Breaking the Mold: Volt-Turn meets its worst nightmare

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overall it was a good warstory. The format was very nice and your team somewhat original. The commentary was also decent, altough not something special. The dual commentary was also a plus. But the battle itself wasn't so good and no real predictions were made.

I give it 7/10 due to very good formatting and the dual commentary which i liked a lot.

Actually you're both wrong, at least with regards to SE X-Scissor's base power. X-Scissor has a BP of 80 (not 90 or 70) and as such is 160 BP when super effective. So yeah, still made the right choice, but only 20 BP difference instead of 40. I'm not bothering to edit it now though, partially because it's not my part of the commentary, partly because I can't be bothered.
STAB SE X-Scissor is 240BP. Even U-Turn is effectively 210BP when STAB SE. The use of Bullet Punch instead of a bug move is just irking me. Still 7/10

The thing here is that you're referring to two different things. ZetoTarken is referring to the last move Ripamon made in the game, wheras the rest of us are referring to the SECOND to last turn of the game.

I've already addressed the second to last turn (Terrakion's modified Base power on Close Combat was 180, wheras X-Scissor, being super-effective but only 2/3s as powerful and not recieving stab, was 160. Ripamon made the right choice but wrongly assumed they had the same basic power, and mistakenly referred to it as such in the comments).

ZetoTarken is referring to the final turn, where Ripamon chose to use Bullet Punch instead of, say U-turn.

In response to Zeto, I believe you are forgetting the fact that my Tangrowth outsped his Scizor due to specific EVs I gave it for exactly such a circumstance. I detailed that within the warstory, so it's not something that you wouldn't know up until now. Had he used anything other than Bullet Punch, Tangrowth would have outsped and KO'd with Hidden Power Fire. He knew this because he had read my RMT (also covered in the warstory) and that was one of the more memorable aspects of it. In fact it was key in determining one of his switches mid-game.

Honestly I'm forced to question whether you read the entire warstory before giving your rating.

Cool Warstory, I really enjoyed reading it. I liked the Tentacruel vs Celebi, it shows why you shouldn't just assume you know your opponent's set; not all Tentacruel run Rain Dish, and Celebi found out the hard way.

A 9.5/10, a Luvdisc, and a Celebi who will think twice before sucking the life out of a Tentacruel. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)