Move 3: Follow Me
Move 4: Protect / Helping Hand
Item: Wacan Berry / Barbari Berry
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
Having access to Fake Out, Helping Hand, and follow me automatically makes it a good support mon. The only other viable mon that has access to these moves is Indeedee, and Blastoise is bulkier and arguably has a better defensive type for follow me. A lot of people don't expect fake out but even if they do Blastoise on turn one could Fake Out either of their mons, follow me, helping hand, or if its a more gimmicky set predict a double protect and shell smash which creates a dangerous guessing game. The evs are just enough to live fusion bolt from a adamant life orb Kyurem-Black without wacan berry with the rest invested in spdef.

Paragraph 2:
The best teammates for Blastoise are pokemon with good spread moves or good setup such as Zygarde, Heatran, and Alolan Ninetales. Blastoise can tank ice moves for zygarde, while zygarde can setup and also deal with electric types for blastoise. Blastoise could also tank fire and steel moves for Ninetales, and Ninetales Alola can encore if they protect t1 for fake out while dealing with grass types. Similar to the other mons Blastoise can tank water hits for heatran and spam heat wave or eruption to deal with grass types.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Water Spout / Surf + Shell Smash can be a good set but having to give up at least one of fake out, follow me, or protect hurts it a lot and makes it less viable.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Fake Out**: Being able to fake out to stop Blastoise's fake out/follow me can lose you the game really easily if you don't have protect or if the opponent has setup.

**Spread Moves / Mons that ignore redirection**: Blastoise's main niche is the fact that it can allow a mon like Ninetales or Zygarde to sweep while taking hits for it. Especially move's like Electroweb/Glaciate that are super effective, and debuff both mons.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Chris32156, 466345]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:
add
comment
remove

[SET]
Name: Fake out / Follow Me Support
Move 1: Fake Out
Move 2: Hydro Pump / Hydro Cannon Follow me
Move 3: Follow Me Protect / Helping Hand
Move 4: Protect / Helping Hand Hydro Pump / Scald
make sure that the analysis format is in order of importance. Hydro cannon kinda situational so Scald is a better midground for burns

[SET COMMENTS]
Paragraph 1:
Having access to Fake Out, Helping Hand, and follow me automatically makes it a good support Pokemon mon. Mention what a Water-typing does exceptionally well defensively for threats like Victini, Heatran, Zygarde etc. The only other viable mon that has access to these moves is Indeedee, and Blastoise is bulkier and arguably has a better defensive type for follow me. this is 100% true, just shouldn't be mentioned here as this is set comments rather than an overview. A lot of people don't expect Fake Out but even if they do Blastoise on turn one could Fake Out either of their mons, follow me, helping hand, or if its a more gimmicky set predict a double protect and shell smash which creates a dangerous guessing game. Fake Out is important as it allows other teammates to attack first freely; this makes Blastoise an optimal defensive Pokemon as in conjunction with the likes of Helping Hand. From here go on to say how Helping Hand supports other teammates then mention the imperitance of having Protect on a high priority attack Pokemon. Say what makes Wacan Berry and Babari Berry good with Blastoise and what it helps it Vs against. The EVs are just enough to live allow Blastoise to live a Fusion Bolt from Adamant Life Orb boosted Kyurem-Black without wacan berry with the rest invested into spdef. Special Defense.

with set comments, you are meant to say what the moves do and what makes them good on this specific Pokemon, no comparatives to others in this part. try to bulk this paragraph out more so you are able to say what makes it great such as its natural sky high defenses etc.

