s weakness hits are reduced by 33% in Hail.
  • Ice Body - Restores 1/8 of maximum HP instead of 1/16.
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Moonblast
  • Hydro Pump - 85% accurate. If used by a Pokémon with Ice-type, 30% chance of lowering target’s Speed by 2 stages.
  • Blizzard - 85% accurate.
Explanation: Compensate slow Speed with wide coverage and, with Adaptability, hit extremely hard with either Blizzard or Freeze-Dry, or near suppress its weaknesses with Snow Cloak on a Hail team, especially after a Aurora Veil set up. Nasty Plot or Calm Mind give it extra power, with the latter patching its lower Special Defense.

Last edited:

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Pokémon: Cryogonal
Stats: 80/70/90/120/135/105 (BST: 600)
Type:

Abilities: Levitate / Intimidate [ADDED] | Snow Warning [ADDED]
Buffed Abilities:
  • Levitate - Also prevents Speed reduction. Ignore Paralysis’ speed reduction.
  • Intimidate - Always lower the opponent’s higher Attack or Special Attack upon switching in. Abilities immune to Intimidate still applies here.
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Dazzling Gleam, Earth Power, Calm Mind, Surf, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Aurora Veil
Buffed Moves:
  • Sheer Cold - 90% Accuracy, 120 Base Power. Fails if the target is burning. OHKO if target is frozen. Ice-type Pokémon are still immune to this move.
  • Hydro Pump - 85% accurate. 20% of reducing opponent’s Speed and Evasion by 1 stage each.
Explanation: Versatile Ice Pokémon with Aurora Veil getting a small but significant buff to prevent allies from being damaged by Hail. It can also use Intimidate instead for easing the opponent’s sweeping, or Levitate that prevent its Speed from dropping, even from Paralysis.
Hi! I just want to point out that Sheer Cold was already subbed along with the rest of the OHKO moves. It is now basically an Overheat/Leaf Storm clone. Everything that was already subbed is in the spreadsheet, which is in the OP.

Sorry guys and OPStellar for me doing literally nothing after posting the thread. So many final exams to prepare for aaaaaa. I'll try to be more active from now on though.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
Hi! I just want to point out that Sheer Cold was already subbed along with the rest of the OHKO moves. It is now basically an Overheat/Leaf Storm clone. Everything that was already subbed is in the spreadsheet, which is in the OP.

Sorry guys and OPStellar for me doing literally nothing after posting the thread. So many final exams to prepare for aaaaaa. I'll try to be more active from now on though.
Got it. Removed the Sheer Cold buff I proposed.

I might make a few more subs later, though right now I need to think what role Ice-type would need.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
You all knew I was going to submit this:

:ss/dewgong:
Pokémon: Dewgong
Stats: 90 / 75 (+5) / 90 / 138 (+68) / 95 / 112 (+42) (600 BST)
Type: Ice/Fairy
Abilities: Oblivious / Swift Swim | Huge Power
Buffed Abilities:
  • [BUFFED]: Oblivious: Now also ignores user's Atk/SpA drops when attacking Def/SpD drops and taking damage. Kinda like reverse Unaware.
Added Moves: All damaging Fairy-typed moves (except Spirit Break, Strange Steam, Light of Ruin, Sparkly Swril, and Nature's Madness), Freeze-Dry, Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Megahorn, Stone Edge, High Horsepower
about half of the damaging Fairy-typed moves are just flavor, Thunder Shock (because you can't give something Tbolt without giving it this), Baby-Doll Eyes, Amnesia, Charm, Decorate, Sweet Kiss, Magic Powder, Icy Wind
Buffed Moves:
  • [BUFFED]: Icicle Crash: Now has 95 BP and 100% accuracy.
Explanation: How do you make a mixed attacker with only so many stat points? Simple: you pump up its Special Attack and give it Huge Power! Dewgong now has both huge Special and Physical firepower. Due to being able to spam 140 BP STAB moves, special sets are actually slightly more powerful in terms of STAB moves. Special sets also have access to coverage like Focus Blast, Thunder, and Freeze-Dry. As such, special sets are suited either for wallbreaker sets or for bulky sweeper sets with Calm Mind. Physical sets, on the other hand, have access to priority, a different set of coverage, Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, and still a great amount of power. Choice Band sets can be both a great wallbreaker and revenge killer, and Dragon Dance sets are able to clean easily late-game. Belly Drum sets are basically Azumarill+, with superior speed, offensive typing, and coverage. Finally, Dewgong can find a niche on rain teams, since it still packs tons of water-type moves and Swift Swim.

Seperate move subs:
Back in time! (and I think I can do this since Ice Beam is among them)
[BUFFED]: 90 BP moves that were 95 BP before Gen 6 (including Energy Ball I guess): Back to 95 BP like they were in Gen 5.

Last edited:
:ss/machop:
Pokémon: Machop
Stats: 70/100/100/60/90/80
Type: Fighting/Dragon
Abilities: Guts/Huge Power/Heavy Lifter
[Heavy Lifter] When this pokemon makes contact with another pokemon, switches out the opposing pokemon at the end of the turn.
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Mach Punch
Explanation: Machop got so ripped that just touching another pokemon will chuck it out of the battle.

:ss/Cryogonal:
Pokemon: Cryogonal
Stats: 80/50/70(+20)/130(+35)/135/105
Type:
Max Hailstorm - Ice-type

New or Buffed Abilities: Levitate, Absolute Zero, Magic Bounce
Absolute Zero - The Ice type has no weaknesses and is resisted by no types.
Added Moves:
Explanation: Unresisted STAB with no weaknesses, also, status spammers will have to be careful in case of Magic Bounce sets. Cryogonal has alot of special bulk already, but in its broken form, its physical bulk is improved as well. Also, it gets recover.

