ORAS OU Blitzkrieg- A Mega Lopunny-Based OU Team

Hello, everyone. This is my third RMT, (you may remember me from Black Blizzard) and I hope this looks good. I just made this team this morning, but I'm very confident as to how it looks.

Lulu (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Standard Mega Lopunny set. You know how it goes, Mega into Fake Out, then proceed to hit anything that comes out as hard as possible. Mega Lopunny is definitely quite scary, and very much an offensive threat, if not something that's intimidating to come against. One possible change to this set I could make would be, in the event that my opponent runs a Ditto, change Lulu's happiness to 0 and change Return to Frustration.

Talos (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

The choice for Heatran came around when I realized that I needed a counter to Talonflame on Lopunny. Brave Bird is a death sentence, and I know Flare Blitz hurts a lot. Therefore, I selected Heatran as the second member of my team. The Steel typing allows it to resist a Brave Bird, and Flash Fire lets it take a Flare Blitz with absolute ease. Flash Cannon was picked over Stealth Rock, as I have a rocker on my team already, who I'll talk about later. Toxic allows me to wear down walls and other stall-y mons that my wallbreaker wouldn't be able to take down, or if the wallbreaker is down.

Shenron (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish

I'm sorry. I wanted some more physical coverage on my team, despite already having Mega Lopunny. Jirachi is the answer to my problems, as that 60% flinch chance is nasty. I know, it makes me a terrible person for running it. However, I really do need Jirachi to be both an emergency healer for Lopunny, and a counter to the things that could potentially cause trouble because flinch chance.

Inspectre Gadget (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

I'm proud of the punny name on this one. Gengar is my wallbreaker, fuctioning on a Will-O-Wisp/Hex basis. If something pops up that Lopunny can't deal with and I need to keep the other team members alive, in comes Gengar to wreck some faces. On top of that all, Sludge Wave allows it to hit things like Fairies that may potentially come in, and I can't risk taking two turns to kill on. Mostly, Gengar is just there to stop something from being too lethal to Lopunny.

Marilland (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill functions as, again, more physical coverage. Granted, the whole Belly Drum thing is a risk, what with Azumarill not having the best defenses, but the payoff, should it succeed is (imho) one of the biggest physical threats in OU. The mix of Aqua Jet and Play Rough make Azumarill into a force to be reckoned with, and one that if you don't take care of, could potentially wipe your team.

Malachite (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch

Lastly, I have Tyranitar. My team needed something that could function as a good wall, and with Jirachi and Heatran on my team, I figured taking a third steel type would just be shooting myself in the foot. It ultimately came to a tossup between Tyranitar and Hippowdon, and I ultimately chose Tyranitar. (Though I would be willing to switch them up.) Tyranitar offers something I don't see from Hippowdon- physical power from something that can also function as a wall. As I don't need the sandstorm to stay up for the maximum amount of turns, unlike in Black Blizzard, I decided to run a Chople Berry on Tyranitar to cover the 4x weakness to fighting, albeit for one move. Tyranitar also functions as my team's rocker and Pursuit trapper.

So, that's my team. I'm looking for critiques on it in any way that you can help improve it, but I do ask that not a whole lot is changed at once. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!

Hi. Nice team you have got.

At first glance, the main threats to your team I saw were water types. They tend to come in easily on your slower mons like Tyranitar and Heatran and threaten you out. Meanwhile, you have few things to switch into them. Azumarill is the only safe switch-in, yet it isn't reliable thanks to a lack of recovery and fear of burns. You could argue that it's pretty much a HO team and that you can sack things, but Keldeo has some natural bulk and none of your mons bar Azu are able to OHKO it. As such, Keldeo puts immense pressure on your team and I think this should be fixed.

Hence, I suggest
Latios > Gengar
. Latios possesses equal power and speed as Gengar but gives you 2 other benefits: more bulk and reliable recovery. This is rather essential on your team, since it gives you a general switch-in to some threats such as Keldeo and Manaphy, which means you don't die everytime your opponent sends in a strong wallbreaker. Thanks to Recover, Latios can stay alive for a longer period of time so you don't go 1 mon down too fast. I chose to run Thunderbolt as the third move as you are pretty weak to Water types and need Thunderbolt to hit some of them such as Azumarill and even Gyarados. As such, Surf was chosen over Psyshock for better coverage, hitting things like Lando-T and Heatran.

My next change would be to change
Support Tyranitar to Band. Support Tar is pretty bad in this meta, being easily taken advantage of. Band Tar would be far more useful for your team, hitting many things for nice damage. This is crucial in getting the 2HKO on Heatran and allows you to deal a lot of damage to Slowbro and even Suicune.

Of course, now that you lack Rocks, I'm gonna put them on your
Heatran
. Flash Cannon does not provide extremely valuable coverage anyway and seems to be a filler move on your Tran. You also have Steel coverage on Jirachi already so it isn't exactly needed. Hence, why not just use it for Rocks?

Here are the sets:
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

That's it for my rate. Hope I helped, thanks for reading and have a nice day! n_n

Hey man...pretty nice team in the meta rn,and I would agree with most changes that Timbers made.One main change I would recommend is togekiss>jirachi BCoz u have 3 ground weak pokes...namely tran ttar and flinchi...so this change would make for mind games against opposing ground types,and it would serve the same flinch purpose...albeit a bit slower,it's better defensively and it can also check opposing fighting types since now ur only ans to them is azu...so a well played say m Cham will run through ur team(like one which has speed passed to it by scollipede for example) and since u lack a defogger/spinner togekiss can fill that role.I also noticed u said that jirachi provided heal support for lop...which togekiss can also do(wish).

Hope I helped.ty for reading

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)