Paragraph 2:
The best teammates for Blastoise are Pokemon with good spread moves or good who are naturally frail or setup sweepers such as Zygarde, Heatran, and Alolan Ninetales due to Follow me allowing them to set up without much harm. What can these Pokemon do in return for Blastoise?. Blastoise can tank Ice-type moves for Zygarde, while zygarde it can setup and also deal with Electric-type threats such as? for Blastoise. Blastoise It could also tank take Fire- and Steel-type moves for Ninetales, and Diancie and Ninetales Alola as it can encore if they protect t1 for fake out unwanted strategies such as setup and Fake Out while dealing with Grass-types. Similar to the other Pokemon, Blastoise can tank Water-type hits for Heatran and spam Heat Wave or Eruption to deal with Grass-types.
Mention partners such as Victini and Landorus

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Water Spout / Surf + and Shell Smash can be a good set but having to give up at least one of fake out, follow me, or protect hurts it a lot and makes it less viable. a great setup sweeping set as it uses Blastoise's great bulk to its advantage. However, lacking Follow me and Helping Hand make it less viable as a defensive Pokemon which defines its niche in 2v2 Doubles. Mention Yawn and Toxic and say what they each do, but make Blastoise lack utility from missing a key move

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Fake Out**: Being Pokemon such as Zeraora, Mew, and Rillaboom are able to Fake Out to stop Blastoise's fake out/follow me can lose you the game really easily if you don't have protect or if the opponent has setup. utility moves and thwart any support that then leaves its teammates exposed.

**Spread Moves / Mons that ignore redirection**: Blastoise's main niche is the fact that it can allow a mon Pokemon like Ninetales or Zygarde to sweep while taking hits for it, meaning moves like Heatwave and Icy Wind from Kyurem-B or Heatran respectively stop this. Especially move's like Electroweb/Glaciate that are super effective, and debuff both mons.

[CREDITS]

A lot of things to do but its a good start! This is mostly rewording so I assume this is your first analysis so ill run you through a couple of things for future reference!
Pokemon needs capitalizing - no using mons since analysises are not in a casual tone
types needs addressing with capitals and if your on about moves its 'Type-move' like Water-type move
slashes '/' are not used to imply OR.
I'd like to see you explain what the moves do and how they effect gameplay with teammates as you briefly go over them and not explain them fully. Ping me once implemented!

To implement this, click the reply feature and then do what is highlighted, and copy and paste it into your analysis!

Last edited:

Chris32156

The White Larry Bird
is a Tiering Contributor
[SET]
Name: Follow Me Support
Move 2: Follow me
Move 3: Helping Hand / Protect
Move 4: Hydro Pump / Scald / Icy Wind

[SET COMMENTS]
Having access to Fake Out, Helping Hand, and follow me automatically makes it a good support Pokemon. On top of that, being a water type with sky-high Defense and Special Defense allows it to take hits from strong pokemon such as Victini, Incineroar, Volcanion, Dracovish, and Much more. Fake Out is important as it allows other teammates to attack first freely and allows you to potentially catch choice or pokemon that don't run Protect off guard. This makes Blastoise an optimal defensive Pokemon while having support options such as Helping Hand. The combination of Follow me and Helping Hand allows Blastoise to either tank a hit for an offensive pokemon or boost its damage with Helping Hand. Other options such as icy wind provide a way to deal with Pokemon such as Landorus and Zygarde while potentially making it so Blastoise's partner can outspeed the opponent's Pokemon next turn. Depending on the team Wacan Berry Or Barbari Berry can allow it to take a hit from something like Rillaboom or Regieleki while it's partner deals with it. The EVs allow Blastoise to live a Fusion Bolt from Adamant Life Orb boosted Kyurem-B with the rest invested into Special Defense.

The best teammates for Blastoise are Pokemon that are naturally frail but strong offensively, or setup sweepers such as Zygarde, Regidrago, Mew, or Heatran due to Follow me allowing them to set up without much harm. These Pokemon allow for a solid wincon where either them or Blastoise can close out the game. Blastoise can tank Ice-type moves for Zygarde, while it can setup and also deal with Electric-type threats such as Regieleki and Zeraora for Blastoise. It could also take Fire- and Steel-type moves for Diancie and Ninetales Alola as it can encore unwanted strategies such as setup and Fake Out while dealing with Grass-types. Similar to the other Pokemon, Blastoise can tank Water-type hits for Heatran, Victini, and Landorus while they focus on the Pokemon that hurt Blastoise the most.
Mention partners such as Victini and Landorus

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Water Spout and Shell Smash can be a great setup sweeping set as it uses Blastoise's great bulk to its advantage. However, lacking Follow me and Helping Hand make it less viable as a defensive Pokemon which defines its niche in 2v2 Doubles. There are other support moves Blastoise can run such as Yawn and Toxic that come at the cost of Blastoise lacking utility from missing a important move.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Fake Out**: Pokemon such as Zeraora, Mew, and Rillaboom are able to Fake Out to stop Blastoise's utility moves and thwart any support that then leaves its teammates exposed.