Last edited:
:swsh/kyurem:
Pokémon: Kyurem
Stats: 130/90/100/130/100/100 BST: 660
Abilities: Pressure/Snow Warning HA: Ice Body
Explanation:

Pressure: This Pokémon reduces the opponents PP by 2 if a move is used. it also reduces the damage of Flying moves to this Pokémon
Ice Body: Reduces damage from Ice attacks by 1/2 and is healed by half. also is healed by 1/8 hp from Hail

Glaciate: it reduces the speed of the opponent by one, it is also super effective against water types. it has a 30% chance to freeze, with that chance doubled against water types.| Type: Ice, Damage: 70, Accuracy: 100%, PP: 16

(Ice Gem):Ice Gem:: It boost the damage and the freeze chance of the first Ice type move by 50%. it is consumed after that move is used

Last edited:
:ss/abomasnow-mega:
Pokémon: Abomasnow-Mega
Stats: 100 (+10) / 75 (-57) / 200 (+95) / 75 (-57) / 100 (-5) / 50 (+20) [BST: 600]
Abilities: Clear Body | Huge Power
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Stone Edge, Superpower, Sacred Ice*, Wild Charge
Explanation: Just Regice but swap Physical with Special.

:ss/castform-snowy:
Pokémon: Castform-Snowy
Stats: 100 (+30) / 100 (+30) / 100 (+30) / 75 (+5) / 100 (+30) / 125 (+55) [BST: 600]
Type: Ice / Fairy
Abilities: Dry Skin / Pixilate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Liquidation, Play Rough, Sacred Ice*, Zen Headbutt
Explanation: Yeah, I have counterpart of Regice, counterpart of Floette-Blue, so why not counterpart of Ninetales-Alola.

:ss/floette-blue:
Pokémon: Floette-Blue
Stats: 100 (+46) / 50 (+5) / 125 (+78) / 150 (+75) / 125 (+27) / 50 (-2) [BST: 600]
Type: Ice / Grass
Abilities: Flower Veil | Serene Grace
Added Moves: Agility, Fire Blast, Gospel*, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Leaf Storm, Toxic Spikes
Explanation: Grass type with Flower Veil is always good, especially with a good bulk, but the problem is this has a bad typing, so this thing can just freeze hax with Serene Grace Ice Beam.

:ss/froslass:
Pokémon: Froslass
Stats: 100 (+30) / 100 (+20) / 50 (-20) / 125 (+45) / 75 (+5) / 150 (+40) [BST: 600]
Type: Ice / Ghost
Abilities: Pressure | Cursed Body
Added Moves: Flash Cannon, Gospel*, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Swords Dance
Explanation: Unlikes Ninetales-A, this thing is fast offensively, but with less useful Abilities. So basically, it is a glass cannon.

:ss/ninetales-alola:
Pokémon: Ninetales-Alola
Stats: 100 (+27) / 75 (+8) / 100 (+25) / 100 (+19) / 100 (0) / 125 (+16) [BST: 600]
Type: Ice / Fairy
Added Moves: Earth Power, Gospel*, Hyper Voice, Sparkling Aria
Explanation: It still can does what it does before, even better. NP Sweeper is just work like how it is before. Also has Gospel with Liquid Voice being both Water and Psychic coverage.

:ss/regice:
Pokémon: Regice
Stats: 100 (+20) / 75 (+25) / 100 (0) / 75 (-25) / 200 (0) / 50 (0) [BST: 600]
Abilities: Clear Body | Pure Power
Added Moves: Aura Sphere, Gospel*, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Recover, Sheer Cold, Swords Dance
Explanation: Just heard that now Pure Power is a Special side of Huge Power, so I tried to abuse that with NP and new stronger STAB. I also decided to swap Attack with Special Attack to not make Pure Power too busted.

:ss/sawsbuck-winter:
Pokémon: Sawsbuck-Winter
Stats: 100 (+20) / 150 (+50) / 125 (+55) / 50 (-10) / 125 (+55) / 50 (-45) [BST: 600]
Type: Ice / Grass
Added Moves: Flare Blitz, Heal Bell, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Leaf Blade, Spikes, Sacred Ice*
Explanation: Same thing as Floette-Blue, but on the physical side.

:ss/weavile:
Pokémon: Weavile
Stats: 100 (+30) / 125 (+5) / 75 (+10) / 100 (+55) / 50 (-35) / 150 (+25) [BST: 600]
Type: Ice / Ghost
Abiloties: Pressure | Cursed Body
Added moves: Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Stone Edge, Thunder Wave, Sacred Ice*, Will-O-Wisp
Explanation: You guess it, right? It's counterpart of Froslass.

New Moves:
:floette-blue::froslass::ninetales-alola::regice:
Move: Gospel
Category: Special
Base Power: 120
Power Point: 5 (max 8)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect(s): Sound-based. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness. Is not immuned by Dark. 20% chance to make the target confuse.
Distribution: Floette-Blue, Froslass, Ninetales-Alola, Regice
Explanation: Just to add Psychic coverage to these mons even though Floette and Ninetales-A already has it.
:abomasnow-mega::castform-snowy::sawsbuck-winter::weavile:
Move: Sacred Ice
Category: Physical
Base Power: 120
Power Point: 5 (max 8)
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect(s): Makes contact. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness. Is not immuned by Dark. 20% chance to make the target flinch.
Distribution: Abomasnow-Mega, Castform-Snowy, Sawsbuck-Winter, Weavile
Explanation: Poison move for Abomasnow-Mega, Castform-Snowy and Sawsbuck-Winter, Weavile already has some thought.

Buffed Items:
:rawst-berry:
Item: Ice Berry
Effect: Restores 75% max HP at 1/2 max HP or less; freezes holder if not an Ice type. Single use.
Explanation: At first, this berry is just a trash garbage I don't even know this berry is exist, but now, it being the best berry for Ice type and Magma Armor Pokemons.
:never-melt-ice:
Item: Never-Melt Ice
Effect: Holder's Ice-type attacks do 1.1× damage, and it heals 1/10 its max HP after the attack.
Explanation: To clarify, this Item only heals when holder uses Ice-type attacks. Even thought I said Ice is the good offensive type, Ice Pokemons are still mostly have high defensive stat which make them can abuse the healing.
:snowball:
Item: Snowball
Effect: Holder's Ice-type attacks do 1.6× damage, and it loses 1/10 its max HP after the attack.
Explanation: Better Life Orb but only for Ice attacks. Ice is the good offensive type especially Freeze-Dry with 5 SE, so why not just boost them even more.

