bO MagTrap Slther Wing 9GUU

https://pokepast.es/e165c043e178302a

So it’s basically a team built around a DragMag core of Volt-Turn made of scarf Toxtricity and Bander Volcarona. Those two Pokemon likes to Steel-Types being killed, especially Toxtricity, so I added a Magnezone. Then I added Swords Dance Weavile, that benefits from Magnezone, Talonflame, a fast Pivot and Defogger. I put Pawmot in the last slot as a Revenge Killer but I am not sure.

Slither Wing @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Tera Blast

So a huge wallbreaker, was originally Scarf but it lacked power and overlapped with all my priorities. It can break through many sweepers and Defensive Pokémons. The wincon against Stall and possibly weather/ TR. Tera Ice to kill Flying. I have a doubt, Tera Elec with Wild Charge is possibly better.

Magnezone @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

An important part of DragMag, since it’s mandatory atm to trap Steel Types. Often lead VS Rain, if Fulgulairo has not VAnsorb it often takes a 2HKO. It mainly traps Bronzong and Tinkabell, since Foretress often runs Volt Switch.

Pawmot @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Nuzzle
A basic Revival, with paralysis and Priority, I am not sure if Ice Punch is mandatory.
I don’t know what Tera put, Dark was for stop Polteagheist.

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Gale Wings
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
The defensive Mon, speed to outspeed Gengar. Can get burns on U-Turns, Defogs.
Ground Tera to resist a Ground/Electric Attack.

Toxtricity @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Punk Rock
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Snarl
- Volt Switch
- Boomburst
So a nice Sweeper, Pivots with Volt Switch. Dark Tera surprises Polt, Mimikyu and Espathra, the latter’subs are bypassed by Sound. Snarl over Tera Blast because it benefits from Punk Rock and bypass Subs.

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance
Another Sweeper that likes Rotom and Bronzong being weakened, maybe Night Slash over Low Kick

Good MU gainst Weather, Tr, Tailwind, Stall

Here’s my bump, had some Ladd experience so changed some things:

U (Slither Wing) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Wild Charge

n (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Water
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

S (Pawmot) @ Leppa Berry
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Nuzzle

E (Talonflame) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

N (Toxtricity) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Snarl
- Volt Switch
- Boomburst

s (Weavile) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
So Wild Charge to bait Gyarados/Pelipper, Water Tera to the Gyarados problem, Steel Tera to the Espathra problem, Night Slash for Rotom.

Here’s my bump, had some Ladd experience so changed some things:

U (Slither Wing) @ Choice Band
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- First Impression
- Wild Charge

n (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Tera Type: Water
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

S (Pawmot) @ Leppa Berry
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Nuzzle

E (Talonflame) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

N (Toxtricity) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Snarl
- Volt Switch
- Boomburst

s (Weavile) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Ice Spinner
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Swords Dance
So Wild Charge to bait Gyarados/Pelipper, Water Tera to the Gyarados problem, Steel Tera to the Espathra problem, Night Slash for Rotom.
I figured out Discharge->Thunderbolt on Zone, Teras Ground and Bug-> Grass and Electric

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
This parts not a true rate particularly but kind of a suggestion since this overlaps with something i was playing with on ladder earlier, something you could definitely explore with this sort of route is to instead take specs toxtricity + stun spore slither wing like below. this is pretty cool considering slither wing tends to invite a bunch of stuff like talonflame in on it in the first place which is absolutely massive to allow toxtricity to get the creep on stuff like, and just generally spreads a lot of paralysis around. (Specs toxtricity with tera normal is practically a stallbreaker itself anyway since it has the power to 2HKO blissey)

https://pokepast.es/7dae6b195404d779 (team i was running the pair on)

Toxtricity @ Choice Specs
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Boomburst
- Sludge Bomb
- Discharge

Slither Wing @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Close Combat

For comments on the specific team itself,

In general I would definitely recommend using tera normal on toxtricity though even if you are running scarf, it gives it an absolutely absurd power level and if you are running magnezone to trap steels anyway then you might as well. You should definitely explore some more defensive utility on a squad like this too since you arent taking the HO route, lack of a stealth rocker + water resist definitely suggests one of the gastro/quag pair especially. I'm not sure weavile necessarily accomplishes much on this team as its a pretty poor pokemon anyway but its definitely the slot to consider fitting it in probably.

Definitely run an electric-stab (doube shock) over either nuzzle or ice punch on pawmot, really its probably just cleaner to ice punch all the nuzzle targets anyway. Tera ghost > ground on talonflame imo because with multiple choice locked pokemon you are gonna open up doors to lucario issues potentially if you lock into the wrong move. If you did the specs tox change may want to go scarf magnezone too, but i think you would very easily justify dropping magnezone entirely when you are that powerful since trapping steels is no longer a concern and could go for some other fast pivoting option with defensive utility such as Grafaiai, or a spinner such as Brambleghast / Tsareena to allow you to drop Defog on talonflame.

Last edited:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Hey Turtlek the new generation of UU has been fun for me and it's cool to already see a RMT for it. Slither Wing and Toxtricity are pretty solid mons can be definitely be a scary VolTurn combo. My biggest gripe here though is that you mention DragMag with no... Drag(on). While Slither Wing does like being able to First Impression more freely it's more than capable of just deleting Steel-types on its own with an absurd strong Close Combat. Weavile is also a Pokemon that really struggles right now even with Magnezone support with Talonflame being a tier staple at this point. Pawmot is OK, but out of place here with Electric- and Fighting-type coverage both covered and having speed control present. Also, you lack your own hazards which is not worthwhile in an offensive meta even if Heavy-Duty Boots exist.

:magnezone: -> :tinkaton:
Magnezone's trapping is not really necessary, or even capitalized on super well, on the team currently so I'd opt for a Steel-type that can tackle more of the metagame. Tinkaton is the best Steel-type in UU right now... which honestly is not a very high bar but it does its job. Getting Stealth Rock up, dealing with foes like Espathra, and having sick utility with Encore and Knock Off makes it an easy fit. Getting up Stealth Rock and being able to Encore Hatterene is especially nice currently.

:weavile::pawmot: ->:hydreigon::gastrodon:
Hydreigon is way more threatening than Weavile currently. Nasty Plot can plow through many unprepared teams. Levitate is also great should you desire to Tera Talonflame you still have a Ground-immunity. Pawmot felt somewhat like a dead slot, and I feel that Gastrodon could be valuable in its place. It can provide spike support to really capitalize on the VoltTurn core forcing Pokemon out and gives you a much better Rain matchup. No Weavile makes you more reliant on Talonflame for speed, but it is fine with First Impression support.

Picking a Tera Type can be weird at first but there are some more optimal ones to choose from here. I made Slither Wing Bug for the incredibly strong First Impression, kept Toxtricity Normal for the STAB Boomburst (even stronger after making it pivot Shift Gear set), and made Talonflame Ghost for foes like Tera Normal Lucario. Gastron is Ghost as well to deal with the Fighting-types in a pinch, Tinkaton can avoid getting melted by Gengar with Tera Dark, and finally Tera Steel on Hydreigon gives a large amount of setup opportunities. Also as a general note be sure to think about what Tera types your opponent is likely using on the team preview.

hope you continue to enjoy the tier and try out these changes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)