All Gens Break This Team - Pure Hackmons

Break This Team - Pure Hackmons
1593114503672.png

(banner by me; couldn't find original artist :< if someone knows who they are please tell me)
(approved by Earthworm)

Welcome to the Break This Team forum for Pure Hackmons! So what exactly is Break This Team? Here's how it works!
  • Every week, I will send one team from a random Pure Hackmons generation. Don't worry, all generations will get equal time in the spotlight! Users have 5 days to submit a two-Pokemon core or just discuss the team at hand, in what is called the "submission phase".
  • After 5 days, the voting phase begins! Users have 2 days to vote for one option they think best breaks the team. The core with the most votes wins, and will be placed in the Hall of Fame. If there is a tie, a re-vote is done with just the two options. If there is still a tie, or if the initial vote only contained votes for these two options, I will decide the winner from those two. I will not be voting otherwise.
Rules
  • Do not post one-liners. This includes very short descriptions. Don't say things like "MMY breaks this core because it is very strong", these posts will be rejected and possibly deleted. I don't need a super long essay, just explain why the core works together and breaks the team in a detailed fashion.
  • This is not a counterteaming thread. The purpose of this thread is for users to find viable, functional cores that still defeat the team.
  • Users may submit teams for Break This Team. Just ask me in my PMs!
  • Pure Hackmons is a metagame of diversity, but please try not to post overly gimmicky or unviable sets. For example, using Wonder Guard Burn Up Darmanitan to beat Mega Scizor will not be allowed.
  • Again, participants may only submit one core with only two Pokemon.
  • You may not vote for your own core. If you do, your vote will be discounted for the week, and you will receive Sad reacts.
  • Never, ever, ever, EVER try to rally people to vote for your own core. It is completely unfair to everyone else and is unsportsmanlike. If you are caught doing this, you will not be allowed to post in this thread ever.
  • Users may reserve cores, but if they don't edit their post within 48 hours, others may use their core.
  • In order to encourage creativity, the same Pokemon may be used no more than two times each week.
  • Have fun!
Post Formatting

Code said:
[Pokemon Icon] + [Pokemon Icon]
Sets go here
**Explanation**
No blacklisted users for now.

Resources

Gen 7 Viability Rankings
Gen 6 Viability Rankings
Gen 5 Viability Rankings
Gen 4 Viability Rankings
Gen 3 Viability Rankings

Last edited:
Kicking off Break This Team, let's start off with a Gen 6 team from our own Tier Leader, Ransei!

:xy/aerodactyl-mega::xy/swampert-mega::xy/metagross-mega::xy/diancie-mega::xy/scizor-mega::xy/groudon-primal:
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Diamond Storm
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn

Swampert-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Whirlwind

Metagross-Mega @ Shed Shell
Ability: Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Knock Off
- Gear Grind

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows
- Close Combat

Scizor-Mega @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Gastro Acid

Groudon-Primal @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Spore
Taken from Desertlovania's RMT:

Despite initially considering this as a joke team I wanted to choose the weather effect that had the least negative impact on my team while being able to damage most of the opposition. With all of this coming into mind I concluded sand was the best option for weather. A good sand setter was needed for the team and judging from the potential candidates, Mega Aerodactyl's incredible speed + attack combination, as well as its flexibility proved it to be the best.

I figured if I wanted to take advantage of sand, the team should have only Pokémon immune to it by typing. As with almost all Gen 6 teams, Wonder Guard was needed and Mega Swampert was a very easy choice considering it's one of the best Wonder Guards with sand immunity.

Low-key wanted to slap a Mega Mewtwo X on this team and call it a day but that would've already ruined the theme of type-based sand immunity. As a result, I had to go with one of the next best options for Huge Power. Mega Metagross's speed, bulk, and attack made it a considerable option for the team.