I feels like this mod got abandoned, so I will be participated when I have a chance.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Arctovish :ss/arctovish:
Stats: 90/90/100/80/95/75 (+5 Special Defense, +20 Speed) (BST 530)
Type: Water/Ice
Abilities: Water Absorb/Strong Jaw/Slush Rush (HA)
New/Buffed/Added Abilities: Strong Jaw over Ice Body
New/Buffed/Added Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Sheer Cold, Reflect, Light Screen

Explanation: budget dracovish. In all seriousness (in the pet mod where croagunk is poison/dragon), Arctovish gaining these buffs would be great. With base 90 Attack and around 97.5 Average defenses, it becomes an overpowered Choice Scarfer (Or Band under hail), but retaining Dracovish’s Strong Jaw. You could run a set with something like Assault Vest for more bulk, or Leftovers for use with the new screens it has.

(Changed due to OPStellar's reasoning, thanks!)
Pokémon: Mega Abomasnow (Now base forme)
Stats: 90/132/105/132/105/45 (+15 Speed, BST 609)
Type: Ice/Grass
Abilities: Snow Warning/Slush Rush

New/Buffed/Added Abilities: Slush Rush over Soundproof
New/Buffed/Added Moves: +Close Combat, Nasty Plot, Icicle Crash, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw
New/Buffed/Added Items: Abomasite - When held by an Ice Type, boosts Ice, Ghost, and Grass moves by 20% under hail

Explanation: Abomasite now acts as a Sand Force in Item forme, but why those typings? Its because of the main pokemon types in Frost Cavern, where you get the Abomasite in X and Y. The move additions allow it to gain a lot of good moves and setup options, especially Nasty Plot, which allows for boosting several times, through....
-+2 Special Attack
-Stab
-Abomasite
-Hail, for 100% accuracy
Needless, Abomasnow (Mega Abomsnow) is absolutely absurd.

Pokémon: Machop :ss/machop:
Stats: 80/110/95/60/95/95 (BST 535)
Abilities: Guts/No Guard/Technician (HA)

New/Buffed/Added Abilities: ADDED - Technician
New/Buffed/Added Moves: Breaking Swipe, Dragon Tail, Mach Punch
Explanation: Thanks to the guidance of the master OPStellar, he explained to me that Technician was buffed which I....didn’t know. It gains some Dragon STAB with Dragon Tail and Breaking Swipe, but mostly Dual Chop is the way to go in my opinion. Mach Punch is there for priority in the way that Scizor has Bullet Punch.

Last edited:
Pokémon: Abomasnow :ss/abomasnow:
Stats: 90/102/85/102/90/60 (+ 10 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +5 Special Defense)
Abilities: Snow Warning/Soundproof

New/Buffed/Added Abilities: Soundproof - Now bounces back sound moves that were used on the pokemon.
New/Buffed/Added Moves: +Icicle Crash, Nasty Plot, Close Combat
New/Buffed/Added Items: Snowball: King's Rock, but freeze instead of flinching
Pokémon: Mega Abomasnow
Stats: 90/137/110/137/105/50
Abilities: Slush Rush
Explanation: Ok, so its mega is based off of the fangame Pokemon Radical Red, where its mega gets Slush Rush to use with its base forme's Snow Warning. It has buffed offenses, and with Slush Rush, pretty much an extra +50 to speed. It can spam physical moves with Swords Dance, or special moves with Nasty Plot.
Please submit the customized Mega Abomasnow as a separate Pokémon. (As mentioned in the OP, all Pokémon and their formes are considered separate species, and thus must bust individually. Lapzaplerq has the right idea here, but that shouldn't stop you from designing your own Mega Abomasnow to contest with theirs!)

I consulted shadowpeashooter and we agreed that Pokémon capable of Mega Evolution should still be able to natively Mega Evolve to its standard Mega Evolution, but all Mega-Evolved formes are considered individual species that require no Mega Stone to be used in battle, like in Balanced Hackmons.
Alternatively to changing the Mega Evolution from Abomasnow's native form, you can propose a change to the mechanics of Abomasite (the item), or a change to the Snow Warning Ability. shadowpeashooter and I have determined that– since Megas for All already exists– we shouldn't need to make new Megas for Pokémon. I am currently discussing the possibility of reworking native Mega Evolution mechanics, but in the meantime you must remove the custom Mega Evolution from the native species.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I'm just concerned about coding complexity. Clarifying amendments to the OP are coming soon.

:swsh/kyurem:
Pokémon: Kyurem
Stats: 130/90/100/130/100/100 BST: 660
Abilities: Pressure/Snow Warning HA: Ice Body

Optionals
Pressure: This Pokémon reduces the opponents PP by 2 if a move is used. it also reduces the damage of Flying moves to this Pokémon
Ice Body: Reduces damage from Ice attacks by 1/2 and is healed by half. also is healed by 1/8 hp from Hail
New/Buffed/Added Moves:
Glaciate: it reduces the speed of the opponent by one, it is also super effective against water types. it has a 30% chance to freeze, with that chance doubled against water types.| Type: Ice, Damage: 70, Accuracy: 100%, PP: 16
New/Buffed/Added Items:
(Ice Gem):Ice Gem:: It boost the damage and the freeze chance of the first Ice type move by 50%. it is consumed after that move is used
Explanation:
[\hide]
Please separate the M/I/A ('optionals') submissions from the Pokémon submission in your entry so they're not overlooked when it's time to vote! :)
Also, as a side note: forward slash instead of backslash for [/hide].

Stats: 70/140/80/60/90/110
[Heavy Lifter] When this pokemon makes contact with another pokemon, switches out the opposing pokemon.
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw
Explanation: Machop got so ripped that just touching another pokemon will chuck it out of the battle.
I think Heavy Lifter Ability would be fine if I ignore the fact that Machop get Bullet Punch even thought it's not Mach Punch, so it's not STAB but whatever. Also with Bulk Up to boost its Attack before spamming Bullet Punch and destroy everything. I don't really want to minimod this but it seems like no one will talk about this, so I am doing it. I recommended to basically remove the Ability or change it.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
:ss/machop:
Stats: 70/140/80/60/90/110
[Heavy Lifter] When this pokemon makes contact with another pokemon, switches out the opposing pokemon.
New Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw

:ss/Cryogonal:
Pokemon: Cryogonal
Stats: 80/50/110(+60)/130(+35)/135/105
Type:
Max Hailstorm - Ice-type

New or Buffed Abilities: Levitate, Absolute Zero, Magic Bounce
Absolute Zero - The Ice type has no weaknesses and is resisted by no types.
Added Moves: Nasty Plot
Explanation: Unresisted STAB with no weaknesses, also, status spammers will have to be careful in case of Magic Bounce sets. Cryogonal has alot of special bulk already, but in its broken form, its physical bulk is improved as well. Also, it gets recover.
Lapzaplerq pointed this out already (I overlooked it, so thanks for that!), but yeah priority phasing with damage is too much even for this mod. I mean, BH banned ComaTalk because of its 0 priority phasing without damage. I probably won't be saying this much (this is literally Brokenmons Unchained lmao), but you're gonna have to nerf the ability.