**Spread Moves**: Blastoise's main niche is the fact that it can allow a Pokemon like Ninetales or Zygarde to sweep while taking hits for it, meaning moves like Heatwave and Icy Wind from Kyurem-B or Heatran respectively stop this.

[CREDITS]

[SET]
Name: Follow Me Support
Move 2: Follow Me
Move 3: Helping Hand / Protect
Move 4: Hydro Pump / Scald / Icy Wind

[SET COMMENTS]
Having access to Fake Out, Helping Hand, and Follow Me automatically makes it a good support Pokemon. On top of that, being a water type Water-type with sky-high Defense and Special Defense allows it to take hits from strong Pokemon such as Victini, Incineroar, Volcanion, Dracovish., and Much more. Fake Out is important as it allows other teammates to attack first freely.and allows you to potentially catch choice or pokemon that don't run Protect off guard. This makes Blastoise an optimal defensive Pokemon while having support options such as Helping Hand. just explain this in the next sentence The combination of Follow me and Helping Hand allows Blastoise to either tank a hit for an offensive pokemon or boost its damage with Helping Hand. really split this into two. I would like to see specific Pokemon that Blastoise takes on with Follow Me. With the Helping Hand sentence make it short and sweet since there isnt much to it 'Helping Hand boots...' Other options such as Icy Wind provides a way to deal with Pokemon such as Landorus and Zygarde, while potentially making it so Blastoise's partner can outspeed the opponent's Pokemon foes Pokemon next turn. Depending on the team Wacan Berry Or Barbari Berry can allow it to take a hit from something like Rillaboom or Regieleki respectively, while it's partner deals with it. them. The EVs allow Blastoise to live a Fusion Bolt from Adamant Life Orb boosted Kyurem-B with the rest invested into Special Defense.

The best teammates for Blastoise are Pokemon that are naturally frail but strong offensively, or setup sweepers such as Zygarde, Regidrago, Mew, or Heatran due to Follow me allowing them to set up without much harm.
Blastoise usually pairs with setup sweepers or frailer Pokemon such as Zygarde, Regidrago, and Heatran who can be provided with redirection support. These Pokemon allow for a solid wincon where either them or Blastoise can close out the game. true! but we dont use the term wincon in terms of teambuilding Blastoise can tank survive Ice-type moves for Zygarde, while it can setup and also deal with Electric-type threats such as Regieleki and Zeraora for Blastoise. It could can also take Fire- and Steel-type moves for Diancie and Ninetales Alola Alolan Ninetails as it can encore unwanted strategies such as setup and Fake Out while dealing with Grass-types. Similar to the other Pokemon, Blastoise can tank Water-type hits for Heatran, Victini, and Landorus while they focus on the Pokemon that hurt Blastoise the most. separate Victini and Heatran into fire types and mention what they do to aide blastoise (specific Pokemon they beat,name them) and then do Landorus

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A Water Spout and + Shell Smash can be a great setup sweeping set as it uses Blastoise's great bulk to its advantage. However, lacking Follow me and Helping Hand make it less viable as a defensive Pokemon which defines its niche in 2v2 Doubles. There are other support moves Blastoise can run such as Yawn and Toxic that come at the cost of Blastoise lacking utility from missing a important move.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Faster Fake Out**: Pokemon such as Zeraora, Mew, and Rillaboom are able to Fake Out to stop Blastoise's utility moves and thwart any support that then leaves its teammates exposed.

**Spread Moves**: Blastoise's main niche is the fact that it can allow a Pokemon like Ninetales or Zygarde to sweep while taking hits for it, meaning moves like Heatwave and Icy Wind from Kyurem-B or Heatran respectively stop this.

[CREDITS]

A big improvement; implement this and i'll look over this once more and will be able to give 1/2 once i see how you've implemented my comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)