Mega Diancie was added because I wanted a second Huge Power Pokémon and it was nice due to it also being fast and powerful. Mega Diancie however has a different set of weaknesses, even higher attack, and a Fairy-type STAB, which is important for better opportunities to KO metagame threats like Giratina and Mega Sableye. Mega Diancie has less bulk than Mega Metagross but it was given a Focus Sash to work around that.

For most teams one Wonder Guard wasn't going to cut it and continuing the sand immunity trend Mega Scizor had to be the obvious choice. Like Mega Swampert, Mega Scizor is also one of the best Wonder Guards with sand immunity, and having two of the same Wonder Guard Pokémon always backfires in Gen 6.

After looking through the previous five, I very much knew this team needed more options to hit and KO everything. Assuming I still wanted something with sand immunity to cover this there were no better options than Mold Breaker Primal Groudon, hands down. Mold Breaker Primal Groudon makes up for everything the Huge Powers and the Mega Aerodactyl could not hit and is often very easily able to sweep through opposing teams if there isn't a healthy Imposter.

The submission phase ends June 30, Tuesday. Happy posting!

Solaros & Lunaris

Hold that faith that is made of steel
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
:xy/gyarados-mega: :xy/aerodactyl-mega:
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Water Shuriken
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Perish Song
- King's Shield
- Spikes

With the ability to completely shut down two members of the team (Mega Scizor and Mega Diancie), as well as using Mega Aerodactyl as setup fodder should it not lock into Diamond Storm, Gyarados is a serious threat to the team. Once it sets up a Shell Smash and Megas, the only real thing that the team can do is hope to Whirlwind it away with Mega Swampert , which can be ended by Spikes. Enter Mega Aerodactyl, who can trap and Encore Mega Swampert into Aromatherapy or Defog, allowing it to easily set Spikes, as well as take it out with Perish Song. With no Pert in its way, Gyarados is free to rampage against the opposing team.

Last edited:
Band :rayquaza-mega: + Fur Coat :arceus:

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Thousand Arrows / V-Create
- Extreme Speed / Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Arceus @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Parting Shot

Rayquaza outspeeds the majority of this team, and 2KOs every member (bar MGross, barely) with its threatening Dragon Ascent. CWhile it doesnt threaten OHKOs right off (except for Megagross), the rest of the team can wear any member down to OHKO range. MAero is the only viable check as long as you know Diancie-M isnt Pixilate, and it gets 2KO'd by Ascent and can be revenged with Aqua Jet if doubled in. MAero will also face rocks damage with team support.

Arceus provides a foil for MRay. It hard switches into MGross or MAero, making them take hazard damage that should be faced by the rest of the team. Fur Coat provides easier switching, provided MRay is locked into a move it doesn't want. Taunt is a powerful move that prevents Arc from being set up fodder and prevents healing, too. WoW disables Diancie and MGross from doing anything else in the match, provided they switch in. Arc walls and pivots with Parting Shot (BP on teams with MBounce) back into MRay which goes bonkers.

The core has some troubles with PDon setting up as Ray switches out. Pdon after 2 rock chips is close to being OHKO'd by Ascent. Arceus can't stop Pdon from setting Smash after the fact. Arc either survives or sacks if low and swaps to Ray which 1 shots with Aqua Jet. PDon also threatens Arc with V-Create but Ray takes 1 and revenges and you should have the momentum to stop Pdon unless its a lead.

This core wins assuming you have Rocks up (to wear down MAero), which is easy considering both members deny Defog. Also prefers WGs that are immune to all of Diancie's attacks and that can take PDon out. The core would also its own defog, but Ransei didnt bring rocks to a Sand team.