Also, uhh in the OP we said something like this:
Don't overdo it. EX: randomly giving Lotad 150 Atk and Huge Power.
Yeah, please nerf that too.
(By the way, maybe adding Mach Punch would be nice, after you nerf the ability of course)
(Also, a solution that is conceptually sound imo is if you make the ability only work when a move is over a certain BP, because it makes sense for Machop to have to exert some force to toss the opponent out of battle. Just a thought!)

I really like your ability for Cryogonal! I'm saying this because I have the exact same idea for a couple of my future subs, but you beated me to it and had a cooler name to boot! Don't be surprised if I steal this ability in the future (if you are okay with it of course).

Just as a note to everyone, we have a new council member: Lapzaplerq!
This has nothing to do with the aforementioned 'minimodding,' but it does legitimize it. I'll brief them on what's expected of them.

Also, shadowpeashooter and came to a conclusion regarding rules surrounding custom Mega Evolution:
shadowpeashooter said:
Since we are focusing on formes by themselves (i.e. not designing a pokemon for an in-battle forme), mega evolutions can easily go overboard. If, say, someone make Beedrill have a similar stat spread as its mega, and make it allowed to mega in Mix and Mega fashion, that would just be waaaay to broken for even this mod to allow. For reference: said Beedrill, after mega evolving, will have a stat spread of 65/210/40/-15/80/215. With Adaptability. Even if we ignore the negative overflow from the result of minimaxing, we will still get Pokemon that are way too busted.
To put it logically:
Broke mons will become their vanilla Mega-evolved forme when reacting with a Mega Stone.
Mega broke mons are treated as independent species

Implications:
You may not change a Brokemon's Mega Evolution(s) or add any new ones.
Neither may you create new Mega Stones nor change the properties of an existing Mega Stone to affect its species' Mega-evolved form.
You may break Mega-evolved Pokémon, but understand that their base forms will not Mega Evolve into those broken forms.
• • (key takeaway: Broken Abomasnow-Mega will not benefit from having Slush Rush since it doesn't Mega Evolve from a form that has Snow Warning)​

I hope that all makes sense. If you guys want this, we'll make a branch project later that specifically abuses forme mechanics. For now, that's beyond the scope of what's reasonable for the base concept. (Form-changing moves, Abilities, and items are still allowed to be made from scratch, though; just not Mega Stones.)

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Submissions Closed
(sorry for not getting here yesterday, but no one made any subs after the deadline anyway :3)

Edit: Sorry for not announcing this earlier, but we are moving onto the revision phase! OPStellar, Lapzaplerq, and I are going over the submissions. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
REVIEW & ANALYSIS
It has taken me two days to put this together. Please note that although I wrote most of the analysis, this was previewed and approved by shadowpeashooter and Lapzaplerq, who also contributed to certain individual analyses. To quote Lapzaplerq: "Perfect! Nothing to complain or disagree."
Personally, I don't care if you complain about or disagree with the analyses. We designed them to help you all improve your entries. That said, the criticism is not to be taken personally, since it is not targeting you personally but only your submission(s).

Markup Key:
"you must" = Revise to qualify; if you can't, it won't
∆ = Meets some qualifications, but lacks certain qualifying factors

= Qualifies, do not revise (unless revising flavor or reasoning)
(no marking) = Qualifiable; revise at your own risk…
:delibird:
95/130/80/130/80/150 (665 BST)
Abilities: Tough Claws, Hustle, Snow Warning
Added Moves: Swords Dance, Hone Claws, Nasty Plot, Hurricane, Focus Blast, Taunt, Knock Off
Explanation: Even in the lowest tiers, Delibird is infamous for being an absolutely awful suicide lead and a worthless mon in general. With this new stat spread, Delibird is now a much more effective suicide lead, boasting a massive 150 speed to flex on any other leads. Due to its increased speed, Delibird is guaranteed to get at least one layer of Spikes up and Aurora Veil as well if you’re using Snow Warning. However, Delibird is not just limited to suicide lead shenanigan, as it now has dual 130/130 attacking stats and SD & Hone Claws to back it up. NP sets are not out of the question as well, with high powered moves such as Hurricane and Present being given to Deli too.

Buffed Move: Present
120 bp
Secondary Effect(s): Has a 25% chance to apply Poison, Confusion, or Paralysis and a 25% chance to heal the user for 30% of their HP.
Explanation: Present gives Delibird a strong spammable attack and is generally an annoyance to anything. After all, a mon’s (not-so) signature move shouldn’t be such a joke, right? It also factors into Deli’s role as an effective anti-lead as well.

:mamoswine:
110/140/90/100/90/110
Abilities: Thick Fat / Chilling Neigh | Dazzling
Added Moves: Rock Polish, Close Combat, U-turn
Explanation: Fast physical sweeper with a different playstyle which differs with what ability you choose. A bulkier sweeping set is plausible thanks to Mamo’s beefed up defenses and Thick Fat, a fast Rock Polish with Chilling Neigh is also very much a feasible idea, and probably is the most consistent set you could us, and a Band set straight up drops attacks with impunity and can dodge priority attacks with Dazzling.

