Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

This is a team built around spreading status conditions throughout a match.

Washtom as a stallbreaker with trick scarf, and will o wisp to help out with breaking down physical attackers like weavile and melm, resisting most of its main attacks, only being venerable to its toxic. it is also used as a pivot to get in TTar on turn 1 thanks to its scarf

TTar is the special wall of the team, although it is weak to Tapu Lele's moonblast, i think it suits its role well, as it can't be beaten by psyshock like blissey due to its dark typing, as well as being the dedicated rocker of the team. it also has Twave, to further add to the status affliction of the enemy

Meinshow and Torn T serve similar roles, to come in as wall breakers throughout the game, not worrying about chip due to regenerator, while also being quite powerful with their stab combinations to break down defensive cores, with Torn being a booster, and show being a revenge killer of sorts due to breaking the base 100 threshold to beat many mons speed tier

Lando T is a late game double dance sweeper to set up on ferrothorn and knock off pex, as well as whatever washtom tricked the choice scarf to. pretty self explanatory otherwise

finnaly, Dragapult, the standard offensive pivot set, made to benefit from the statuses set up from earlier, along with being able to spread Twave of its own. it is also good for momentum with U-Turn.

as long as the concept is kept similer i don't mind replacing all 6of them. but i would perfer if they mostly stayed the same. thanks for any advice you may have!

Good team it would help if there was a pokepast and some replays other than that good team a bit weak to ice/grass I’d replace the mienshao with a steel type like melmetel or heatran for a fairy and ice reseast And a Rilaboom would help heal everything I also mad an updated version of the team here’s the pokepast https://pokepast.es/24ea6f4df50a275b
:Rotom-wash::Tyranitar::mienshao::Tornadus-therian::Landorus-therian: :dragapult:

Last edited:
Hi! I like the idea of a team but it is missing a couple key parts you need in a team. I'll try to fix them. Your team is called a bulky offense, but tbh there isn't much bulk here, I'll try to fix that.

Your team needs:
- Hazard Removal
- A Steel Type
- A (Real) Water Resist

MAJOR CHANGES:
:mienshao: -> :ferrothorn:
I like the idea of mienshao as a constant poker, but that is dragapult's main job, to come in and constantly poke. However dragapult is more potent, so I am making this change as it fixes the last 2 problems I saw in your team. This swap also gives you some much needed contact punishment and another knock off user.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Body Press/Power Whip/Gyro Ball

MINOR CHANGES:
:Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots :Heavy-Duty Boots: -> Choice Specs :Choice Specs:
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave -> Shadow Ball

I made the shadow ball change on dragapult as it is one of the most spammable moves in the tier and is very hard to take over the course of a game. Your opponent may not always be statused and pult likes to come in alot to throw of a draco or spam shadow ball. Not having shadow ball is missing out so I replaced twave as hex is still stronger if they are statused. I don't feel like it is pult's job to spread status as it is your breaker/cleaner. As we got rid of your support moves and are going to add removal soon, I made the swap to specs.

:Tornadus-therian:
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe -> 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot -> Defog
- Air Slash -> U-Turn
- Focus Blast -> Hurricane
- Knock Off/Taunt

I completely remade this set, from offensive to defensive. For the same reason I kicked out mienshao, dragapult is already doing that job. However torn-t is one of the best defoggers in the whole tier so it can stay here and fix the last problem. The Speed EVs are to creep base 110 mons like Gengar, note kartana is 109 so you creep that too. Rest is poured into HP and defense to wall kart and rillaboom which you otherwise get 6-0'd by.

EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Hurricane
- U-turn

:Landorus-Therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe -> 248 HP/ 8 Def / 252 SpDef
Jolly Nature -> Careful Nature
IVs: 23 Spe

- Swords Dance - Knock Off/Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge -> U-Turn
- Rock Polish -> Stealth Rock/Defog

I made this change as lando is your electric immunity and it is important to keep it healthy. This is why I changed it to spdef. You now have both Ttar and lando as spdef tanks but they both have no recovery besides lefties, so this works well. Another note, regarding the moves. If you have stealth rock on Lando, don't use defog and vice versa. I dropped the speed ivs to get the slower U-turn whilst still outspeeding adamant max speed crawdaunt.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Knock Off
- Defog/Stealth Rock

That's all the changes for this team! I hope you have fun laddering and here is the new pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/95c0bce735094d5b

Feel free to ask me anything about my changes or competitive Pokemon in general. I will do my best to answer them :)

Hi! I like the idea of a team but it is missing a couple key parts you need in a team. I'll try to fix them. Your team is called a bulky offense, but tbh there isn't much bulk here, I'll try to fix that.

Your team needs:
- Hazard Removal
- A Steel Type
- A (Real) Water Resist

MAJOR CHANGES:
:mienshao: -> :ferrothorn:
I like the idea of mienshao as a constant poker, but that is dragapult's main job, to come in and constantly poke. However dragapult is more potent, so I am making this change as it fixes the last 2 problems I saw in your team. This swap also gives you some much needed contact punishment and another knock off user.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Body Press/Power Whip/Gyro Ball

MINOR CHANGES:
:Dragapult:
Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots :Heavy-Duty Boots: -> Choice Specs :Choice Specs:
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave -> Shadow Ball

I made the shadow ball change on dragapult as it is one of the most spammable moves in the tier and is very hard to take over the course of a game. Your opponent may not always be statused and pult likes to come in alot to throw of a draco or spam shadow ball. Not having shadow ball is missing out so I replaced twave as hex is still stronger if they are statused. I don't feel like it is pult's job to spread status as it is your breaker/cleaner. As we got rid of your support moves and are going to add removal soon, I made the swap to specs.

:Tornadus-therian:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe -> 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot -> Defog
- Air Slash -> U-Turn
- Focus Blast -> Hurricane
- Knock Off/Taunt

I completely remade this set, from offensive to defensive. For the same reason I kicked out mienshao, dragapult is already doing that job. However torn-t is one of the best defoggers in the whole tier so it can stay here and fix the last problem. The Speed EVs are to creep base 110 mons like Gengar, note kartana is 109 so you creep that too. Rest is poured into HP and defense to wall kart and rillaboom which you otherwise get 6-0'd by.

EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- Hurricane
- U-turn

:Landorus-Therian:
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe -> 248 HP/ 8 Def / 252 SpDef
Jolly Nature -> Careful Nature

- Swords Dance - Knock Off/Toxic
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge -> U-Turn
- Rock Polish -> Stealth Rock/Defog

I made this change as lando is your electric immunity and it is important to keep it healthy. This is why I changed it to spdef. You now have both Ttar and lando as spdef tanks but they both have no recovery besides lefties, so this works well. Another note, regarding the moves. If you have stealth rock on Lando, don't use defog and vice versa. I dropped the speed ivs to get the slower U-turn whilst still outspeeding adamant max speed crawdaunt.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Knock Off
- Defog/Stealth Rock

That's all the changes for this team! I hope you have fun laddering and here is the new pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/95c0bce735094d5b

Feel free to ask me anything about my changes or competitive Pokemon in general. I will do my best to answer them :)
thanks for the advice, 1 question tho, why shadow ball and hex

Last edited:

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
thanks for the advice, 1 question tho, why shadow ball and hex
On a choice specs set, running Thunder Wave is usually somewhat useless because you're going to be wanting to be getting consistent damage every time Dragapult gets in.

Running Shadow Ball and Hex might seem redundant since they are both ghost moves, but Shadow Ball should be your initial stab spam option before your opponent's switchins get status effects, hex's 65 standard base power is quite low and having a somewhat more powerful option helps a lot. Obviously once their switchins get status'd by your teammates, then you can start firing off heavy Hexes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)