252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Scizor-Mega: 220-259 (64.1 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Fire move, of course, 1 shots)
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert-Mega: 255-300 (63.1 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 173-204 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 132-156 (43.8 - 51.8%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO

Rocks negate sash on Diancie and make KO on Metagross easier.
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 264-312 (87.7 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Diancie-Mega: 348-410 (144.3 - 170.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Groudon-Primal: 249-294 (73 - 86.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 215-253 (71.4 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(252 Atk Choice Band Rayquaza-Mega Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 192-228 (63.7 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 177-208 (39.8 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 352-415 (79.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Pure Power negated by Fur Coat. While they are near 2KOs Arc outspeeds and uses WoW. Arc switches in to any move other than Diancie's CC and survives if WoW hits.
252 Atk Metagross-Mega Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 152-180 (34.2 - 40.5%) -- approx. 3HKO
252 Atk Diancie-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 260-308 (58.5 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Diancie-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 147-174 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO

If Aero stays in, it gets a WoW to the face. If it switches, you Parting Shot into Ray which claims a free kill.
252 Atk Choice Band Aerodactyl-Mega Dragon Ascent vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Arceus: 129-153 (29 - 34.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
:gyarados::gyarados-mega:
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Water Shuriken
- Knock Off
- Substitute

With the ability to completely shut down two members of the team (Mega Scizor and Mega Diancie), as well as using Mega Aerodactyl as setup fodder should it not lock into Diamond Storm, Gyarados is a serious threat to the team. Once it sets up a Shell Smash and Megas, the only real thing that the team can do is hope to Whirlwind it away with Mega Swampert or tank a hit with Mega Metagross, but both of these can be ended by Spikes.
use a core said:
Users have 5 days to submit a two-Pokemon core
edit your post to have a core in it said:
Again, participants may only submit one core with only two Pokemon.
So this isn't a one-liner, I really don't wanna see things like Aqua Jet MRay, like who will run that in real life? There was discussion of Aqua Jet MMX in the PH discord, and this is the exact stuff the rules detailed not to do. You can't just go "oh but this mon run water prio, mega aero no longer check :afrostar:", I'm still accepting the MRay + Arc thing cause that does do the job but I don't want to see Aqua Jet or Water Shuriken on any users that don't already use it normally, like Gyarados. The same goes for things like Waterfall MMX for Landorus-Therian, which I bet someone will do in the future. Only use stuff with proven viability on its own. Because this isn't a counterteaming thread.

So this isn't a one-liner, I really don't wanna see things like Aqua Jet MRay, like who will run that in real life? There was discussion of Aqua Jet MMX in the PH discord, and this is the exact stuff the rules detailed not to do. You can't just go "oh but this mon run water prio, mega aero no longer check :afrostar:", I'm still accepting the MRay + Arc thing cause that does do the job but I don't want to see Aqua Jet or Water Shuriken on any users that don't already use it normally, like Gyarados.
aqua jet was mainly for Pdon because you cant check that thing if its already set up (i could maybe do whirl arc but that gets bonked by +2 v-create). you have to go aggressive and stay in as they set up or else lose to +2. I rarely, if ever used the priorty move on ray anyway bc you dont have to use it lots of the time. the main way i was gonna deal with aero is arc + rocks chip
(also damn i forgot that moldy band mmx is a thing that i have used thats actually prety good that wouldnt be ct right)

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Leaf Blade
- Gear Grind
- Thousand Arrows

Slowbro-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

This M2X set 6-0s and Slowbro is a good check/counter to all the other mons. Writing detailed explanations is overrated.

aqua jet was mainly for Pdon because you cant check that thing if its already set up (i could maybe do whirl arc but that gets bonked by +2 v-create). you have to go aggressive and stay in as they set up or else lose to +2. I rarely, if ever used the priorty move on ray anyway bc you dont have to use it lots of the time. the main way i was gonna deal with aero is arc + rocks chip
(also damn i forgot that moldy band mmx is a thing that i have used thats actually prety good that wouldnt be ct right)
oh yeah that's fair

ok so now time to discuss the team
picking a sand team was kind of a bad choice, smash swap ogre 6-0s

manu 11

When someone asks me if i am indian because of my name
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Giratina :Giratina: + Slaking :Slaking:

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Curse
- Spore
- Substitute
- Recover