:amaura:
125/90/110/120/135/75
Abilities: Pressure / Ice Body | Solid Rock
Buffed Ability: Ice Body: Now increases Defense in Hail by 50%.
Added Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Slack Off, Earthquake, Thunder, Knock Off, Icicle Crash
Explanation: Ok, so I challenged myself to make an actual broken dEfEnsIvE Ice-type, and I think I’ve accomplished it. Amaura is now a Dragon-type because it learns Dragon Tail and Outrage and if Tyrantrum line can be a Dragon, why not its counterpart? Anyway, this is a bulky Ice-type that can either setup & sweep with Weakness Policy or can stall with Ice Body. Solid Rock helps with Amaura to tank hits while Pressure is nifty for PP stalking shenanigans. You could also go for a physical set with DD if that’s your thing.
:delibird:The stats are close to double the original's (45/55/45/65/45/75 [330 BST] • 2 = 90/110/90/130/90/150 [660 BST]). Currently, the only plausible counter is Accelerock. Use the doubled value of a mon's base stat as the cap on each value for each mon with BST≤350. The council agrees it is currently too powerful.
:mamoswine:Lacks flavor. Regardless, it qualifies as broken. √
:amaura:Broken √
Present: Togekiss and Blissey both have access to this move as well, and they currently have Serene Grace. That would be 50% chances of the effects, which is beyond broken even considering their dismal Attack stat values. Spamming this at 120 base power and an attack stat of 130– with STAB for Delibird on top of that– with a chance to inflict both volatile status and non-volatile status– not to mention the chance that it might heal– adding a tertiary effect chance to the move. You must nerf this by modifying either its current effects or its yet-unaddressed aspects (such as Acc., PP, crash damage, recoil, stat drop, etc.).
Ice Body: Broken √
:snom:
90/100/115/110/85/100 (BST: 600)
Abilities: Shield Dust / Ice Scales | Cursed Body
Added Moves: Outrage, Fusion Flare, V-Create, Clangorous Soul, Dynamax Cannon, Fire Blast, Fire Punch, Rest, Baton Pass, Toxic, Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch, Body Slam, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Dragon Rush
Explanation: bulky(ish?) physical and special attacker with a big defensive stat, allows it to take a lot of physical hits. recommended with heavy duty boots since you won't get affected by the terrain and you are still able to sweep.

:mr. rime:
100/125/95/100/115/65 (BST: 600)
Abilities: Snow Warning / Download | Ice Body
Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, Destiny Bond, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Night Slash, Air Slash, Overheat
Explanation: mixed attacker with good special defense, allows you to set up reflect/light screen/whatever only if a physical attacker doesn't come in. oh wait we also have 95 defense.
:snom:Brokenough but nonsensical √
:mr. rime:Brokenough but no flavor √
:walrein:
100/135/115/100/85/65
Abilities: Thick Fat / Sheer Force | Oblivious
Added Move: Icicle Crash
Explanation: Strong physical attacker with good defense and decent special defense, access to Sheer Force in addition to a high attack stat makes this an extremely heavy hitter that can take some hits and return them quite easily.
:walrein:Broken √
80/70/90/120/135/105 (BST: 600)
Abilities: Levitate / Intimidate | Snow Warning
Explanation: Versatile Ice Pokémon with Aurora Veil getting a small but significant buff to prevent allies from being damaged by Hail. It can also use Intimidate instead for easing the opponent’s sweeping, or Levitate that prevent its Speed from dropping, even from Paralysis.

:glaceon:
100/50/140/130/115/65 (BST: 600)
Abilities: Snow Cloak / Adaptability | Ice Body
Added Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Hydro Pump, Psychic, Solar Beam, Fire Blast, Thunder, Giga Drain, Dark Pulse, Moonblast
Explanation: Compensate slow Speed with wide coverage and, with Adaptability, hit extremely hard with either Blizzard or Freeze-Dry, or near suppress its weaknesses with Snow Cloak on a Hail team, especially after an Aurora Veil setup. Nasty Plot or Calm Mind give it extra power, with the latter patching its lower Special Defense.

Buffed Abilities:
  • Snow Cloak - Instead of Evasion, the Pokémon’s weakness hits are reduced by 33% in Hail.
  • Ice Body - Restores 1/8 of maximum HP instead of 1/16.
  • Levitate - Also prevents Speed reduction. Ignore Paralysis’ speed reduction.
  • Intimidate - Always lower the opponent’s higher Attack or Special Attack upon switching in. Abilities immune to Intimidate still applies here.

Buffed Moves:
  • Hydro Pump - 85% accurate. 20% of reducing opponent’s Speed and Evasion by 1 stage each.
  • Blizzard / Thunder - 85% accurate.
:cryogonal:Brokenough √
:glaceon:Broken √
Snow Cloak: Why not both?
Ice Body: Brokenough √
Levitate: Given the wide distribution of Levitate (4 Dragon types, 5 Poison types, 6 Ghost types, 11 Electric types, 13 Psychic types, and 4 Psychic-Dragon combo types– the Lati@s formes), you must NOT ONLY relate it to Ice (e.g., cannot be frozen) but ALSO make it practical for the dozens of Pokémon that receive it. What I am looking at is a blanket fusion Ability of Quick Feet and Levitate. Be a little more original; this isn't FE.
Intimidate: Given the wide distribution of Intimidate (6 Flying types, 7 Dark types, 6 Normal types, 5 Fire types), it works well. HOWEVER, for this slate, you must relate it to Ice, unless you had an additional Machop with Intimidate that you wanted to implement, but it's too late for that.
Aurora Veil: Brokenough √
Hydro Pump: You must relate it to Ice.
Blizzard: Brokenough √
Thunder: You must relate it to Ice.
:dewgong:
90/75/90/138/95/112 (600 BST)
Abilities: Oblivious / Swift Swim | Huge Power
Buffed Abilities:
  • [BUFFED]: Oblivious: Now also ignores user's Atk/SpA drops when attacking Def/SpD drops and taking damage. Kinda like reverse Unaware.
Added Moves: All damaging Fairy-typed moves (except Spirit Break, Strange Steam, Light of Ruin, Sparkly Swril, and Nature's Madness), Freeze-Dry, Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, Calm Mind, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Megahorn, Stone Edge, High Horsepower
about half of the damaging Fairy-typed moves are just flavor, Thunder Shock (because you can't give something Tbolt without giving it this), Baby-Doll Eyes, Amnesia, Charm, Decorate, Sweet Kiss, Magic Powder, Icy Wind

Buffed Moves:
  • [BUFFED]: Focus Blast: Now has 100% accuracy. Seriously, it's literally Focus Blast. How could you miss? Maybe Pokemon have ADHD or something?
  • [BUFFED]: Stone Edge: Now has 120 BP. If its accuracy is so bad at least make it be more worth it.
  • [BUFFED]: Icicle Crash/Play Rough/High Horsepower: Now has 95 BP and 100% accuracy.
  • [BUFFED]: Sheer Cold/Fleur Cannon (and all similar moves): Now has 140 BP like they did before Gen 5.
Explanation: How do you make a mixed attacker with only so many stat points? Simple: you pump up its Special Attack and give it Huge Power! Dewgong now has both huge Special and Physical firepower. Due to being able to spam 140 BP STAB moves, special sets are actually slightly more powerful in terms of STAB moves. Special sets also have access to coverage like Focus Blast, Thunder, and Freeze-Dry. As such, special sets are suited either for wallbreaker sets or for bulky sweeper sets with Calm Mind. Physical sets, on the other hand, have access to priority, a different set of coverage, Dragon Dance, Belly Drum, and still a great amount of power. Choice Band sets can be both a great wallbreaker and revenge killer, and Dragon Dance sets are able to clean easily late-game. Belly Drum sets are basically Azumarill+, with superior speed, offensive typing, and coverage. Finally, Dewgong can find a niche on rain teams, since it still packs tons of water-type moves and Swift Swim.
[BUFFED]: 90 BP moves that were 95 BP before Gen 6 (including Energy Ball I guess): Back to 95 BP like they were in Gen 5.
:dewgong:Broken √
Focus Blast: Irrelevant unless it can only not miss in Hail. You must relate it to Ice. The 'Focus' part has to do with the Pokémon's need to focus in order for the move to hit its target. In the case of Focus Punch, it will fail altogether if the user takes damage before the end of the turn. As a person living with ADHD, I'll have you know that the attention deficit comes with a tendency to hyperfocus on certain things, so a Pokémon with ADHD might actually have 'Focus Energy' built-in.
Stone Edge: Irrelevant. Again, you must relate it to Ice, like if it can't miss a frozen target or if it's guaranteed to crit against a frozen target or both… something along those lines.
Icicle Crash: Brokenough √
Play Rough & High Horsepower: You must know what I'm gonna say. ∆∆
Sheer Cold: You said it yourself, it's already been broken once. That doesn't mean it can't be broken again. √
Fleur Cannon (and all similar moves): First off, you have to specify the other moves, i.e. Overheat, Leaf Storm, Draco Meteor, and Psycho Boost (the last of which already has 140 bp). Second off, you must relate it to Ice! ∆∆
:machop:
70/130/100/60/90/100
Abilities: Guts / Huge Power | Heavy Lifter
New Ability: [Heavy Lifter] When this pokemon makes contact with another pokemon, switches out the opposing pokemon at the end of the turn.
Added Moves: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Mach Punch
Explanation: Machop got so ripped that just touching another Pokémon will knock it out of the battle.

80/50/110/130/135/105
Abilities: Levitate / Absolute Zero | Magic Bounce
New Ability: Absolute Zero - The Ice type has no weaknesses and is resisted by no types.
Added Moves: Nasty Plot
Explanation: Unresisted STAB with no weaknesses, also, status spammers will have to be careful in case of Magic Bounce sets. Cryogonal has alot of special bulk already, but in its broken form, its physical bulk is improved as well. Also, it gets Recover.
:machop:AG-tier. You must not exceed 100 Atk for anything that gets Huge Power (shadowpeashooter and Lapzaplerq agree that the limit should match Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile's Attack stats– even though Pure Power doubles Special Attack in this Pet Mod).

Heavy Lifter: Broken, but perhaps not fitting for something with 100 Spe and high Atk, because of Choice items. I could get behind ≤80 Spe, though.
:cryogonal:The bulk is good, but perhaps too high when factoring Absolute Zero. Having Nasty Plot with 130 SpA is a concern.
Absolute Zero: Decent. Would break several Ice types if implemented elsewhere. Lapzaplerq pointed out how it mentions that this Ability grants unresisted STAB. That's a problem. For Ice to be resisted by no other types– including other Ice types– is beyond broken by majority council opinion;
"Definitely breakable by this mod's standards and its attacks can be walled by Missingno.-Yellow, Necrozma-D-[M/W], etc.. It has like little coverage to begin with, which is alleviated a ton by Absolute Zero, but it can't choose what it wants to hit aside from the mons it already hit (though it's true that it hits basically everything neutrally). I could see Shedinja being a huge threat." — shadowpeashooter
:kyurem:
130/90/100/130/100/100 BST: 660
Abilities: Pressure / Snow Warning | Ice Body

Glaciate: it reduces the speed of the opponent by one, it is also super effective against water types. it has a 30% chance to freeze, with that chance doubled against water types. | 70bp, 100% acc., 10-16pp

:kyurem:Could use some work, like adding more STAB to its movepool, maybe +20 stat values. Not really broken, even if the Ability buffs win.
Pressure: This Ability is very widespread and technically has nothing to do with this slate. Not only that, but most (statistical 'mode'; 13 out of 28 legally obtainable species, including forms) of Pokémon with this Ability have the Flying or Dragon type. You must make it relate to Ice somehow. Incidentally, both Flying and Dragon are types with Ice weaknesses, but you'll need more than that to justify it for this slate.
Ice Body: Explain 'healed by half.' Use terms like 'maximum HP,' 'attacking stat,' 'move's power,' 'damage,' 'at the end of each turn,' etc.. You must be more specific.
Glaciate: A bit complicated, but codeable (I recognize its similarity to Freeze-Dry… why not just give Kyurem Freeze-Dry and buff Freeze-dry?). Its current complexity prevents it from being considered broken due to reduced practicality. Either provide a qualifying explanation or rework the move altogether. I do appreciate how this would simultaneously give Victini another move that is super-effective against Water types, but Victini's Water coverage is already good enough with access to a handful of Electric and Grass attacks.
:ice gem:Broken √
:abomasnow-mega:
100/50/200/100/100/50 [BST: 600]
Abilities: Clear Body | Huge Power
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Iron Head, Nasty Plot, Nuzzle, Stone Edge, Superpower, Unpurified Ice*, Wild Charge
Explanation: Just Regice but swap Physical with Special.