Slaking @ Silk Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Horn Leech

Giratina can spam Spore with only Swampert-Mega being able to stop it. Once Giratina gets behind a substitute it can Curse/Recover over and over. This team's only option vs this Giratina is hoping for early wake up or come in with Swampert and Whirlwind it. Swampert-Mega has no recovery so it can do that only 5 times. Even if you decide to switch in and out between the different pokemon, you will lose 2 or 3 (depending on your sleep luck) since the team has no recovery on any pokemon. With hazard support, this Giratina can just 6-0. Taunt helps stop set up or any status move forcing Swampert-Mega to U-turn and stops Primal-Groudon from using Spore/Shell Smash. It could be changed for Encore or Destiny Bond but vs this team Taunt's PP is better i think.

Slaking is the offensive threat. Coverage for both WG and Fake Out/Extreme Speed to check Primal-Groudon. The combination of Silk Scarf Fake Out/Extreme Speed also beats Aerodactyl-Mega and Diancie-Mega. Slaking over Regigigas as this team has only physical moves. Stealth Rocks damage helps Slaking a lot as it guarantees OHKO with Extreme Speed Silk Scarf on Aerodactyl-Mega, makes it a 33% chance to OHKO on Primal-Groudon and a 18% chance on Diancie-Mega.

PS : Honestly i would prefer having MMX or Rayquaza-Mega (both faster than Metagross-Mega and Diancie-Mega and therefore giving more coverage options) but both had already been used and i didn't want to use something someone else has already posted.

Calcs :

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Groudon-Primal: 265-313 (77.7 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Silk Scarf Huge Power Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 229-270 (76 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Edit : Forgot recover, oops, thanks for pointing out Tmi489

Last edited:
Wow was i late

Anyway there's still a tie between Monsareeasy and Tmi489, so by the rules I get to tiebreak
I decided that Tmi489 wins so he will go in the hall of fame, which i have to make

Anyway next team, from the depths of Gen 3, comes my Rayquaza Sand!

:rs/aerodactyl::rs/tyranitar::rs/rayquaza::rs/slaking::rs/skarmory::rs/slaking:

Aerodactyl @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Blast
- Spore
- Taunt
- Spikes

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 248 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sleep Talk

Rayquaza @ Lum Berry
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
- Leaf Blade

Slaking @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Ability
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Spore

Skarmory @ Lum Berry
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Sleep Talk

Slaking @ Lum Berry
Ability: No Ability
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Cross Chop
- Mach Punch
I had the idea to build a sand team since it chips down Slaking. This combined with the Spikes would make it nearly impossible for Slaking to actually sweep. To solidify this idea I put down a Skarmory that could Whirlwind, which made the Spikes even worse. Because I was using a Spikes lead and a sand build, Aerodactyl seemed like the clear choice. Of course I then needed a Tyranitar, and I forgoed recovery since having both Crunch and Pursuit is wonderful. I added a Spore Slaking and then another Mach Punch Slaking, which could beat Kabutops. Finally, I had no check to Groudon or Kyogre, so I used Rayquaza to beat them both. Its Air Lock also prevented it from being chipped by Sand, though it also stopped chipping the opponent. This allowed Rayquaza to multitask with sweeping and keeping the sand up.

The voting phase ends on Tuesday, July 7.

manu 11

:kyogre: + :kabutops:
Kyogre @ Lum Berry
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Surf
- Ice Beam/Spore
- Tail Glow/Calm Mind

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Spore

Ok so this was a difficult one. Like really finding a 2 pokemon core to annoy Slaking, Rayquaza and Aerodactyl wasn't easy and i am not even sure this is good.

Slaking doesn't have many checks/counters and since i didn't want to use Gengar i had to go for weather basically. I decided to go with rain as this team has only 1 water resist and also because Swift Swim actually has good users (unlike Chlorophyll) like Kabutops that check Slaking to a certain extent.