:castform-snowy:
100/100/100/75/100/125 [BST: 600]
Added Moves: Icicle Crash, Liquidation, Play Rough, Unpurified Ice*, Zen Headbutt
Explanation: Yeah, I have counterpart of Regice, counterpart of Floette-Blue, so why not counterpart of Ninetales-Alola.

:floette-blue:
100/100/100/150/100/50 [BST: 600]
Added Moves: Agility, Fire Blast, Gospel*, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Leaf Storm, Toxic Spikes
Explanation: Grass type with Flower Veil is always good, especially with a good bulk, but the problem is this has a bad typing, so this thing can just freeze hax with Serene Grace Ice Beam.

:froslass:
100/100/50/125/75/150 [BST: 600]
Abilities: Pressure | Cursed Body
Added Moves: Flash Cannon, Gospel*, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Sludge Wave, Swords Dance
Explanation: Unlikes Ninetales-A, this thing is fast offensively, but with less useful Abilities. So basically, it is a glass cannon.

:ninetales-alola:
100/75/100/100/100/125 [BST: 600]
Abilities: Liquid Voice / Pixilate | Snow Warning
Added Moves: Earth Power, Gospel*, Hyper Voice, Sparkling Aria
Explanation: It still can does what it does before, even better. NP Sweeper is just work like how it is before. Also has Gospel with Liquid Voice being both Water and Psychic coverage.

:regice:
100/100/100/50/200/50 [BST: 600]
Abilities: Clear Body | Pure Power
Added Moves: Aura Sphere, Gospel*, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Meteor Beam, Nasty Plot, Recover, Sheer Cold, Swords Dance
Explanation: Just heard that now Pure Power is a Special side of Huge Power, so I tried to abuse that with NP and new stronger STAB. I also decided to swap Attack with Special Attack to not make Pure Power too busted.

:sawsbuck-winter:
100/150/100/100/100/50 [BST: 600]
Added Moves: Flare Blitz, Heal Bell, Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Leaf Blade, Spikes, Unpurified Ice*
Explanation: Same thing as Floette-Blue, but on the physical side.

:weavile:
100/125/75/100/50/150 [BST: 600]
Abiloties: Pressure | Cursed Body
Added moves: Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Stone Edge, Thunder Wave, Unpurified Ice*, Will-O-Wisp
Explanation: Counterpart of Froslass.

New Moves:
:floette-blue::froslass::ninetales-alola::regice:
110 bp, 10-16 pp, 100% acc.
Secondary Effect(s): Sound-based. Combines Psychic in its type effectiveness, but ignores Dark's immunity.
Distribution: Floette-Blue, Froslass, Ninetales-Alola, Regice
Explanation: Just to add Psychic coverage to these mons even though Floette and Ninetales-A already has it.
:abomasnow-mega::castform-snowy::sawsbuck-winter::weavile:
110 bp, 10-16 pp, 100% acc.
Secondary Effect(s): Makes contact. Combines Poison in its type effectiveness, but ignores Steel's immunity.
Distribution: Abomasnow-Mega, Castform-Snowy, Sawsbuck-Winter, Weavile
Explanation: Poison move for Abomasnow-Mega, Castform-Snowy and Sawsbuck-Winter, Weavile already has some thought.

Buffed Items:
:rawst-berry:
Item: Ice Berry
Effect: Restores 75% max HP at 1/2 max HP or less; freezes holder if not an Ice type. Single use.
Explanation: At first, this berry is just a trash garbage I don't even know this berry is exist, but now, it being the best berry for Ice type and Magma Armor Pokemons.
:never-melt-ice:
Item: Never-Melt Ice
Effect: Holder's Ice-type attacks do 1.1× damage, and it heals 1/10 its max HP after the attack.
Explanation: To clarify, this Item only heals when holder uses Ice-type attacks. Even though I said Ice is the good offensive type, Ice Pokemons are still mostly have high defensive stat which make them can abuse the healing.
:snowball:
Item: Snowball
Effect: Holder's Ice-type attacks do 1.6× damage, and it loses 1/10 its max HP after the attack.
Explanation: Better Life Orb but only for Ice attacks. Ice is the good offensive type especially Freeze-Dry with 5 SE, so why not just boost them even more.
:abomasnow-mega:&:regice:Lacking in flavor, not broken enough. Either provide a better explanation, or break them more. Regardless, I think you got them mixed up; You gave a new Physical move to something that you Physical-ly nerfed, and a Special move to something that you Special-ly nerfed and Physical-ly buffed. ∆∆
:castform-snowy:Brokenough √
:floette-blue:Grass kinda weakens it, even with Flower Veil. If it were me, I'd wait until another slate to break Flower Veil and just keep it as Fairy type in the meantime. Other than that, it's brokenough.
:froslass:Broken √
:ninetales-alola:I get what you're going for, but it's not broken. Liquid Voice removes the STAB from Gospel, so that's self-defeating.
:sawsbuck-winter:Flare Blitz makes zero sense, but it's brokenough √
:weavile:Broken √
Gospel: Lacking in flavor, but competitively broken √
Unpurified Ice: Rename for it to work better with flavor. "Artif-ice" or "Yellow Snow" or "Acidic Icicle" come to mind. To break it, add a secondary effect; currently, it deals 4x damage to Grass and deals neutral damage to Ground, which is not very advantageous. Poison is better defensively than offensively unless you factor the status condition and guaranteed hit with Toxic. However, combining Ice with Ground's effectiveness is much more useful as it can better counter traditional Ice counters, such as Steel, Fire, and Rock.
:ice berry: Broken √
:never-melt ice: Brokenough, but seems more appropriate for Snowball √
:snowball: Broken, but seems more appropriate for Never-Melt Ice √ (feel free to swap the two if you want)
:arctovish:
90/90/100/90/95/75 (BST 530)
Abilities: Water Absorb / Swift Swim | Slush Rush
Added Moves: Earthquake, Earth Power, Sheer Cold, Reflect, Light Screen
Explanation: budget Dracovish. In all seriousness (in the pet mod where Croagunk is poison/dragon), Arctovish gaining these buffs would be great. With base 90 Attacks and around 97.5 Average defenses, it becomes an overpowered Choice Scarfer (or Specs/Band under rain or hail), but not as broken as Dracovish due to no Strong Jaw. You could run a set with something like Assault Vest for more bulk, or Leftovers for use with the new screens it has.

:abomasnow-mega:
90/132/105/132/105/45 (BST 609)
Abilities: Snow Warning / Snow Warning | Slush Rush (removed Soundproof altogether)
Added Moves: Close Combat, Nasty Plot, Icicle Crash, Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw
Explanation: A lot of good moves and setup options, especially Nasty Plot, which allows for boosting several times through the following:
— +2 Special Attack
— STAB
— new Abomasite perks
— Hail, for 100% Blizzard accuracy

Buffed Item: Abomasite – (bonus effect) When held by an Ice Type, boosts Ice, Ghost, and Grass moves by 20% under hail
Explanation: Abomasite now acts as a Sand Force in Item form; the main Pokémon types in Frost Cavern, where you get the Abomasite in X/Y.

:machop:
80/110/95/60/95/95 (BST 535)
Abilities: Guts / No Guard | Technician
Added Moves: Breaking Swipe, Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Double Kick, Force Palm, Mach Punch, Triple Kick
Explanation: Due to Technician's effects moves like Breaking Swipe and Dual Chop become absolutely insane moves on Machop, especially with its now 110 Attack. I did some calcs for some of the best moves and their base power…
— Dragon Tail, Breaking Swipe, Double Kick, Force Palm, Triple Kick, Revenge, is now 135 BP
— Dual Chop is now 180 BP
— Mach Punch and Power-Up-Punch are now 90 BP
:arctovish:Dracovish is barely Uber, and this is far from it. What broke Dracovish had to do with Strong Jaw boosting a usually-high-powered Water-type attack (not commonly countered, since a majority of Pokémon with Ability-based Water immunity would already resist or take neutral damage from Water, and often had better alternative Abilities) paired with Choice Scarf. The reason that Choice Band with Sand Rush doesn't break Dracozolt is how Electric has common counters, and its defenses are lower. What you've done is boost its Special Attack (which Dracovish never had practical use for) and given it weather-abusive Abilities that actually put it at higher risk (Thunder is guaranteed to hit in rain, and I expect it will eventually break as well in this pet mod).
:abomasnow-mega:Removed Soundproof instead of just adding Slush Rush? That's a little odd, don't you think? I guess it helps some of the Avalanche flavor… Other than that, this is brokenough. √
:abomasite:Splendid take on added effects! It helps that this would also have these effects for (unbroken) Abomasnow-Mega after mega-evolving in battle! √
:machop:Technician was already buffed: "Moves with ≤75 bp have 1.5x power" …so currently most punch moves get 112 base power. And before you ask, Iron Fist multiplies Punch move power by 1.6, so that's another option. Last I checked, the boost from Technician applies after all other boosts (and doesn't stack), which is why there is a difference between boosting a move's base power, boosting an attack's damage calculation, calculation of HP value, and boosting a Pokémon's attacking stat. I suppose you thought the boost repeated until the base power exceeded 60? Well, it unfortunately doesn't, or else several Pokémon would be Uber-tier. That said, you can suggest that mechanic in another slate. For now, however, moves like Brick Break, Rock Slide, Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch, and certain moves executed through Mimic or Metronome all get 112 base power with Technician. That's a lot of damage! I'm not saying you should nerf anything, but you might want to review what has already been broken before declaring this broken. As it currently stands, it is not disqualified.

FOR EVERYONE:
Let me clarify what I mean when I say "you must relate it to Ice": (NOTE: examples are original; I am not making an example of anyone)
  1. You may add something that has nothing to do with ice to an Ice-type Pokémon (e.g., giving Hammer Arm to Crabominable)
    • You may not add something that has nothing to do with Ice to any other Pokémon (except Machop, in the case of this slate) (e.g., giving Zap Cannon to Rotom-Frost)
    • You may change the typing of a non-Ice-type Pokémon so that it is part Ice-type and add something that has nothing to do with ice to that Pokémon (e.g., making Rhydon a Ground-Ice type and giving it No Guard)
    • You may not take an Ice-type Pokémon and remove its Ice typing (e.g., removing Ice from Crabominable)
  2. You may alter something that has nothing to do with ice so that it becomes relevant to ice (e.g., making )
    • You may not alter something that has nothing to do with ice and have it remain irrelevant to ice (e.g., making Ice Scales double both SpA and SpD)
    • You may alter something related to Ice as long as it remains relevant to ice in the end (e.g., making Freezing Glare factor Ice in its Type effectiveness)
    • You may not take something related to Ice and alter it so that it loses its relevance to ice (e.g., making Aurora Veil usable in any weather)
This isn't new. The rules were outlined in the slate's OP:
break Ice-type Pokémon (and Ice-related M/I/A)
The only edit I made to that post was to extend the deadline.

That said, THE REVISION PHASE HAS BEGUN!
(Due to the numerous required revisions, this phase will last until Sunday night. Again.)
• Substandard stat-altering Status moves
• Weak and wack Normal attacks

Next slate will be free-for-all.

Samtendo09

is a Pre-Contributor
:cryogonal:Brokenough √
:glaceon:Broken √
Snow Cloak: Why not both?
Ice Body: Brokenough √
Levitate: Given the wide distribution of Levitate (4 Dragon types, 5 Poison types, 6 Ghost types, 11 Electric types, 13 Psychic types, and 4 Psychic-Dragon combo types– the Lati@s formes), you must NOT ONLY relate it to Ice (e.g., cannot be frozen) but ALSO make it practical for the dozens of Pokémon that receive it. What I am looking at is a blanket fusion Ability of Quick Feet and Levitate. Be a little more original; this isn't FE.
Intimidate: Given the wide distribution of Intimidate (6 Flying types, 7 Dark types, 6 Normal types, 5 Fire types), it works well. HOWEVER, for this slate, you must relate it to Ice, unless you had an additional Machop with Intimidate that you wanted to implement, but it's too late for that.
Aurora Veil: Brokenough √
Hydro Pump: You must relate it to Ice.
Blizzard: Brokenough √
Thunder: You must relate it to Ice.
Made so Levitate prevent freezing in addition to prevent any Speed reducing mechanic, removed Intimidate from Cryogonal, give Hydro Pump a borked chance effect but only if used by Ice-type Pokémon, made Snow Cloak having old and new effect combined, and removed Thunder changes.

Would those do it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)