Kyogre sets rain which helps for damage with Surf and allows Kabutops to outspeed Slaking and Aerodactyl. Agility to outspeed the whole team. Surf/Ice Beam takes care of everything. Ice Beam seems a bit too ct like so i put Spore as an option too which helps vs special walls. Finally Calm Mind or Tail Glow. Tail Glow gives immediate damage while Calm Mind helps take hits. The idea behind Calm Mind here was specifically boosting your special defense so that Rayquaza can't revenge easily with Leaf Blade. Lum Berry helps vs Aerodactyl.

Kabutops is the rain abuser. Explosion if it just needs to get rid of something. Dragon Dance to outspeed Rayquaza because of Air Lock. Spore to set up and Rock Slide to hit.

fun fact, tmi's reservation has expired

anyway two people have posted so i will also post the core i would use, no you cannot steal this if you do i will vibe

:rs/gengar: + :rs/mewtwo:
Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Belly Drum
- Cross Chop / Taunt
- Baton Pass

Mewtwo @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- Cross Chop
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Fire

OK this is a real core on rain I think, so it checks out. Gengar comes in on one of the slaking cause they don't have Ninjask, and then BDs cause anyone would switch out on a Gengar. It Taunts Aerodactyl and Skarmory, who suck, and then it uses Baton Pass and passes over to Mewtwo. It can also Cross Chop Tyranitar, who sucks. Passing over to Mewtwo pretty much wins, since nothing can deal with it except for Slaking and:

252 Atk Slaking Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Mewtwo: 130-153 (31.3 - 36.8%) -- 75.6% chance to 3HKO

While yes, this is amplified with Sand damage, both of their efforts combined are still not killing Mewtwo. Depending on which Gengar move you picked, the sweep can be stopped by either Skarmory or Tyranitar, if they know exactly what you're doing, which they shouldn't. Tyranitar will usually come in on a Gengar to Pursuit trap it, so I would go for Cross Chop to at least pick up a single kill. Again, this is a core on rain I think because of Poliwrath + Mewtwo and BD Gengar + Kyogre being good.` So there you go. This isn't the most solid thing ever, but it works.

remember when this was done on tuesday

there is literally only one submission, so like idt this should count as a round, therefore we move on to the next one

:dp/latias::dp/giratina::dp/giratina-origin::dp/slaking::dp/palkia::dp/skarmory:
Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Giratina @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Whirlwind
- Copycat
- Spore
- Sunny Day

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance

Slaking @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Spikes

Palkia @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Recover
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic Spikes

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Block
- Perish Song
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

One of the samples from Gen 4, a sun team by Tmi489! Submission phase ends on July 14, Tuesday, since the last round was barren I'm giving the submission phase more time.

manu 11

Weavile :weavile: + Skarmory :skarmory: core

Weavile @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch/Night Slash
- Fire Fang
- Ice Shard

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Perish Song/Whirlwind
- Skill Swap

Weavile Huge Power will always get the kill on Latias except if Draco Meteor crits. Pursuit OHKO if it switches out and 2HKO if Latias stays in. Lum Berry if it goes for Spore. Ice Punch (or Night Slash) is main stab and Ice Shard gives priority to break the copycat/whirlwind chain from Giratina if needed. Fire Fang is to hit every Wonder Guard.

Skarmory is the rain setter. I chose Skarmory as it survives Giratina-O Huge Power easily and can force it out with Perish Song. Perish Song can be replaced by Whirlwind too, especially since this team relies on Skarmory to remove hazards and the other pokes will be heavily crippled by poison so 1 lucky Whirlwind can be huge. The only way for this team to remove rain is Sunny Day on Giratina (as Weavile took care of Latias earlier) but it will only last 5 turns which considerably reduces the effectiveness of the team. Toxic Spikes puts both Giratinas on a timer as they have no recovery. Skill Swap is always nice and can reset the rain if needed. Shed Shell to avoid Shadow Tag.

Honestly, changing the place of Latias in the teambuilder would highly improve the viability of this team.

So yeah this gets no attention anymore, not worth my time to host.

Effective immediately, I am shutting down Break This Team.

Yes this includes the glorious art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)